Poll Hodge versus Didak

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by moe sizlak
This is pretty much a thread for all the Hawks fans that had a terrible year and want to cling on to the only shining light they have.

Hodge is class.
Didak is class.

who friggin cares, there both very different players.

Oh yeah, Mitchell, Brown, Ladson, Ries, Williams, Osborne, yup Hodge is the only shining light down at Glenferrie.

Evidently you care, or else you wouldn't be posting here. Moron.

Originally posted by Hodge_is_God
Hodge's career, two years, 30 games.
Didak's first two years 24 games. Overall Didak 49 games, ave 16.33 a year, Hodge 15 a year.

If Hodge is never on the field then neither is Didak. At least Hodge has been an automatic selection since his debut, Didak was in and out of the side his first two years.

You don't quite get it do you? What is Didak's competition for a place in the FP? One Leon "donuts" Davis. Even then Didak often starts on the bench.

Stop lauding your own player, statistically and logically Hodge is miles in front and the gap will only continue to increase.

You tell others to stop lauding their own player, yet look at your Nick :) doesnt quite make sense. Both classy players but very different, both will be good at their roles in the years to come.

Originally posted by rychenroller
You tell others to stop lauding their own player, yet look at your Nick :)

Yeah it's a bit of a b*tch when you have to argue a point on your favourite player, but hey ----> i'm right, they're wrong. ;)

Originally posted by Joel
Overall, I think everyone is forgetting one very important thing; Buckley is better than both Voss and Hird. :D

Why couldnt this thread have been called this in the first place? It would have gained more attention. :D

Btw, Hird is better than buckley. ;)

Hodge_is_God,
if you cast your mind back to the prelim (yes those elusive things called finals) leon davis kicked three goals. At one point he beat ****erneen to get one. sounds like fair competition. Besides him there was Dane Swan pushing for Didak's spot. And no you haven't heard of him because didak has his spot.

I would prefer Didak. Not just because I am a Collingwood supporter, but because I think Collingwood have enough in and under players and don't need a Luke Hodge in their side. For starters because we've got youngsters like Luke Shackleton coming through, and finally, because Hodge is yet to cause headaches against a team that is actually half decent. His 3 last quarter goals against the Demons were exactly that.... against the Demons.

...Repo Man...

Originally posted by superstar
This poll is close, isn't it?
Seeing the #1 pick is the only thing Hawks fans have had to hang their hat on since 2001, its hardly surprising that they're precious about it. Though you do get to relive the Croad experience now.

Originally posted by Porthos
Seeing the #1 pick is the only thing Hawks fans have had to hang their hat on since 2001, its hardly surprising that they're precious about it. Though you do get to relive the Croad experience now.

You tell him! Tell him about what Port have to hang their hat on since 2001 too:p
choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke

Originally posted by Hodgie_15
Didak- crumbig forward who rarely ventures outside 50. Drifts in and out of games, doesn't like physical attention. Can duck behind the pack and kick a handy goal. Good kick, clever around goals.

Hodge- Versatile, agressive (can be a -ive eg. free kicks), phisical presence, can take a contested grab, kick from outside 50 and has a laser left foot. Leader on the field.

I know who I'd prefer.

Agree with some of what you've said....But it says something about the Hawks in general though doesn't it !!!

Hodge has shouldered more of the load at Hawthorn and been given the opportunity more so than Didak at Collingwood.

Didak has progressed very well at Collingwood and has for long periods been kept in "cotton wool", for example, played off the bench and allowed to mature without the need to spend much time on the ball and be bashed around before he's ready.

Both are extremely classy players, but Didak has at least proved that he can handle the added pressure of finals. Been far from disgraced as a small forward in 2 grand finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Magpie Magician
You tell him! Tell him about what Port have to hang their hat on since 2001 too:p
choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke
Meh, go lose a grand final ya chump.

Originally posted by richie_cole#13
Hodge_is_God,
if you cast your mind back to the prelim (yes those elusive things called finals) leon davis kicked three goals. At one point he beat ****erneen to get one. sounds like fair competition. Besides him there was Dane Swan pushing for Didak's spot. And no you haven't heard of him because didak has his spot.

Yes, i know of finals, i've seen us win five flags, how many have you seen?

So Davis kicked three Wanganeen (who's side was getting pumped anyway and probably wasn't checking Donuts as closely as he normally would because he's crap) big deal, how many did he get in the granny? or last year's? I thought so.

Just digging yourself in deeper if you think Dane Swan rates a mention as compared to either Hodge or Didak. Believe it or not i know of Dane Swan, will be a handy player, but he's no star.

Either way, you've begun comparing Didak to Swan and Donuts, game set and match. Try again junior.

Oh, and BTW, why do you only respond to a part of what i wrote, your last post was so pathetic it was laughable...

In the original thread Porthos rated Riewoldt/Koschitzke/Didak over Hodge/Judd/Ball. I agree.

I feel Hodge has more potential than Didak but has not realized it yet. Didak is a year ahead, so as you'd expect he has accomplished more. Hodges injury prone body doesn't bode well for the future, hopefully he overcomes it and plays a great career.

Anyway I reckon Jonathon Brown is better than both of them.;)

My second ever post gone to 8 pages.. Keep it coming ;-)

Oh, and for my opinion, Didak is a ShowPony and Luke Hodge is the real deal...

Hodge is very good, perhaps hasn't lived up to his no 1 draft pick tag, but he's certainly better than that collingwood *** (nice rhyme btw) Didak, who really is a primma donna, he's football style is all hype and no substance, he never goes in for the hard balls and is a typical reciever.
he's a soft as they come.
At least Hodge chases and tackles, does the one percenters .

Originally posted by Lockyer24
There is no reason to say Hodge will be better going on what Ive seen. He has the edge in leadership and courage but thats about it. And to say he is a better kick than Didak is laughable.

Try looking thru BOTH eyes for a change.............

When Hodge starts drilling goals from the boundary 60 out and actually influencing some games rather than just kicking the odd piercing kick out of defense as a loose man be sure to alert me.

Didak influencing games? So actually getting touches in junk time and kicking cheap goals is influencing?

Hodge will be a far, far better player. The only query over him is staying on the park. Didak is limited.

Remove this Banner Ad

Poll Hodge versus Didak

Remove this Banner Ad

Back