Please March - Wallace out, Lethal in

Remove this Banner Ad

eays

All Australian
Mar 16, 2006
ringwood
AFL Club
Richmond
Remove the great pretender and spin doctor and replace him with a proven champion coach who will instill a tough, uncompromising style of play into our boys. Lethal knows what it takes to get it done. All Wallace knows is how to spin below par performances/seasons and recycle old duds like Kingsley, Humm, Patrick Bowden etc.

GET LETHAL 09.

honestly, sometimes i think RFC has been such a basketcase for so long because so many of its fans either accept it or help to perpetuate it.

Wallace has not really achieved anything after his 4 years. If you were told in 2004 that 4 years on we would only still be 9th, having never made the 8 under Wallace then you would consider it a resounding failure.

Wallace has lucked out that our easy draw to finish the year out will save his skin - for now. I back March's assessment of our season. We only beat one team, Hawthorn, who are a genuine contender. All other times, when our season was on the line or we were up against a finals team we were smashed. The Adelaide game was the worst performance i can remember in the last decade. The Collingwood game earlier in the year would closely follow that as well.

Most of our wins this year were fairly cheap ones IMO. Yes we did improve this year over last, but i for one am not all that convinced that RFC 09 is all that much better than RFC 03/04 under spud. Yes we have some emerging talent (but most of our list is still unproven talent that falls into that dirty category of "potential"), but back then we also had younger versions of Bowden, Richo and Browny, plus Coughlan.

Wallace has not achieved anything solid. This is an undisputable fact on paper. He will spin it this way and that though.

If someone said to you in 2004 that 4 years on, we were only 9th, would you accept it or consider it a failure? I say failure.

If in 2004 it had been between Terry and Lethal for the coaching role, what would you have voted for then? I say the vast, vast majority would have voted for Lethal.

yep,

we cant afford 1.2 mill a season, not to mention the new support staff leigh will want.

not saying i wouldnt want him, just not realistic

LMAO - oh yeah, this is the attitude of winners. So we cant afford to have a professionally run sporting club? If we cant afford to do things properly, then we all might as well fold up our RFC skarves, put them in the bottom draw and go find another club to follow. In today's era of highly professional sport, every edge counts. If we are going to accept this type of thinking, and not give our players the best facilities and coaches, then we are accepting mediocrity and we aren't going anywhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ridiculous suggestion, 30% surplus in the salary cap, he lobbed at a time where the list had dipped into the concession bucket on a frequent basis..FFS madtiger could have coached them to three flags....Get the stupid idea out of your head...I'd prefer sheedy

Hey, i'd take Sheedy as well.

Even if i accepted what you say about him (which i disagree with almost entirely), there is the little matter of 1991 you might be forgetting as well??

Lethal is a proven winner, as a player and a coach. He is a man who knows how to get in done in many different teams. A winning mentality and that mongrel to boot - is exactly what we need at richmond.

Hey, i'd take Sheedy as well.

Even if i accepted what you say about him (which i disagree with almost entirely), there is the little matter of 1991 you might be forgetting as well??

Lethal is a proven winner, as a player and a coach. He is a man who knows how to get in done in many different teams. A winning mentality and that mongrel to boot - is exactly what we need at richmond.

he's in retirement mode man...yesterdays coach, like sheedy pagab ..the game has slipped past him, TW opend the lions right up...No advantage in luring a millionaire to punt rd

Interesting that so many of you are saying "play kids", "play kids", but then want to employ a coach who surely only has a few years left, if at all, in the workforce...........:confused:

Remove the great pretender and spin doctor and replace him with a proven champion coach who will instill a tough, uncompromising style of play into our boys. Lethal knows what it takes to get it done. All Wallace knows is how to spin below par performances/seasons and recycle old duds like Kingsley, Humm, Patrick Bowden etc.

GET LETHAL 09.

Mathewws inherited a side at collingwood and won a flag , then they were shit, mathewws inherited northeys side at brisbane, when the players retired they became shit.....he cannot develop players, wrong man IMO

honestly, sometimes i think RFC has been such a basketcase for so long because so many of its fans either accept it or help to perpetuate it.

