Opinion Politics (warning, may contain political views you disagree with)

Remove this Banner Ad

Their government? Yeah it’s all built on hundred year old documents and trusting everyone will do the right thing. Needs a refresh.

I try to read what everyone is saying on both sides and it’s kind of almost refreshing that there seems to be civil conversation about what the debate means going forward.
I think you may have touched upon something there.
I was thinking about it with regard to many different debates going on at the moment, in this forum and elsewhere... do we all believe Australia is the Australia it has been in the past?

The "right thing" varies according to subjective opinion.

Culture is important, particularly within the context of evolution. There is much ado about Australian culture, with reference to what it is, what it was, what it may be becoming. The impact of multiculturalism, globalism. I'm a tad concerned that there is no idea of "Australia" any more, that something (what?) has been lost in the multitude of opinion and the ideal of egalitarianism. We no longer know what it is, we're confused, lost.... therefore we adhere to direction. The rule of law.
Whose law? Which law?

Australia is a bunch of diverse people defined only by a border. A line on a map.
We now have... rules, regulations, directives by which we live... but seek to circumvent. Corporations, Government, dictate our inclinations, because those natural inclinations - our culture, our ideals, our ethical inclinations - have been eroded.
The foundations are largely gone. Replaced by egalitarian constructs.

If I were to ask you what being Australian is, what would your answer be? Would it differ from an ostensibly honest answer given by someone else, of a different background to yours? Is that Australian the same as this Australian?
Egalitarianism has no boundaries. No constraints. It disallows judgment.

Therefore, we longer intuitively know what being Australian actually is. We're told what it is. We adhere to it, we vote according to that directive.

We are becoming the architects of our own demise, via the ideal of tolerance and egalitarianism.
The ideal of pride of accomplishment has been replaced by the pride of being.

To what end?
Perhaps more importantly, to whose end?

We must judge. We must.
But that cannot be done within the confines of an egalitarian ideal.

I was thinking about it with regard to many different debates going on at the moment, in this forum and elsewhere... do we all believe Australia is the Australia it has been in the past?

Culture is important, particularly within the context of evolution. There is much ado about Australian culture, with reference to what it is, what it was, what it may be becoming. The impact of multiculturalism, globalism. I'm a tad concerned that there is no idea of "Australia" any more, that something (what?) has been lost in the multitude of opinion and the ideal of egalitarianism. We no longer know what it is, we're confused, lost.... therefore we adhere to direction. The rule of law.
Whose law? Which law?

Australia is a bunch of diverse people defined only by a border. A line on a map.
We now have... rules, regulations, directives by which we live... but seek to circumvent. Corporations, Government, dictate our inclinations, because those natural inclinations - our culture, our ideals, our ethical inclinations - have been eroded.

If I were to ask you what being Australian is, what would your answer be? Would it differ from an ostensibly honest answer given by someone else, of a different background to yours? Is that Australian the same as this Australian?

Therefore, we longer intuitively know what being Australian actually is. We're told what it is. We adhere to it, we vote according to that directive.

We are becoming the architects of our own demise, via the ideal of tolerance and egalitarianism.

To what end?

We must judge. We must.
I worry that there is a low level of passion for Australia and being Australian, due in no small part to the indoctrination of the black-armband view of our history, and that in the event of having to defend ourselves there could be a general reluctance by younger people to do so.

I worry that there is a low level of passion for Australia and being Australian, due in no small part to the indoctrination of the black-armband view of our history, and that in the event of having to defend ourselves there could be a general reluctance by younger people to do so.
It will be the same as it ever was. If we ever need a mass civilian boost to the armed forces, the social tribe most likely to sign up to put their lives on the line to defend their country will be poorly educated young men. Basically the very group that are must despised by the sneering class, the 'yobbos', the ,bogans', the 'rednecks', the 'toxic males' will be doing the heavy lifting to defend those that despise them. A new use for the term useful idiots.

Whose law? Which law?

To what end?

