Pokemon X and Y

Remove this Banner Ad

The shiny ratio was confirmed at 4096 when instacheck came out.

THE411 hey man you've bred a tonne of pokemon right?
Are you happy to trade me some 4iv male spitbacks? I'd love some 5iv's if you are that generous, but i'm hapy to take some 4iv's if you are happy to depart with them?

If it's okay can i pm you a list of 5?

I just filled my pokedex so had to release a few spitbacks to make room for all the gts stuff but I have a few 4-5s still. Just let me know what you're after and I'll see what I have :thumbsu:

how did the starters become available from other regions? i thought pokemon bank was delayed?

Japan got it for like 2 days from Christmas Day before it got pulled so things have just been bred from there. Its not available in any eshops in the world at the moment but whoever managed to get it downloaded in those 2 days it was available can still use theirs, so there are still fresh ones coming.

ahhh i see, got alot of catching up to do then
I've got all up to 350 right now. As soon as you get 1 pokemon that is unobtainable in the game, it's easy enough to get the rest.

What's worrying is the amount of people willing to trade Steelix or Delcatty for a simple Elekid. Maybe cheating?

Okay, I have a question as a complete noob

1) Is RNG shiny considered legitimate?
2) Can we RNG shiny for Pokemon X Y yet?
3) Is this the same as checking the numbers or whatever was said before?
4) Are people willing to trade trophy shinies for 5IV pokemon with decent nature etc?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay, I have a question as a complete noob

1) Is RNG shiny considered legitimate?
2) Can we RNG shiny for Pokemon X Y yet?
3) Is this the same as checking the numbers or whatever was said before?
4) Are people willing to trade trophy shinies for 5IV pokemon with decent nature etc?
Dont know about the first 3

But for four.

At the beginning - yes a shiny will net you about any 5iv pokemon.
After a few weeks the shiny currency drops to
A decent shiny will get you a 5iv pokemon and it keeps dropping.

Last time I checked around on smogon

A basic shiny - a 5iv female (no egg moves) or two
A "cool shiny" - a 5iv female (egg moves) or maybe even 2 basic 5iv's
A "cool shiny" with a few useful 31 iv's (safari zone shiny) - a 5iv with a hidden nature or maybe a 6 iv or maybe some pokebank egg moves
A "cool" shiny with 3 or 4 31 iv's - just about any pokemon, probably multiple, 5iv, 6iv, hidden abilities, egg moves etc.
A shiny with 5iv's is about as perfect as you can get and will get you pretty much anything you want.

But with pokebanks shiny's have become less valuable. Even before bank some people had 5iv shinies in their "trophy case" I imagine their must be plenty around now

Dont know about the first 3

But for four.

At the beginning - yes a shiny will net you about any 5iv pokemon.
After a few weeks the shiny currency drops to
A decent shiny will get you a 5iv pokemon and it keeps dropping.

Last time I checked around on smogon

A basic shiny - a 5iv female (no egg moves) or two
A "cool shiny" - a 5iv female (egg moves) or maybe even 2 basic 5iv's
A "cool shiny" with a few useful 31 iv's (safari zone shiny) - a 5iv with a hidden nature or maybe a 6 iv or maybe some pokebank egg moves
A "cool" shiny with 3 or 4 31 iv's - just about any pokemon, probably multiple, 5iv, 6iv, hidden abilities, egg moves etc.
A shiny with 5iv's is about as perfect as you can get and will get you pretty much anything you want.

But with pokebanks shiny's have become less valuable. Even before bank some people had 5iv shinies in their "trophy case" I imagine their must be plenty around now

Okay, cheers.

And this is coming from someone who is willing to trade 5IV pokemon for trophy shinies (doesn't need anything more than 1 IV or no IV).

I'm definitely more of a pokemon collector than a pokemon battler.

Hatched a shiny Froakie yesterday after 1,573 eggs and the bloody thing has torrent and all perfect stats minus special attack. After all that time and effort all I can think about are it's imperfections.

Hatched a shiny Froakie yesterday after 1,573 eggs and the bloody thing has torrent and all perfect stats minus special attack. After all that time and effort all I can think about are it's imperfections.

ill take it :p

I'm afraid it's destined to live in my shinies box until gen vii. Was so close to being a competitive battling machine though.

How many shinies do you have?

I'm going to fire my white 2 game and set about catching the right natured heatran.
Heatran is the final piece to my teams puzzle that I need before I cans start battling properly on wifi.

Well I really could use an espeed dragonite with all the priority going around this gen but I'll have to make do with dclaw, equake and fire punch

Earthquake is better coverage wise, it can hit everything in the meta for neutral damage. Can't hit heatran with extreme speed fire punch and dragon claw for example but earthquake one shots it. But unfortunately with every pokemon basically having some priority, shadow sneak, aqua jet, brave bird, extreme speed, mach punch, bullet punch, vacuum wave... and a lot of them hit pretty hard. Adaptability life orb/band aqua jet from crawdaunt, adaptability mega lucario vaccum wave or bullet punch, banded talonflame brave bird... they all hit hard and can ruin a dragonite sweep.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pokemon X and Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Back