Opinion Politics (warning, may contain political views you disagree with)

Remove this Banner Ad

The SBS article is fascinating. Learned something new. I didn't know that the ALP had members sign a contract saying they wouldn't cross the floor.. Very much a get in lockstep and get things done attitude. I am not sure that allows for strong representation for their electorate, but more would be achieved on the whole.

Quite gross if you consider the sort of stunt placements they have deployed across their time. It doesn't matter about number of women or minorities, that is just what they use to get elected, their input is washed out to a caucus position they have to support.

Quite gross if you consider the sort of stunt placements they have deployed across their time. It doesn't matter about number of women or minorities, that is just what they use to get elected, their input is washed out to a caucus position they have to support.
Yeah I agree. So basically it turns out the side of politics that sad they championed minorities in fact has a sytem in place to block the views of anyone who has a different view to their party norms. Kinda racist considering the dominant view is a white caucasian view.

Yeah I agree. So basically it turns out the side of politics that sad they championed minorities in fact has a sytem in place to block the views of anyone who has a different view to their party norms. Kinda racist considering the dominant view is a white caucasian view.

Progressives do like putting minorities out the front for a photo op and then at the back for ideas, but watch what happens if those minorities get any thoughts of speaking for themselves outside of the party line.

Oh boy, they'll get savage.

Right out of the Trump political manual, some comments here.
Claiming victory regardless of results.

When words like "proven" and "fact" come to mean... well, pretty much whatever they claim they mean.
70% of Muslims in Gaza support Hamas and would vote them in tomorrow if there was an election, it was nice that only 7% thought Oct 7 was wrong Ive seen Muslims in the media call Hamas resistance fighters lol sure not all Muslims support Hamas but plenty do.

Like I said I was quoting your views on al jazeera and you've said them more than once. Again. You've proven my point. So you think polling is accurate in a place where any view that goes against Hamas can result in punishment from Hamas do you? Do you think those opposing Hamas would have access to wifi and to speak freely do you? In fact over 240,000 Palestinians live in Israel for a reason as they've escaped religious extremism. Its the same reason why Egypt blocked their borders.

AGAIN. Your direct views prove my point and Ive quoted them but you keep asking me to prove my point. In your post you directly imply that polling is accurate in a place where people have been killed for expressing views against Hamas.
Now you seem to have an issue understanding the meaning of the word 'quote'. You have referenced what you believe to be my views without quoting them. Even then, it is the longest of long bows to draw to insinuate that not rating a news source makes you a hater of muslims.

You also seem to lack reading and comprehension skills. I asked the question if there was a reason to not trust the polling provided. You have provided another which is good. I didn't provide my opinion. Is that understandable? Can you see the huge gaping difference the size of the grand canyon there?

It's a little bit funny how his direct quotes prove my point yet he asks for direct quotes.

Again you seem to not understand how to quote someone. I don't want to become patronising and give a demonstration but your interpretation of something is not a quote. Just a others reading between the lines does not make something a fact. Do you understand that?

I didn't know it was a thing. My first reaction is that it is gross and in some ways counter to how our system is meant to work. I would be interested in people on the Labour side's thoughts. Hopefully this can be seen as a question and nothing else. As mentioned I didn't know they voted as a block according to contract until reading that article.

Now you seem to have an issue understanding the meaning of the word 'quote'. You have referenced what you believe to be my views without quoting them. Even then, it is the longest of long bows to draw to insinuate that not rating a news source makes you a hater of muslims.

You also seem to lack reading and comprehension skills. I asked the question if there was a reason to not trust the polling provided. You have provided another which is good. I didn't provide my opinion. Is that understandable? Can you see the huge gaping difference the size of the grand canyon there?
Ah no I dont have the slightest issue with comprehension skills champ. All you do is absurd put downs while claiming victimhood when someone has a negative view of somw of your views. I love how you keep saying someone isn't comprehending what you are saying while referencing views you now agree you've made. Yes your opinions on a network dispaly how you think all muslim views are extremist whilst youre referencing a network that has been banned for going against religious extremism in multiple countries.

Again. Ive said the whole time Im also quoting views from my lived experience not just online. Its the exact same thing you've done while referencing your real world experiences. Mine happen to be working with refugees including both muslims and Christians. Again and again you prove the points I'm making directly with your responses. Its staggering you've had a go at KH when you constantly state abusive views. How about less abuse of those who simply respond to your opinions if you want civil debate.

Last edited:
I didn't know it was a thing. My first reaction is that it is gross and in some ways counter to how our system is meant to work. I would be interested in people on the Labour side's thoughts. Hopefully this can be seen as a question and nothing else. As mentioned I didn't know they voted as a block according to contract until reading that article.
With regard to Payman herself, I also think that the treatment of her has been way out of line for a political party. She had every right to cross the floor, regardless of whether or not I personally agree with her stance on the issue. She's not the first, she probably won't be the last, and comment on the racism aspect is invalidated given the history of all who do so.
Those articles were something of an eye-opener for me as well. But they do make it clear that the issue with Payman had little to do with religion or race, but more to do with her conduct in general and going outside the party line.

The fallout, though, is where I have developed some issues with Payman where they weren't really present before. Her claims of intimidation and racism are fairly obviously a stunt designed to engender support (which is not to say they might not have some grounds in truth). She's no less a politician than those who have suspended her to begin with, and is currently milking events for all they're worth.

As has been noted, Labor's treatment of those who do not toe the party line has been fairly consistent for a long time. Their suspension of her was not about her views, per se, but rather about her conduct and grandstanding. If she'd done her research and realised that her treatment has been no different to that of anyone else in the Labor party (media coverage notwithstanding), and called attention to that issue rather than appealing to the lefty emotive vote, I'd have had far more sympathy.

