Opinion Politics (warning, may contain political views you disagree with)

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed, wasn’t his best showing.

Where was the fact checking? I expect politicians to lie a little but talking about things so far removed from reality like “post-birth abortions” really needs to be picked up on.
Totally. There was 0 moderation. Both of them at their worst. Biden though was terrible. Worse than I expected. Trump was exactly as I expected. Democrats have a huge problem.

Agreed, wasn’t his best showing.

Where was the fact checking? I expect politicians to lie a little but talking about things so far removed from reality like “post-birth abortions” really needs to be picked up on.

How would that be picked up on?

What is the definition of 'post birth abortion'?

How would that be picked up on?

What is the definition of 'post birth abortion'?
It would require the moderators actually doing their homework and understanding the respective parties official platforms.

An abortion after the baby is born. It doesn’t even make sense typing it out, mind boggling that it was said in a presidential debate. It’s not worth the semantic arguments. It’s nonsense on stilts.

I’d be saying the same if Biden were to spout something clearly impossible like “I’ve saved the economy 100 quadrillion dollars” or something else that’s clearly bullshit.

It would require the moderators actually doing their homework and understanding the respective parties official platforms.

An abortion after the baby is born. It doesn’t even make sense typing it out, mind boggling that it was said in a presidential debate. It’s not worth the semantic arguments. It’s nonsense on stilts.

I’d be saying the same if Biden were to spout something clearly impossible like “I’ve saved the economy 100 quadrillion dollars” or something else that’s clearly bullshit.
Does seem to be allowed in some states.

While not a medial term, “partial-birth abortions" can occur in some late term terminations that result in the baby being born alive.

That seems a far more accurate term.

Interesting rabbit hole to go down, thanks for that.

Yes, the preferred term is partial birth abortion. And it is ridiculous typing it and it is allowed in some states. So the fact checking would be purely semantics.

Biden made a lot of those types of howlers tonight including saying there as an issue with people being raped by their sisters, mixing up millions, billions and trillions and more. I think I heard him say that under Trump inflation was flat? Although I got busy during that part so admit I could have misheard. And in any case I think that would be a mistake in favour of Trump... Maybe?

Surely Biden can't last to the election.

And it is ridiculous typing it and it is allowed in some states. So the fact checking would be purely semantics.
It's in the case that something catastrophic happens post birth, like the baby is born with its heart outside of its body or some other equally unsurvivable incident. Trump sells it as though people are having babies and then allowing doctors to just kill them. It's all about context.
Surely Biden can't last to the election
You'd hope not. But it seems to the Democrats Achilles heel. They seem determined to put someone forward no matter what. 2016 all over again.

It's in the case that something catastrophic happens post birth, like the baby is born with its heart outside of its body or some other equally unsurvivable incident. Trump sells it as though people are having babies and then allowing doctors to just kill them. It's all about context.

You'd hope not. But it seems to the Democrats Achilles heel. They seem determined to put someone forward no matter what. 2016 all over again.
"Partial birth abortion".

So not congenital and with a heart outside the body every means would be used to save the baby.

What some states are saying if a baby is born living after being removed, and this could be up to term, no efforts should be made to assist or help the baby to live.

That's what Trump is saying.

However, I think they just sacrificed Joey and they'll get him to stand aside for ...

Newsome. Going from the frypan to fire, but he'll have a chance if Trump is in prison.

Yes, the preferred term is partial birth abortion. And it is ridiculous typing it and it is allowed in some states. So the fact checking would be purely semantics.

Biden made a lot of those types of howlers tonight including saying there as an issue with people being raped by their sisters, mixing up millions, billions and trillions and more. I think I heard him say that under Trump inflation was flat? Although I got busy during that part so admit I could have misheard. And in any case I think that would be a mistake in favour of Trump... Maybe?

Surely Biden can't last to the election.
Both should have been fact checked.

Deterioration happens fast. Biden is just a mirror of how Trump will be in three years. It’s a sad state of affairs in the US that they are the options.

Deterioration happens fast. Biden is just a mirror of how Trump will be in three years. It’s a sad state of affairs in the US that they are the options.

Biden was bad prior tothe 2020 election. Democrats were saying it and then the left just decided to make pretend it wasn't the case.

Trump and Biden are both too old. Assuming Trump will be where Biden is in three years is silly. We don't know and you can't know. He certainly isn't at the place Biden was prior to 2020.

Biden also made the claim today that the Border Patrol endorsed him. Which they then corrected on X.

