Brendon Gale OUT

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone told him we are bottom 2 and now the worst team in the comp. I call that bottoming out
its easy to lose sight of the fact we are a competitive team with our best 23 out there. at the current rate of injuries we'll be applying to the afl to let us use top up players soon. how many times in the history of the afl has that occured outside of world wars and global pandemics? were not norf, we're a f**king casualty ward.

its easy to lose sight of the fact we are a competitive team with our best 23 out there. at the current rate of injuries we'll be applying to the afl to let us use top up players soon. how many times in the history of the afl has that occured outside of world wars and global pandemics? were not norf, we're a f**king casualty ward.
louie still there lol

Has anyone told him we are bottom 2 and now the worst team in the comp. I call that bottoming out
Yes but that's due to the biggest injury list on record.

WE beat the flag favs this year.

I won't sit here and say a bad word about what Gale has done for the club.

He put his **** on the block, set high goals and created a culture and environment that allowed the club to achieve things I thought I may never see. For that, I will be forever greatful!

I can also say though, I do believe it's time for him to go, even last year may have been right (possibly if he didn't have to find a new senior coach he may have left). I am in the basket of, since he's announced he is going, he should step down immediately.

These two thoughts can co-exist, they are not mutually exclusive.

In the corporate world, it's called 'Gardening Leave', and it should apply here. He should not be making any future decisions for the club, especially since he is going to a direct compeitor, and an interim CEO, witht he support of the president and board should be able to cover the gap until a new CEO is found. If we don't believe that to be the case, we should be more worried about the clubs overall leadership than just what Gale is doing atm.

I won't sit here and say a bad word about what Gale has done for the club.

He put his utensil on the block, set high goals and created a culture and environment that allowed the club to achieve things I thought I may never see. For that, I will be forever greatful!

I can also say though, I do believe it's time for him to go, even last year may have been right (possibly if he didn't have to find a new senior coach he may have left). I am in the basket of, since he's announced he is going, he should step down immediately.

These two thoughts can co-exist, they are not mutually exclusive.

In the corporate world, it's called 'Gardening Leave', and it should apply here. He should not be making any future decisions for the club, especially since he is going to a direct compeitor, and an interim CEO, witht he support of the president and board should be able to cover the gap until a new CEO is found. If we don't believe that to be the case, we should be more worried about the clubs overall leadership than just what Gale is doing atm.
I've thought about this a lot. And the one thing I come back to is that Brendan Gale is a person of the utmost integrity. If he was shot, he would have left already. If he was full of shit, we would still be without any flags since 1980.

The easy option is get foamy about how he's recently destroyed the club because he's "checked out". This despite being the man that has turned this club into an absolute TITAN of this comp. Do any of you really think he's just checked out on the club as he walks out? Shame on anyone who is taking a crap on Benny Gale's legacy.

He is a legend of this club. I would have taken just the 2017 flag to my grave. I thought we were never getting a flag.

I ended up with 3. :)

I've thought about this a lot. And the one thing I come back to is that Brendan Gale is a person of the utmost integrity. If he was shot, he would have left already. If he was full of s**t, we would still be without any flags since 1980.

The easy option is get foamy about how he's recently destroyed the club because he's "checked out". This despite being the man that has turned this club into an absolute TITAN of this comp. Do any of you really think he's just checked out on the club as he walks out? Shame on anyone who is taking a crap on Benny Gale's legacy.

He is a legend of this club. I would have taken just the 2017 flag to my grave. I thought we were never getting a flag.

I ended up with 3. :)

That's not what I was saying at all...

1000% Benny has been nothing but a good thing for the club.
Everything in life has a limited life span, players can't play for ever, coaches can't coach forever, administrators the same.
And I never mentioned anything about him checking out at all either, nor was I questioning his integrity by staying on...

But I am still of the belief that once you say you're going, then you should step down immediately (with maybe the exception of players and/or coaches having a farewell game). That's how the corporate world works.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's not what I was saying at all...

1000% Benny has been nothing but a good thing for the club.
Everything in life has a limited life span, players can't play for ever, coaches can't coach forever, administrators the same.
And I never mentioned anything about him checking out at all either, nor was I questioning his integrity by staying on...