I'm not surprised the usual suspects have started trotting out the "white Caucasian view" line. It's exactly what is being pitched, for the consumption of fools.

70% of Muslims in Gaza support Hamas and would vote them in tomorrow if there was an election, it was nice that only 7% thought Oct 7 was wrong Ive seen Muslims in the media call Hamas resistance fighters lol sure not all Muslims support Hamas but plenty do.
Utter deadset rubbish muslims support muslim evremism in large numbers. Do you reaiise what happens in Gazza to anyone saying anything against Hamas? Eg What happened to the Palestine Authority there? Plus over 250,000 Palestinans live in Israel as they fled Palastine due to religious extremism.

Payman being a diversity pick is providing diversity in unexpected ways. What a surprise.

On another note, I found this article interesting. It's American but encompasses the Western world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Utter deadset rubbish muslims support muslim evremism in large numbers. Do you reaiise what happens in Gazza to anyone saying anything against Hamas? Eg What happened to the Palestine Authority there? Plus over 250,000 Palestinans live in Israel as they fled Palastine due to religious extremism.
Has any Muslim communities denounced Oct7 i can’t find any maybe i’m not looking hard enough, and haven’t seen one Palestinian protest denouncing Hamas they must be worried Hamas are going fire a rocket up their arse in Australia.

Last edited:
Payman being a diversity pick is providing diversity in unexpected ways. What a surprise.

On another note, I found this article interesting. It's American but encompasses the Western world.

Both left and right wing political parties throughout the world are rubbish. It's hardly a wake up call.

Has any Muslim communities denounced Oct7 i can’t find any maybe i’m not looking hard enough, and haven’t seen one Palestinian protest denouncing Hamas they must be worried Hamas are going fire a rocket up their arse in Australia.
So do you realise that potential migrants from Palestine with links to Hamas have not been granted refugee status in oz. Pauline Hanso has evens poke about this.

So do you realise that potential migrants from Palestine with links to Hamas have not been granted refugee status in oz. Pauline Hanso has evens poke about this.
And? I’m just replying to your post saying there are reprisals from Hamas for Palestinians that don’t toe the line, what’s stopping the rest of the Muslim community denouncing Hamas and what happened on oct7 in other countries? they’d rather protest against Israel than the real elephant in the room.

Nail on head !

"For when you look again, you notice a single and, in my view, unavoidable cause: an inability to make short-term sacrifices to secure a brighter future; to defer instant gratification for long-term success. We have become a civilisation that’s all about “now, now, now” and “me, me, me” – the antithesis of what the West once represented."

And? I’m just replying to your post saying there are reprisals from Hamas for Palestinians that don’t toe the line, what’s stopping the rest of the Muslim community denouncing Hamas and what happened on oct7 in other countries? they’d rather protest against Israel than the real elephant in the room.

So the illegal occupation through illegal settlements by Isreal and constant military checkpoints with Palestinian lands feeling more like open air prisons over decades of suppression is not an issue?

You do realise without such an oppressive regime then Hamas would have zero relevance in Palestine. This has been going on well before Hamas was formed.

You are a special kind of ......

I wonder how Isreal would reply to constant harassment from a dominant Palestine if the shoe was on the other foot.

You like a few others on here struggle to comprehend history and become fixated on one event that came from decades of oppression.

I would have drawn attention to this far sooner.
If the argument is to separate Muslim extremism from mainstream Islam, then I don't really see how a lack of respect for a media outlet is proof of anything. I'm not even sure what he was saying - that Al-Jhazeera is Islam, or something?

Just thought I'd mention it because I actually read Al-Jhazeera on occasion. I read a news collection site (Ground News) which notes bias on articles, and I do a fair bit of reading international sites as a result, particularly where things identified as a "blind spot" are identified.

The bias is obvious, but they do make valid points on occasion in spite of that. Same as Sky and the like, a bias doesn't necessarily mean a site is giving non-factual information. Notably left- or right- wing news outlets will often report on something their opposites avoid or gloss over, and sites like Al-Jhazeera will often report on things that Australian sites miss altogether or don't deem worthy of reporting at all.
It's a reasonable way to sift through things. Bias shows more often than not in the analysis and language used, not in the facts or events themselves.

So the illegal occupation through illegal settlements by Isreal and constant military checkpoints with Palestinian lands feeling more like open air prisons over decades of suppression is not an issue?

You do realise without such an oppressive regime then Hamas would have zero relevance in Palestine. This has been going on well before Hamas was formed.

I wonder how Isreal would reply to constant harassment from a dominant Palestine if the shoe was on the other foot.

You like a few others on here struggle to comprehend history and become fixated on one event that came from decades of oppression.
[/QUOTE/

What are you rambling on about this has nothing to do with why most muslims don’t condemn a terrorist organisation, or have you spotted something different at the Palestinian protests other than it’s all Israels fault.

Demons09 it's called a lesson in history as you obviously need some perspective. You are so fixated on Isreal being the victims without perspective of what's really going on.

You lack knowledge in this area of politics just like you had strong opinions on our boarder force without any knowledge at all.

The only person rambling is you and a few other side kicks on here.

Demons09 it's called a lesson in history as you obviously need some perspective. You are so fixated on Isreal being the victims without perspective of what's really going on.

You lack knowledge in this area of politics just like you had strong opinions on our boarder force without any knowledge at all.

The only person rambling is you and a few other side kicks on here.
Still rambling on eh if you can’t answer the question don’t quote me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back