3DS Pokemon Sun/Moon [3DS]

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded out an Abra via Wonder Trade and received an Aloha Golem.

Actually felt really guilty and tried to trade back with the guy who traded it but he refused the trade request.
Some people like wonder trading decent Pokemon. I enjoy trading things that people don't expect, or Pokemon who you don't see often in Wondertrade. Last night I was wonder trading Littens and Rowlets. Getting mostly Yungoos in return.
I guess if everyone traded decent Pokemon the wonder trading system would be a whole lot better.

Some people like wonder trading decent Pokemon. I enjoy trading things that people don't expect, or Pokemon who you don't see often in Wondertrade. Last night I was wonder trading Littens and Rowlets. Getting mostly Yungoos in return.
I guess if everyone traded decent Pokemon the wonder trading system would be a whole lot better.
And if people were decent the GTS wouldn't be so full of crap requests.

Agree with this, was the reason why I spent time catching Abra's to send across instead of Yangoose or Rattata.

From memory there was a day (pretty sure Wednesdays) where big streamers/youtubers would send out loads of shinys, breeding rejects etc. I used to wait until that day to do any Wonder trading. Ended up getting some pretty decent stuff, likely a lot of hacked stuff but the good thing was then using it as trade fuel to land legitimate good Pokémon.

I used to send out 4IV HA rejects from whatever project I was working on at the time.

Going through these new Pokemon, based on stats and type combos, there would only be 1 or 2 that would make it into a team for me...Some of them are just stupid type/stat wise.

The 3 stage Dragon for this generation is...Useless. Fight/Dragon so Fairy just destroys it...Learns one fight move, Brick Break would be its most reliable move, and has 85 speed...Looks alright but just doesnt make it worth it compared to others like Garchomp.

They really did do some weird type/stat combos this generation.

The Fire/Poison Salazzle interests me as a fast/special poison and fire...Silvally is neat of course. The Fire/Dragon Turtle is just...why?! Ditto for the 36 speed Drampa abomination. Normal/Dragon is a curious combo but otherwise useless.

Just an overall underwhelming generation for anything not a legendary or Ultrabeast in my opinion...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going through these new Pokemon, based on stats and type combos, there would only be 1 or 2 that would make it into a team for me...Some of them are just stupid type/stat wise.

The 3 stage Dragon for this generation is...Useless. Fight/Dragon so Fairy just destroys it...Learns one fight move, Brick Break would be its most reliable move, and has 85 speed...Looks alright but just doesnt make it worth it compared to others like Garchomp.

The Fire/Poison Salazzle interests me as a fast/special poison and fire...Silvally is neat of course. The Fire/Dragon Turtle is just...why?! Ditto for the 36 speed Drampa abomination. Normal/Dragon is a curious combo but otherwise useless.

Just an overall underwhelming generation for anything not a legendary or Ultrabeast in my opinion...
I've only had a brief look but from what I've seen you're right: there aren't a lot of competitively viable gen VII Pokemon.

It's good in one way, though. They've backed themselves into a corner recently because things are just getting more and more powerful and forcing them to alter previous generations to keep them relevant. Taking things down a peg is a good first step to balancing the metagame. With that said though, there don't seem to be a lot of competitively viable Pokemon as a result, and that's an issue. It needs a full rebalance really...unfortunately Z moves seem like they're more inclined to break the meta than balance it.

I've only had a brief look but from what I've seen you're right: there aren't a lot of competitively viable gen VII Pokemon.

It's good in one way, though. They've backed themselves into a corner recently because things are just getting more and more powerful and forcing them to alter previous generations to keep them relevant. Taking things down a peg is a good first step to balancing the metagame. With that said though, there don't seem to be a lot of competitively viable Pokemon as a result, and that's an issue. It needs a full rebalance really...unfortunately Z moves seem like they're more inclined to break the meta than balance it.

I don't play competitively but I was reading some of the comments by people in the competitive scene and some existing things have been hit brutally hard. Changes to Mega Sable, Burn and Talonflame to name a few.

With the introduction of few Pokémon or moves that really don't leap out as genuine must haves it may lend some credence to the idea that the next game in this Gen will be for the Switch and will contain more pokemon, and a greater balance of the overall meta.
The logic makes sense, why go through all this balancing if current hardware is at absolute breaking point to play the current game and you are introducing a range of mechanics.

Better to introduce things you want to do now build your base for the generation, while you work on the next game that will come out pretty quickly on next gen hardware and also help you launch the new system and it will last a bit longer with a more involved meta.

it seemed to make sense to me, in saying that im loving the gameplay of this one. I don't get much time to play but once I got through the 1st island Its probably my favourite game so far in the series.

I honestly have felt that way about gen 5 and 6 too

Outside of Tanonflame and Sylveon i have found most of the pokemon to be meh compared to the first 4 generations

And the fire starer was just game freaks attempt to not make another fire/fighting type.

A lot of mons seem to lose speed when they evolve to, which is dumb...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

3DS Pokemon Sun/Moon [3DS]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back