Poll Hodge versus Didak

Remove this Banner Ad

Hodge is slightly better than Didak right now.
Hodge will at least become a good servicable player and at most an elite midfielder (top 5 in the league).
Didak will at least become hot and cold goalsneak and at most a magnificent elite midfielder not unlike Akermanis.
For those of you saying Didak doesn't chase, tackle or have any 2nd or 3rd efforts, you people need to open your eyes up just a little bit. The work rate of Didak, Tarrant (one of the hardest working forwards in the comp) and Rocca in the forward line is one of the major reasons behind the success of the Collingwood forward line. If you don't believe me look at just one example in the game vs. St. Kilda, the ball spills to a St. Kilda player and Didak tackles, the ball is dished off quickly to another St. Kilda player who then dishes off to a team mate under pressure who is immediatly tackled by Didak, the ball falls to the ground and Rhyce Shaw kicks a goal.
One of Didak's best games he played was in the midfield vs. Sydney round 21 this year. He gathered 22 or so disposals delivering precise balls inside 50. His ability to create space is great, one of his trade marks is passing 45 metres to a team mate only to get it back in space after running hard (his first goal in the QF was one of these). He also picks the ball up cleanly and has good accelleration (his speed and accelaration is underated IMO).
Didak should not be labled as only another small flashy forward, we could just as easily label Hodge as a solid small defender.
Although I am biased I would take Didak as I think he has more room for improvement, however he could just as well end up as a hot and cold goal sneak, where as Hodge is a less riskier player, i.e. he will at worst be a solid contributor.

I think you people are overlooking Didak due to the mass hype surrounding his 2 goals in the QF and all the pre-season hype and due to his flashy nature he is one of those players who is often overlooked and thought of being "overrated".

Originally posted by FIGJAM
Leon Davis is overrated by our Club and our supporter base.

Correct. He's not Robinson Crusoe though.

Didak though is underrated and underplayed by Malthouse. I'd love to find out the percentage of game time he plays. At a guess, I reckon it'd be around 60%.

And I'd love to see the percentage of goals he kicks that are in "junk time", or are after others upfield have done the tough work, and he gets a cheap goal. I reckon that'd be about 60% too.........

Originally posted by Joel
Come back to me when Hodge has played in a final, and performed. Didak for mine. Kicked 3 goals in the GF, and multiple goals in the other finals. Hodge hasn't done ****.

Hahahahahahaha
Didak like all Collingwood players in thest years GF was and will always be soft, 3 soft late goals, c'mon get serious.
(Mark, Nick etc I know, "when did the Tgers last play in a GF etc etc)
Just thought I'd beat you to the punch

hahaha classic thread.

Lets see...

Hodge is two years younger, 13/1 for the Brownlow and one of the most natural leaders to enter football in recent years.

Didak has played two good games, both of which are akin to a quiet day by Mark Williams.

Toughie.

sabre_ac said:
Hrmm both are a waste of a top 3 pick.
But I think I would take Didak.
Hodge is yet to in a game off his own boot.
u my friend are dreaming. Both are good players and are worth top picks espicially Hodge. Are u a selector? No so u have no right to say they are a waste of a pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering this poll was started 3 years ago, ill give a bit of leniency, but not much. You have to be kidding, Hodge by a country mile!!!!!

FIGJAM said:
I ain't gay or nuffin', but while Hodgey has a nice clean Gomer Pile hair cut, I prefer Didak's Rat's Tail/Urban-Mullet.

Both have a tidy left foot too...but both of them have to prove they can win it more.

Interesting comparrison, but yeah, Daks wins because of his hair-cut!!
I still ain't gay or nuffin', but since me post in 2003, I must profess to be deeply disappointed in Didak's current conservative haircut.

I think they're now starting to live up to the hype, but I'd like both players to show more flair in the hair department before I commit either way.

It's no coincidence that Cam Bruce has moved up a notch since his fancy hairdo!

morgoth said:
Yeah Didak is a crap kick, that is why his kicking style is used by the AIS as an example of the correct way to kick the ball.

Hodge has done absolutely nothing in the AFL , apparently he played a few good ones in the VFL but that is about it. Maybe he will be better but at this stage in terms of actual performance Didak has played finals and helped win them.

Hodge is just another Dermie/Dunstall over-hyped player who has not done a thing, up their with the 'altletic freak who cannot get a kick' Williams.
hodge has averaged 30 possesions for 5 games before last week when he dropped down to 29... don't think he is that bad really....

superstar said:
Another one to bookmark for future embarrassment.
I'm not usually one for these old threads, but given I predicted it, why not? Hodge by a very, very long way, though Didak is a handy goalsneak.

Alot of rubbish in this thread of course (we could find dozens more regarding Hodge) but this was my favourite...

morgoth said:
Hodge is just another Dermie/Dunstall over-hyped player who has not done a thing, up their with the 'altletic freak who cannot get a kick' Williams.
There's a fair chance we might be seeing a Brownlow Medallist and Coleman Medallist mentioned in that sentence (and no I don't mean JD who was robbed of the Brownlow in '92). :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Poll Hodge versus Didak

Remove this Banner Ad

Back