Switch Pokemon Scarlet and Violet

Remove this Banner Ad

I would've been happy with Arceus covering my Pokemon fix for this year, but I guess the Pokemon series is so tightly marketed that this was due.

Looks like it's got Arceus style exploration and catching (hopefully!) with proper towns and battles, which is the way I was hoping a Gen 9 would go, so I'm pretty optimistic. But I'm a sucker for new Pokemon and will be all in regardless.

Fire Apple Crocodile starter for me

I would've been happy with Arceus covering my Pokemon fix for this year, but I guess the Pokemon series is so tightly marketed that this was due.

Looks like it's got Arceus style exploration and catching (hopefully!) with proper towns and battles, which is the way I was hoping a Gen 9 would go, so I'm pretty optimistic. But I'm a sucker for new Pokemon and will be all in regardless.

Fire Apple Crocodile starter for me

Yeah if they try to integrate the Arceus style then this could be quite good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interestingly, on the website and marketing, the Pokémon company specifically say it is an open world game.

Unlike Arceus, where everyone assumed it was, and a couple days later they had to clarify it was not. Very interested to see how this turns out, especially as I really liked legends arceus

Weird reference but Fuecoco immediately reminded me of Bub from those old Bust a Move games

512x512bb.jpg

Interestingly, on the website and marketing, the Pokémon company specifically say it is an open world game.

Unlike Arceus, where everyone assumed it was, and a couple days later they had to clarify it was not. Very interested to see how this turns out, especially as I really liked legends arceus

That is interesting. To be honest I'd be quite happy with Arceus style areas, maybe acting as a replacement for the old routes between cities, bit if it is fully open world that's pretty ambitious.

Do Game Freak consider the Wild Area of Sword and Shield "open world"?

Remove this Banner Ad

Switch Pokemon Scarlet and Violet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back