But I am still of the belief that once you say you're going, then you should step down immediately (with maybe the exception of players and/or coaches having a farewell game). That's how the corporate world works.
I don't entirely disagree but there's the small thing of the biggest redevelopment of Punt Road to get underway. Someone needs to keep their eye on that or it will continue to experience cost blow outs and has the potential to be a massive white elephant. I'm sure if someone comes along for the CEO role prior to the end of the year, Benny will hand over the keys but to send him off on gardening leave without a suitable replacement wouldn't be a good idea in this scenario in my opinion.

And sorry, I wasn't referring to you specifically when I mentioned people getting foamy. That should have been directed at some others in this thread who have thrown their toys out of the cot. There's been a lot of carry on on this board lately. It reminds me of my early days on here when there was probably more justification for the carry on given we had been rubbish for so long but far out, we've won 3 flags in our very recent past! People are hanging shit on me about the current day Tigers and I do not give a toss. This year can go straight in the bin but I'm confident we'll bounce back stronger sooner than some are predicting.

I don't entirely disagree but there's the small thing of the biggest redevelopment of Punt Road to get underway. Someone needs to keep their eye on that or it will continue to experience cost blow outs and has the potential to be a massive white elephant. I'm sure if someone comes along for the CEO role prior to the end of the year, Benny will hand over the keys but to send him off on gardening leave without a suitable replacement wouldn't be a good idea in this scenario in my opinion.

And sorry, I wasn't referring to you specifically when I mentioned people getting foamy. That should have been directed at some others in this thread who have thrown their toys out of the cot. There's been a lot of carry on on this board lately. It reminds me of my early days on here when there was probably more justification for the carry on given we had been rubbish for so long but far out, we've won 3 flags in our very recent past! People are hanging s**t on me about the current day Tigers and I do not give a toss. This year can go straight in the bin but I'm confident we'll bounce back stronger sooner than some are predicting.
I’ve always maintained our list and the build is fine and I still believe it

Was a great thing for the club , but you have to ask , did he fall asleep at the wheel?

His close to last act is selling a bunch of bs bricks to members that already shell annually, due a 35 million botch up.

How do you get things 35 million wrong ?

Not to mention the footy side which has left the rest of the AFL wondering how we screwed the pooch so hard from such a position of power.

I feel sorry and think he was robbed of AFL CEO, but look at the recent performance of the club… maybe they made the right call?

The footy department still thinks we can compete in finals if we had everyone fit...

Fecking Waffle!
Only one that makes sense is Caro!
Not one question directed at examining RFC position other than looking at injuries!
The list is sheet...compered to who's?!?...no mention of that...compared to playing Finals and GF...or NORFFS!?
Oh the AFL competition is so even...blah blah...any team can rise to the Top...cept the RFC!
The RFC needs to cull/cut their playing list...for draft picks!...no...because then we will be sheet for years!
BGale leaving RFC...so what...it happens...he's been there for 30 years...look at the legacy!
Why isn't such a prize CEO heading to the AFL?!?...crickets and fecking waffle!

The footy department still thinks we can compete in finals if we had everyone fit...

Yze says " when we've got everyone available we can be competitive. ....we'll just keep working on our game"

An early season win and close losses would back that.

Kane, the AA selector, asks who's an all australian out of a list of RFC players?

rhetorical qn. none of course.

We will probs lose 5 or 6 flag heroes/senior players. Delist 3 or so. Thats ample

Last edited:
Was a great thing for the club , but you have to ask , did he fall asleep at the wheel?

His close to last act is selling a bunch of bs bricks to members that already shell annually, due a 35 million botch up.

How do you get things 35 million wrong ?

Not to mention the footy side which has left the rest of the AFL wondering how we screwed the pooch so hard from such a position of power.

I feel sorry and think he was robbed of AFL CEO, but look at the recent performance of the club… maybe they made the right call?
Digital Bricks

Yze says " when we've got everyone available we can be competitive. ....we'll just keep working on our game"

An early season win and close losses would back that.

Kane, the AA selector, asks who's an all australian out of a list of RFC players?

rhetorical qn. none of course.

We will probs lose 5 or 6 flag heroes/senior players. Delist 3 or so. Thats ample
have you watched the last two games? have you not seen the thread "This is the worst start to a season in our history"

Remove this Banner Ad

Brendon Gale OUT

Remove this Banner Ad

Back