Poaching Spuds

Remove this Banner Ad

Wait, North and all 38 fans were filthy were Greenwood when he left?
I know you lot endorse and practice inbreeding (I've seen enough Street talk) but even you peabrains should know basic maths.

EDIT Now. I say that but you are not actually wrong that some of us were plenty disgruntled. Point is made.

THAT SAID -- "Spud"?

Last edited:

with the number of father sons coming through shortly we couldn't keep him .. unfortunately

besides he is best mates with Jacko (who promised Impey's father that he would look after him)

Jacko and Jars is one of the best things I've ever come across Nihilus.

Somehow Kyle Cheney had his career extended at two far better teams after Dark Ages Melbourne. More weird than Steven Armstrong winning a premiership.

And, unbelievably, he's in the middle of his 11th season on a list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

I had no idea. Mind blown.

From Melbourne's 104 loss to Hawthorn in R1 2008 to Adelaide's 91 point loss to Melbourne yesterday, Kyle's clubs have played 248 games, 171 of those not involving him and the total games gets cut by at least 22 games when you consider Kyle debuted in 2009.

Cut 25 more games as Kyle didn't play a senior game last year and that's a total of 201 games played around Kyle.

There would've been one more game added to those numbers but the Adelaide-Geelong R14 2015 game was cancelled after Phil Walsh's murder.

So 77 games out of 248 games for Kyle in a nutshell.

That game was a coin toss, anything could have happened out of that final centre bounce, you took your chances and won, congrats.

But yeah, you drafted duds, tonight proved it.
A 3pt loss in Tasmania after 8 50m penalties???

What's a 91pt loss suggest Gibbs is??? Crow logic.

Run along troll.

Anyone remember the GOAT trade of Daniel Metropolis for Greg Harding. That was one for the ages.

Im surprised at how short everyones memories are. I remember all the way back in 2005. My dad thought Daniel McConnell would be the next Peter Matera pretty much and I wanted him delisted because he was woeful. In came North Melbourne who give us Pick 13 (Hurn) and Pick 29 (Ben McKinley) for McConnell and Pick 18. McConnell played 1 game for North I think and well Shannon Hurn slipped massively in the draft and the rest is history

My favorite of all time though has to be Andrew McDougall. This guy was legit the worst footballer of all time in my eyes at the time but Bulldogs gave up pick 29 for him (Eric McKenzie). McKenzie had a brilliant 10 years before injury cut him down in the last 3 years and McDougall I think did nothing for the Bulldogs. I do miss that haircut though

Another one for me is Tom Lee. When he was plugging away in the WAFL I was a bit of a "maybe a team will pick him up deep in the rookie draft, maybe pick 50 odd and give him a go". In come St Kilda on a white horse and give pick Brendan Goddard to get him at pick 15 in the actual draft. Was genuinely blown away that a mature ager would go for such a high price

Jordan McMahon to Richmond. One way runner, downhill skiier extordinaire.

Somehow netted us pick 18 (Ward) who went to GWS netting us compo pick 6 (Macrae) who already has a 2nd in the B&F to his name and would be leading the B&F this year by streets.

Jordy, the gift that keeps on giving.

Yer but Jordon kicked the winning goal that got us Dusty .. a win win in my book.

a_spt_anthony_16onn5j-16onn5o.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Poaching Spuds

Remove this Banner Ad

Back