Pokemon X and Y

Remove this Banner Ad

After 300 hours, pretty burnt out. Plus I bought football manager 2014 for my phone, that has pretty much substituted my pokemon time. And plus, I'm out of box space.

Just had (what I think) is a pretty ****ing awesome idea.

We should do a tournament, with a small group of dedicated players on here, like 6 or 8 from the last tournament and do a draft battle.

I.e we randomly get allocated picks and you go through and draft a team of six.. or eight.

I.e
FlowersByIrene #1 - Lucario
Igloo #2 - Dragonite
THE411 #3 - Charizard
etc etc

and then you do a season style tournament, with a final four afl prelim style and a final.

Just had (what I think) is a pretty ******* awesome idea.

We should do a tournament, with a small group of dedicated players on here, like 6 or 8 from the last tournament and do a draft battle.

I.e we randomly get allocated picks and you go through and draft a team of six.. or eight.

I.e
Igloo #2 - Dragonite
THE411 #3 - Charizard
etc etc

and then you do a season style tournament, with a final four afl prelim style and a final.
Definitely a pretty cool idea. Only problem is you'd need to have a decent amount of time between the 'draft' and the tournament start, as people wouldn't have all the Pokemon trained up.

Definitely a pretty cool idea. Only problem is you'd need to have a decent amount of time between the 'draft' and the tournament start, as people wouldn't have all the Pokemon trained up.

Maybe just have the numbers drawn and the person can pick any Pokemon they want provided it hasn't already been picked.

Also why aren't you people adding me hnng.

Maybe just have the numbers drawn and the person can pick any Pokemon they want provided it hasn't already been picked.

Also why aren't you people adding me hnng.
Added.
People just aren't playing much right now.

Yeah definitely, obviously you would probably try and pick pokemon you already had because youre more comfortable with them, but after the draft definitely have a week or two for everyone to fully train up their team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to do a competition with Pokemon that aren't really commonly used, and that excludes all the super powered ones. Might bring a bit more variation.
But that's probably because that's what I intend on doing, and may be destroyed if everyone brings their Tyranitar and Garchomp to the party :p

I'd like to do a competition with Pokemon that aren't really commonly used, and that excludes all the super powered ones. Might bring a bit more variation.
But that's probably because that's what I intend on doing, and may be destroyed if everyone brings their Tyranitar and Garchomp to the party :p
I was thinking about doing this, but it probably works best as a 'big' tournament. I think FlowersByIrene is just talking about a mini tournament for his drafting idea.

Their are obviously tiers you can choose, like UnderUsed or NeverUsed etc.

But the game is always the same, if its not a Tyranitar in OU it's Metagross in UU, if its not Gliscor in OU it's Golbat in UU, if it's not MegaLucario in OU its MegaMedicham

Its the same game, just different pokemon

Their are obviously tiers you can choose, like UnderUsed or NeverUsed etc.

But the game is always the same, if its not a Tyranitar in OU it's Metagross in UU, if its not Gliscor in OU it's Golbat in UU, if it's not MegaLucario in OU its MegaMedicham

Its the same game, just different pokemon
Yeah I know, i'm just talking about getting some variation. Would probably be too hard to do though.

Another idea I had for a "not so serious" tournament would be to have a random number generator pick your team. Would have to be after PokeBank is released though, obviously.

Looking back on the team I ran for the first tournament, I have no idea how I made it so far.

Lapras?
Offensive Gardevoir?
Volcarona, with no rapid spin/defog support?

How the hell did I manage to reach the semi's
Dragonite dancing and sweeping and Chansey toxic stalling was all that got me across the line
Watching your battles, your Chansey enraged me, and I didn't even have to battle it. I pitied the people that had to go against it.

So I'm going to start thinking about the next tournament since I've basically finished the ladder from the last one and can calculate draws accordingly. First thing we have to do though, is decide upon a tournament 'theme'. Igloo 's going to put a poll up with the options, so vote for the one you'd be most interested in participating in (if you're not interested in participating, obviously don't vote). The options are as follows:

1. FlowersByIrene 's 'Draft Tournament'
As FBI described it:
Just had (what I think) is a pretty ******* awesome idea.

I.e
Igloo #2 - Dragonite
THE411 #3 - Charizard
etc etc

The draft order will be randomly selected.

2. Random Number Generator

Basically, after we get enough participants, I'll run a random number generator for everybody. Six numbers will be picked for each person, and these will be compared to the Pokedex. You'll have to use the six Pokemon that correspond to these Pokedex numbers in the tournament.
NOTE: Ubers and Pokemon only available through PokeBank will not be included in this.

3. One-Letter Team
An idea got tossed around after the previous tournament where you can only use Pokemon that begin with the first letter of your name, or username. This sounded like an interesting idea in theory, however, people like Igloo would be stuck with one of the strongest teams ever, featuring Igglybuff, Ivysaur, Illumise, Inkay, Infernape, and…a second Igglybuff. In short, it wasn't exactly fair. So here's a slight compromise: each person selects a letter, and can only use Pokemon beginning with it. It's still not a flawless idea, but I'm putting the option in anyway.

4. NPC Teams
I came up with this idea while writing this post. Basically, you use a team based off of any non-playable character in any of the Pokemon games released to date. For example, you might select Fisherman Wade from FR/LG, and use a team composed of six Magikarp…or maybe you won't. Another example is Champion Lance from HG/SS - three Dragonites, an Aerodactyl, a Charizard and a Gyarados. You can choose any NPC from any game, but you MUST use the exact team - if they only have four Pokemon, you only use four Pokemon. You can have different hold items, different movesets, so on and so forth, but the Pokemon's species must match up perfectly.

5. Normal Tournament
No fancy rules, just like the last one - pick a team, battle others, find a winner. Simple.

I'll leave voting open until Wednesday the 12th of February.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pokemon X and Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Back