Biden was bad prior tothe 2020 election. Democrats were saying it and then the left just decided to make pretend it wasn't the case.

Trump and Biden are both too old. Assuming Trump will be where Biden is in three years is silly. We don't know and you can't know. He certainly isn't at the place Biden was prior to 2020.

Biden also made the claim today that the Border Patrol endorsed him. Which they then corrected on X.
Trumps had his moments too. Let’s not pretend he’s shown no alarming signs.

You are mixing up the procedure. I was about to write more but see the post from BlueE

Horrifying stuff.. we wouldn't do that to animals. In fact vets give animals pain killers in utero which we don't do for babies. Let that sink in...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trumps had his moments too. Let’s not pretend he’s shown no alarming signs.

This is one of those things people say and then cannot back up. I present over an hour of conversation last week.

The issue of the decline is a grave mark against Democrats. Not just because he should be in care, but the larger issue of who is running the country? It is not currently an elected official.

List to Trump through the hour of conversation, and honestly tell me he is anything like where Biden is at. My wife worked at the Mental Health hospital in Freo for a long time, she knows almost nothing about politics. Couldn't tell you who a premier, Prime minister (apart from Rudd) or a President was or know them to look at them. She saw Biden walking on screen and immediately asked who was the man that was unwell on screen. She thought it was nice his family had brought him to support someone.

You are mixing up the procedure. I was about to write more but see the post from BlueE

Horrifying stuff.. we wouldn't do that to animals. In fact vets give animals pain killers in utero which we don't do for babies. Let that sink in...
Would be odd to give painkillers to something that can’t feel pain. Fetuses can’t feel pain until 24-25 weeks.

This is one of those things people say and then cannot back up. I present over an hour of conversation last week.

The issue of the decline is a grave mark against Democrats. Not just because he should be in care, but the larger issue of who is running the country? It is not currently an elected official.

List to Trump through the hour of conversation, and honestly tell me he is anything like where Biden is at. My wife worked at the Mental Health hospital in Freo for a long time, she knows almost nothing about politics. Couldn't tell you who a premier, Prime minister (apart from Rudd) or a President was or know them to look at them. She saw Biden walking on screen and immediately asked who was the man that was unwell on screen. She thought it was nice his family had brought him to support someone.

Don’t have an hour now, going to get my drink on, will look tomorrow

Biden was already deteriorating 4 years ago and has an atrocious record with inflation, millions of illegals through the borders, getting involved in two wars that could easily been stopped by the US but all they've done is escalate for starters, so US citizens can compare the two terms.

However it's this comment in an interesting 2017 interview of Assange by a democrat big wig (Don't know his name), at the end, which is why I think Trump needs to win and why they are desperately resorting to anything to make sure he doesn't.

Worth watching all.

"The conflict between Trump and the intelligence and the Deep state is a spat not a struggle Trump has insulted them. He has disrespected them so they're unhappy with that, more importantly Trump wants them to change their tactics to become more crude and even more violent. (LOL)

Once they work together on a couple of new Wars they'll get along just fine."

Would be odd to give painkillers to something that can’t feel pain. Fetuses can’t feel pain until 24-25 weeks.

It isn't given after that time either and is for animals.

Also, so much certainty given there is uncertainty.

That time period is in play in those states indicated.

However I'm not sure how it's established that fetuses can't feel pain? They react to ultrasound waves at 12 weeks.

It hasn't been established with certainty. it is however certainly convenient for people to believe that to be true.

Biden is just what many warned about a few years ago. His election was just a legacy of Trump's first stint.

I remember a prominent poster on here being told that he had quite a lot of white privilege on a certain other board for dare saying he would've donkey voted in the 2020 election had he been a US citizen.

Having just got back from the country and meeting a lot of very good honest folk along the way, there is only one solution, which I heard from them on a few occasions (independently from each other):

Nuke it all to the ground.

Having just got back from the country and meeting a lot of very good honest folk along the way, there is only one solution, which I heard from them on a few occasions (independently from each other):

Nuke it all to the ground.
Their government? Yeah it’s all built on hundred year old documents and trusting everyone will do the right thing. Needs a refresh.

I try to read what everyone is saying on both sides and it’s kind of almost refreshing that there seems to be civil conversation about what the debate means going forward.

I remember a prominent poster on here being told that he had quite a lot of white privilege on a certain other board for dare saying he would've donkey voted in the 2020 election had he been a US citizen.

Does the concept of a donkey vote have any relevance in a first past the post USA Federal election? You can just not vote, it's not compulsory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back