Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Hey,
For those interested in mysteries paranormal you may be interested in Generation Why Podcast. They look at a number murder mysteries such as OJ Simpson, Darlie Router, Ryan Ferguson, Amanda Knox etc.
Plus a number of other issues. They do one per week.
http://raasnio.com/GenerationWhyPodcast/feed/podcast/

Enjoy!

I've recently discovered that you can plug ear things into my phone and listen to stuff, and a friend at the model train club told me about a thing called podcasts - which are apparently a good way to listen to people talk on your phone.

So, what conspiracy board themed podcasts do you like to listen to?

Bill Burr's stuff.
One of my favourite comedians! I don't follow any particular CMP style YouTube channel, just mostly float from one to another. I'm fairly open minded unless they push downright ridiculous stuff (flat Earth), then you have to question their motives :cool:

Lately I've become a fan of Bombard’s Body Language - some of her work is relevant to this board :thumbsu:

Those Conspiracy Guys are some ****ing hilarious Irish bastards. Get the podcast, its a great way to burn hours of boredom.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
Hi guys,

A couple of mates and I have launched an Australian true crime podcast called Fair Dinkum Freaks. We cover mysteries, murders and other strange goings on.

We're on iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify and most podcast platforms.

Would love some feedback if you give it a listen.

Would love you to cover this gem (VOLLMER CASE)

http://www.unsolvedmysteries.com/usm81745.html

Brilliant. I'll let you know when it's up. Was my favourite topic so far.

That sounds interesting up_the_lions (I'll merge this with the other podcasts thread later)

Also that reminds me to post some youtube channels that people might find interesting.

I'm into true crime podcasts. Just listened to ep. 4. This is a different format to what I've heard before and I really liked it. It's interesting to have a discussion rather than a lecture/story format. I actually know quite a bit about this story being one of the most famous cases in WA history. There'd been a campaign to have the convictions of the 2 who had innocently gone to gaol since the 1980s. I remember even after the confessions had become public, the parents of John Button's girlfriend were absolutely convinced he was guilty and fought against his conviction being overturned. Even when it was they struggled with his innocence, and of course never apologised for being key for his continued guilt for their daughters murder, that also ruined his life. They seemed extremely keen that he be continued to be seen as guilty for a crime he obviously didn't commit. Maybe they felt he was somehow guilty through not protecting their daughter, and they desperately wanted his life ruined. Always seemed a bit nasty to me. But I've never had a daughter murdered by a serial killer. I seem to remember that the police suppressed the confessions of the 2 murders for which the innocent blokes were sentenced, but not the other confessions. So the victims didn't know that someone had confessed to the murders for which they'd been convicted.

You guys bring a sense of humour to this terrible story. Will definitely follow :thumbsu:

Last edited:
I'm into true crime podcasts. Just listened to ep. 4. This is a different format to what I've heard before and I really liked it. It's interesting to have a discussion rather than a lecture/story format. I actually know quite a bit about this story being one of the most famous cases in WA history. There'd been a campaign to have the convictions of the 2 who had innocently gone to gaol since the 1980s. I remember even after the confessions had become public, the parents of John Button's girlfriend were absolutely convinced he was guilty and fought against his conviction being overturned. Even when it was they struggled with his innocence, and of course never apologised for being key for his continued guilt for their daughters murder, that also ruined his life. They seemed extremely keen that he be continued to be seen as guilty for a crime he obviously didn't commit. Maybe they felt he was somehow guilty through not protecting their daughter, and they desperately wanted his life ruined. Always seemed a bit nasty to me. But I've never had a daughter murdered by a serial killer. I seem to remember that the police suppressed the confessions of the 2 murders for which the innocent blokes were sentenced, but not the other confessions. So the victims didn't know that someone had confessed to the murders for which they'd been convicted.

You guys bring a sense of humour to this terrible story. Will definitely follow :thumbsu:
Thanks very much for the feedback, Grin. Really appreciate it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Xfiles News Podcasts & YouTube channels

Remove this Banner Ad

Back