Draft Expert PMBangers 2024 Draft Thread and psuedo general draft discussion apparently

Remove this Banner Ad

The next Jack Hayes?, stars in the SA league, gets picked up as a mature age recruit. Any stats on him e.g height in particular.
195cm at SANFL preseason testing where he ran a 2.92, followed up by 2.95 at the recent National Combine, also tested well in the hops testing. Bangers might have his height measurement from the recent combine?

Bangers.
If North are serious about Tauru and throw Richmond a bone with 2=6+18, which key position likely still available?
I have Armstrong, Shanahan and Jitlock gone by 18. Who would be best out of Mitlock, Faull, O'Farrell or Gerryn in your opinion? Any chance Trainor could slide with the leaked reports about ongoing concussion issues?

Bangers.
If North are serious about Tauru and throw Richmond a bone with 2=6+18, which key position likely still available?
I have Armstrong, Shanahan and Jitlock gone by 18. Who would be best out of Mitlock, Faull, O'Farrell or Gerryn in your opinion? Any chance Trainor could slide with the leaked reports about ongoing concussion issues?
I think JWhitlock and Shanahan are probably 50/50 to be there still, somewhat dependant on the Marshall bid I guess, but O'Farrell would be the best of those options you suggested imo.

Trainor could still be there, and would be ridiculously good value, and despite not being that traditional KPD I think he'd be a good fit for North long term with Chom

Do you have a copy of Hannaford’s results from the vic combine?
He was first in the agility test, posted something like a 7.26 2km time trial though which is damn slow in the AFL world. I could almost knock that off tomorrow, let alone with a few weeks of training

Edit: found them

Hannaford tested at the state combine

Height 180.1
Vertical jump 66
VJ Right 86
VJ Left 69
5mtr 1.077
10mtr 1.775
20mtr 2.954
Agility 7.922
2KM 7.26

He was first in the agility test, posted something like a 7.26 2km time trial though which is damn slow in the AFL world. I could almost knock that off tomorrow, let alone with a few weeks of training

Edit: found them

Hannaford tested at the state combine

Height 180.1
Vertical jump 66
VJ Right 86
VJ Left 69
5mtr 1.077
10mtr 1.775
20mtr 2.954
Agility 7.922
2KM 7.26
Thanks!

So to this novice eye, it looks like he's got elite agility and burst speed, so-so aerial and a very unimpressive tank.

Thanks!

So to this novice eye, it looks like he's got elite agility and burst speed, so-so aerial and a very unimpressive tank.
Ditto.
It may be due to injury recovery or something else. Or he may be Veszpremi mk2. Looked good to the eyeball but Vez would regularly manage 40 disposal VFL games, just never developed the tank for AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Expert PMBangers 2024 Draft Thread and psuedo general draft discussion apparently

Remove this Banner Ad

Back