Toast Podsiadly

Remove this Banner Ad

Was Pods slightly injured again in the Doggies game ?

If so give him a week or two off - as he will be a big asset come the finals - one we really have not had before in the finals campaigns over the last few years. A true FF who can lead or take a contested mark in the goal square.

Geelong look better to me when he plays - and he is way ahead of Hawkins at this stage as our preferred FF IMO.

So make sure he is right to go first week of the finals - especially against the Saints - as I think Pods will make their backmen more accountable. If they play Zac Dawson him and it is a one one competition - I like our chances.

He looked to injure some part of his leg making a tackle in the last, and tried to get back on and then went off again and finished in the tracksuit. Hopefully just precautionary. I'd be tempted to give him a rest this week but too worried he won't get back in if that happens.

Didn't appear listed injured in the match report so we'll have to wait for Monday.

Yes, as a FF, particularly marking, he is streets ahead of Hawkins, who by the way was much better last night, but Hawk can't have a FF spot for the GF on merit, it has to be second ruck or nothing for him.

I look forward to Pods destroying Zac Dawson if we get him one out in the QF.

Pods is playing better than our other key forwards Hawkins and Mooney.
He leads up the ground, can take a contested mark, has great 2nd and 3rd efforts and is an accurate kick.
Great pick up by our club.

That would have been one fun night , Pure. The first 15 minutes they would have plenty of vinegar , after that it would have just the sour taste left in their mouth.

On Pods. What he is good at is apparent. I still think he can improve , even at 28. For a start he needs to work on his upfield mark turn and ignoring his right side and being tentative Mark-kick players can be one sided but your really must be better than that in the AFL. I'd also like to see him just polish his ball drop , the goals he has missed this year has all been related to a bad ball drop when under pressure.The pressure he applied was great but it seems to always take it out of him. Perhaps its just that its been a long year , a lot of media and his body has probably had enough Superficially I'd like to see him go for Chappy haircut but thats just me. No matter what , he will be a better player next year because he will be approaching the pre-season as an AFL player for the first time in his career.

Yeah it was fun..didn't know that's where they were when I chose the seats, but they were all good natured with the banter and it was pretty enjoyable, except for when they uncreatively went boo-yrnes all the time.

On the other stuff I agree with what you say. For me he's definitely a good enough long kick on the left, it's just really a confidence issue of not hesitating and overthinking which he does at times, and just going long first option. I think we have to be fair in what we expect of him with it though, as I said to SJ, one thing Pods has never had to do much in his VFL career is kick it from wing inside 50, because he's always the one inside 50! So combine that with unfamiliar grounds, and finding his feet at AFL level etc, and more practice with it it will come. I think it's related to the comments Bomber said last week about him just relaxing and playing footy, if he does that he will be more instinctive with the play on etc, and I would just tell him for this year's finals, and beyond too, when in doubt give the first option and use your big long lefty son.

Haven't broken down the frames of the coverage enough to check the ball drop so I'll have to take your word for it. Balldrop is a hard thing to get right all the time as the experts will tell you. Fairly happy with his goalkicking though, fairly solid technique and not as prone to shanking it as Moons' goalkicking often is.

I think people underestimate the workload effects he's really had to carry more this year than you'd expect from a first year player, but if he's managed well, as I have faith we will do, he'll still have all the explosive burst power he needs for the finals, as that's what powers his contested marks inside 50, and that's what will be lethal for us.

I agree on the nude nut! It was funny they showed his highlights on gameday and his comment was about his receding hairline, so he knows it. Would love to see him go the el' chappy.

Would have to be Blake out based on tonight. Sure Blues rucks aren't the best but Hawk looked a lot better, nice big bomb from 50+. Liked Stokesy telling him not to pass, maybe he can get in Moons' ear during the week and tell him not to miss.
Pods proved he is in the best 22 tonight no doubt, hopefully its no more than 2 and he can take his place if we go deep this year.

Agree. Was glad Stokes told him to.

Pods is definitely in the best 22, the only worry is whether the coach will bring him back for a prelim/GF after he's had all those weeks playing no footy. I hope so.

Love it. And to think he missed a few matches (and a few goals!). :D
Hey Pure_Ownage - where did you find this stat?

Yep 45 goals from 17 matches is a fantastic first year in the AFL. Here's to a few more like it. :thumbsu:

Saw the stat on one of our Cats TV things last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Podsiadly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back