We must judge. We must.
I assume all societies create stories about themselves, to help with social cohesion. I think you make an interesting point that the more these stories have to be enforced by governments and courts and police to make people speak and act and eventually think a certain way that is against their instincts, the more mythical and disconnected from reality the stories actually are.
We're over-governed and over-regulated, so part of our story is mythical, but we're still not even close to the worst end of the thought crime spectrum. Not yet, anyway.

Last edited:
It will be the same as it ever was. If we ever need a mass civilian boost to the armed forces, the social tribe most likely to sign up to put their lives on the line to defend their country will be poorly educated young men. Basically the very group that are must despised by the sneering class, the 'yobbos', the ,bogans', the 'rednecks', the 'toxic males' will be doing the heavy lifting to defend those that despise them. A new use for the term useful idiots.
Yeah bullshit. Have you ever actually had contact with any military soldiers in the real world? Im guessing not. Actually so many solders sign on to get ahead in educational qualifications and get paid to achieve qualifications. Our military personal are anything but useful idiots with most having superior qualifications to your average person.

Yeah bullshit. Have you ever actually had contact with any military soldiers in the real world? Im guessing not. Actually so many solders sign on to get ahead in educational qualifications and get paid to achieve qualifications. Our military personal are anything but useful idiots with most having superior qualifications to your average person.
You've completely misread my post, but carry on.

If it were a television show featuring a generation or two of people programed to be disenfranchised with their own nation, despite it being objectively peak humanity, making it vulnerable to outside threats the audience would rightly assume the outside threat was the one pushing the disenfranchisement narrative.

Their government? Yeah it’s all built on hundred year old documents and trusting everyone will do the right thing. Needs a refresh.

I try to read what everyone is saying on both sides and it’s kind of almost refreshing that there seems to be civil conversation about what the debate means going forward.
People I talked to specifically said just burn the whole country to the ground.

What a surprise that the dimmest, most out of his depth poster I have ever encountered on big footy doesn't get it either.
Everyone understands the point you're making and I'm saying what a dumbass stereotype you're stating is the view of many on the political side you don't agree with. Its not difficult to comprehend. You're wrong that those attracted to the military are considered dense by most people or even a minority of people. I'd lay off insulting others if I were you. Critical thinking clearly isn't your thing. I'll also vouch for the intelligence of the poster you're abusing. Do better.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is interesting that here and in the US recruitment numbers have steadily dropped.
More and more people realising their country doesn't give a shit about them and thinking why should I die for it.

I used to be pretty patriotic as a teenager (not to the legnth of signing up for the armed forces or anything) but that's all gone now.

There's nothing special about being Australian, we just got lucky being born here is all.

There's nothing special about being Australian, we just got lucky being born here is all.
Why is it lucky to be born here if it’s not special?
If a foreign country wanted to invade, what would you do? Just hand it over? We can’t imagine such a thing, can we.

Why is it lucky to be born here if it’s not special?
If a foreign country wanted to invade, what would you do? Just hand it over? We can’t imagine such a thing, can we.

Will you be tue first in the trenches for Australia or are you just puffing your chest out online?

More and more people realising their country doesn't give a shit about them and thinking why should I die for it.

I used to be pretty patriotic as a teenager (not to the legnth of signing up for the armed forces or anything) but that's all gone now.

In the states they are losing legacy applicants and numbers have dropped significantly through the previous high recruitment zones. Which were a majority white, middle and upper lower class areas. I don't think you can tell that group of people how horrible they are for decades and then expect them to feel patriotic. DEI issues are a big problem there and here as well.

The police in WA and Vic are reaping the bitter rewards of DEI. It has been happening for the last 3 years and is getting worse.

In the states they are losing legacy applicants and numbers have dropped significantly through the previous high recruitment zones. Which were a majority white, middle and upper lower class areas. I don't think you can tell that group of people how horrible they are for decades and then expect them to feel patriotic. DEI issues are a big problem there and here as well.

The police in WA and Vic are reaping the bitter rewards of DEI. It has been happening for the last 3 years and is getting worse.
Most industries are or will soon be suffering from DEI, it's already happening in mining.

Truely frightening stuff, just think how many people are working on building and maintaining airplanes at the moment who shouldn't be.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back