Wallace has not really achieved anything after his 4 years. If you were told in 2004 that 4 years on we would only still be 9th, having never made the 8 under Wallace then you would consider it a resounding failure.

Wallace has lucked out that our easy draw to finish the year out will save his skin - for now. I back March's assessment of our season. We only beat one team, Hawthorn, who are a genuine contender. All other times, when our season was on the line or we were up against a finals team we were smashed. The Adelaide game was the worst performance i can remember in the last decade. The Collingwood game earlier in the year would closely follow that as well.

Most of our wins this year were fairly cheap ones IMO. Yes we did improve this year over last, but i for one am not all that convinced that RFC 09 is all that much better than RFC 03/04 under spud. Yes we have some emerging talent (but most of our list is still unproven talent that falls into that dirty category of "potential"), but back then we also had younger versions of Bowden, Richo and Browny, plus Coughlan.

Wallace has not achieved anything solid. This is an undisputable fact on paper. He will spin it this way and that though.

If someone said to you in 2004 that 4 years on, we were only 9th, would you accept it or consider it a failure? I say failure.

If in 2004 it had been between Terry and Lethal for the coaching role, what would you have voted for then? I say the vast, vast majority would have voted for Lethal.

It's about what happens next year and beyond. It's not about where we finished the last 4 years. He deserves a pass mark for 2005, 2006 and 2008. 2007 was a bad year but we were forced to play plenty of kids, so it was out of Terrys hands

GET LETHAL 09.
Have you seen a game this year ya tool.

Pass :thumbsdown:

Apart from the $$$$$ it will cost us, how motivated will Lethal be to develop a young side to premiership standard. He's obviously had enough of doing it in Brisbane, they have been up and down like a yo yo for a couple of seasons now. He might have decided its time to just ride off into the sunset with his swag of premiership medallions in tow.

Wallace gets the gig next year, no ifs or buts and I would hardly imagine Lethal taking on any role other than head coach :eek:

Great timing for our club , bad timing for Wallace. Matthews would be great for Richmond , Wallace has been doing what he said he'd do. No matter how it all pans out we'll have a very good senior coach at Richmond next year.

If anything March is turning the heat up on Wallace to take it to a new level. Matthews resigning just makes it more interesting. Good to see the club exploring their options. I'd be up in Brisbane to talk to Lethal this afternoon if I was Gary March.

I haven't rated Brisbanes season but it is painfully obvious that they have no backline. They are very similar to Carlton in that way. Matthews can coach. No one can disput that. 4 Flags in the time we haven't even won a single flag.

Give Lethal the respect he deserves guys. He might be our next coach. Our club is becoming very professional and very competitive. You should all be glad that we are ina position to explore such an option.

Lethal could turn Andy Collins into the All Australian we all know he can be. So can Wallace for that matter. Its a win win boys and girls.

Can't wait to see how it all pans out.

GET LETHAL 09.

**** OFF IDIOT :mad:

TW has done an amazing job with these boys so for you to come up with something so ridiculous shows you are not a true Tiger :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

**** OFF IDIOT :mad:

TW has done an amazing job with these boys so for you to come up with something so ridiculous shows you are not a true Tiger :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

LOL ... if being a "true tiger" means you accept mediocrity like you obviously do, then i guess you are right.

My attention span is not so short that a few cheap end of season wins means i see the last 4 years through rose coloured glasses.

At the end of the day, i just want results. If TW can achieve that, great. But i doubt it. Bottom line is his record is one of losing. Lethal's record is one of winning. Lethal > TW. Any "reasons" such as $$ why we cant have Lethal are just EXCUSES and a means to accept mediocrity. If thats what the fans want, then we get what we deserve (i.e. mediocrity). I for one am fed up with it ... i want success ... i want it soon ... and i dont care what the cost is. Enough of this touchy feely bullshit ... time to make hard calls. Go March!!

GET LETHAL 09.

I got the impression that Lethal is retirning altogether. Might bob up on Ch 7 ala Blighty at Ch 10.

Keep Wallace, draft well, no huge trades and let's look forward to '09.

Why so antsy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Please March - Wallace out, Lethal in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back