Poker Premiers League 2009 - Week 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Well it was either this site or nothing, it took a while for the hansa tournies to take shape last year, and I am sure it won't take long for these to get set, this is only the second tournament.

Dirty stacks support >>>>>>>>>> Hansas support

Also no crashes mid tourny, which is good.

From what I've been reading, DSP's support is either the same or worse than Hansa's.

Its good to hear there have been no crashes yet though.

As for me, I'll keep following the progress to see if the bugs get ironed out before I consider joining in again. It would be an easier decision to make if we could be assured that we won't constantly be jumping from site to site and going through the same bullshit all over again.

We'll have a mix of different types over the coming weeks, work out what people like and what is fun.

I'm not against trying out different things, however have changed my mind and think the rebuys are a good idea. When its a field of just 16 like last night, its certainly good to pump a bit more money into the prize pool.

A limit of maybe 1 rebuy is not a bad idea, but to be honest is probably not necessary. I cant remember anyone who had more than 1 re-buys last night, and in general I dont think anyone would bother to rebuy more than once in what will often be small playing fields

Contrary to claims that last night produced 'some of the worst poker ever', the play was standard, and no one just kept shoving all-in simply cause they could rebuy (Even if they did, great - more prize money, and an easy double up)

From what I've been reading, DSP's support is either the same or worse than Hansa's.

Its good to hear there have been no crashes yet though.

As for me, I'll keep following the progress to see if the bugs get ironed out before I consider joining in again. It would be an easier decision to make if we could be assured that we won't constantly be jumping from site to site and going through the same bullshit all over again.
Ordinary excuse not to be playing. I dont think winning money is what this is set out to achieve. Seems chief and Trav have quite a job setting this up so we can get together for a fun weekly game of poker.

I'm not against trying out different things, however have changed my mind and think the rebuys are a good idea. When its a field of just 16 like last night, its certainly good to pump a bit more money into the prize pool.

A limit of maybe 1 rebuy is not a bad idea, but to be honest is probably not necessary. I cant remember anyone who had more than 1 re-buys last night, and in general I dont think anyone would bother to rebuy more than once in what will often be small playing fields

Contrary to claims that last night produced 'some of the worst poker ever', the play was standard, and no one just kept shoving all-in simply cause they could rebuy (Even if they did, great - more prize money, and an easy double up)
I was under the impression you could only rebuy once.
My thoughts are that too many people might be getting carried away with the money to be standard of play in this comp.
Great way to get together with big footy posters for a game of poker with the added fun of football compitition.
Didnt like the slowness of last nights game and after the hour it started to get a bit boring because of the lack of numbers.
As for Hansa v Dirty Stack my experiance is dirty stack sux heaps more.
Can someone tell me why Dirty Stack needs a copy of my credit card before they will aprove a deposite?

Lol, you didnt take a bad beat by any chance?

I agree that I dont think these things should be re-buys, but it didnt seem to be a problem on our table. The only questionable all-in was against me, and the guy didnt rebuy so that wasnt the cause.
Was that me?
Had A8 and hit the 8.
Was the only player at the table who hadnt had a rebuy and was struggling for chips.
Needed a double up and took a punt.

As for Hansa v Dirty Stack my experiance is dirty stack sux heaps more.

Did you not say that DS put you up for last nights game? Giving you the buy in, considering you have yet to deposit onto the site yet? is a pretty good thing to do if this is indeed correct.

I like playing against all the regulars, and can understand frustration at times - but at the end of the day I am pretty suprised at how many constant complaints there are with a competiton that gives away free money every second week, yet when it comes to putting our own money into it, most seem to go missing.

Was that me?
Had A8 and hit the 8.
Was the only player at the table who hadnt had a rebuy and was struggling for chips.
Needed a double up and took a punt.

No it wasn't you - you had committed a bit of your stack already, it was after the first break and you needed a double-up...understandable.

(The hand I was talking about I re-raised a raise and he called. Flop came AQx - he made a mild bet, I moved all-in and he called holding QK to my AK. Thought it was obvious I held the Ace, and a hand he could have got away from)

Did you not say that DS put you up for last nights game? Giving you the buy in, considering you have yet to deposit onto the site yet? is a pretty good thing to do if this is indeed correct.

I like playing against all the regulars, and can understand frustration at times - but at the end of the day I am pretty suprised at how many constant complaints there are with a competiton that gives away free money every second week, yet when it comes to putting our own money into it, most seem to go missing.
Yes they did put me up for last nights game. After being on online support for over an hour and many emails being sent. Last email I sent was 15min before last night started explaining how dissapointed I was with the service in setting up and depositing into my account. I asked for them to put me up for the tournament and they came through with the credit with 2 minutes to spare. During the tournament last night they poped up saying they needed a copy of my credit card to be sent through before they would process a deposite.
Still stand by Hansa being better than Dirty Stack for service and playing.
Ditto on your last parragraph.

Ordinary excuse not to be playing. I dont think winning money is what this is set out to achieve. Seems chief and Trav have quite a job setting this up so we can get together for a fun weekly game of poker.

I made no mention of money.

We had a fun weekly game set up and operating just fine after the initial teething problems, now we're going through the same thing all over again.

When it is all sorted out, I might consider that starting yet another account with yet another poker site and installing more software is worth the effort.

Perhaps Chief or Trav could guarantee we won't be moving yet again.

No it wasn't you - you had committed a bit of your stack already, it was after the first break and you needed a double-up...understandable.

(The hand I was talking about I re-raised a raise and he called. Flop came AQx - he made a mild bet, I moved all-in and he called holding QK to my AK. Thought it was obvious I held the Ace, and a hand he could have got away from)

I think that was me, Surfn. You Hank?. Stack going down, not hitting anything and went for it, half hoping to double up, half hoping to be dominated, it just dried up for me and lost patience as i tend to do unfortunatley.

I think that was me, Surfn. You Hank?. Stack going down, not hitting anything and went for it, half hoping to double up, half hoping to be dominated, it just dried up for me and lost patience as i tend to do unfortunatley.

Don't think it was me - I wasn't hank anyway. Glad I didnt start on Hanks table though - he hit anything and everything it seemed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Poker Premiers League 2009 - Week 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back