mighty mick

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 10, 2002
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
aussie cricket team
have had the luck of watching the 1994 prelim final on footy extra this morning longers has just put us in front at last minutes of the game but i know what is to come... i cant watch, that rex hunt ablett call is about to ring through my ears and the site of mickin the goalsqure after the game still brings a tear to my eye.

:( :(

colbert i think i hate you :confused: had the last good kick into the forward line for geelong with about 15 seconds left.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Spidergirl~RiCkChiCk

that was when john barnes could actually play

He could couldn't he! I reckon he won the game for Geelong. That fantastic mark he took in our goal square was bad enough but before his feet had hit the ground he'd fired off a 30 metre hand pass to Bairstow for the fateful final forward thrust. I've often though that if only Barnes had done the "sensible" thing and gone back and taken 10-15 seconds to look for the "best option" they may have run out of time but Barnes didn't do the expected thing too often.

If anyone's still up watching Fox Footy Extra - there's a game with Corey Jones playing for Sturt. It may be the 2000 Grannie? I only flick over to it during the ads.

Originally posted by Malibu
Cheer up Mighty Mick - the 1996 Grannie is on now. :)

I forgot how much I loved schwatta running through the middle at full pelt.

yeah tears of joy watching that one, probably the most fitting grand final for a few players who left after 96, or had previously missed out through injury. flossys goal for one, crocker was fit,

most telling picture or moment seeing shannon grant on the bench for the swans, definitely gave him the inspiration for 99 and the medal.

Originally posted by Malibu
If anyone's still up watching Fox Footy Extra - there's a game with Corey Jones playing for Sturt. It may be the 2000 Grannie? I only flick over to it during the ads. [/QUOTE

I think that one was the semi final.......I was there in body but not in mind.......Sheesh those Port supporters know how to drink!:D

Remove this Banner Ad

pleasure or agony

Remove this Banner Ad

Back