Poll: Will you willingly get a Covid vaccine in the next year or so?

Will you willingly get a covid vaccine in the next year or so?

• Yes

Votes: 256 63.8%
  • No

Votes: 145 36.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Was basically house bound for the better part of 14months after taking my 2nd shot of the vaccine, so no, I won't be taking another one.
That sucks
Have no issues with people that think it's safe etc but when you go through what I did you tend to not love the idea of having any more.
Have you been advised not to, or was it not investigated?

I've got family that had reaction the AZ and were advised not to have that one anymore but were still able to have one of the other ones as their issue was related to the AZ specifically and a minor reaction which yours doesn't sound like at all

Some people can't have the vaccine anyway or are advised not to continue after they have issues

That sucks

Have you been advised not to, or was it not investigated?

I've got family that had reaction the AZ and were advised not to have that one anymore but were still able to have one of the other ones as their issue was related to the AZ specifically and a minor reaction which yours doesn't sound like at all

Some people can't have the vaccine anyway or are advised not to continue after they have issues

Yeah it did suck. Pain and exhaustion from just moving from the couch to the kitchen for over a year was not exactly fun. Luckily I have basically recovered 100%, still have some minor issues but overall not too bad.

I was advised by my GP not to take a 3rd but they couldn't or wouldn't link the issues to the vaccine which meant that at the time I was unable to be given an exemption. Makes no difference now as that has been resolved but at the time when it looked like WA was mandating 3+ shots to enter etc it was pretty rough to hear. Hard not to have ill feelings towards the whole mandate part of the roll out.

Yeah it did suck. Pain and exhaustion from just moving from the couch to the kitchen for over a year was not exactly fun. Luckily I have basically recovered 100%, still have some minor issues but overall not too bad.

I was advised by my GP not to take a 3rd but they couldn't or wouldn't link the issues to the vaccine which meant that at the time I was unable to be given an exemption. Makes no difference now as that has been resolved but at the time when it looked like WA was mandating 3+ shots to enter etc it was pretty rough to hear. Hard not to have ill feelings towards the whole mandate part of the roll out.
Hope things are improving for you.

Everyone here should look up Dr. John Campbell. He's easily found on YouTube with all his content. He's not just some YouTube misinformation doctor. He was originally a covid vaccine advocate that has changed his tune over time as information came out and he reflects and goes over a lot of it. You can actually watch this process take place it's something to see. From court findings to freedom of information acts/admissions to having guest scientists/doctors on to even victims.

People here saying they just mindlessly listen to their doctors obviously aren't aware of history. Doctors used to say smoking was healthy because they were paid off. All the doctor's got payouts for each dose they registered and those that opposed were threatened with losing their liscense for giving patients a exemption pass.

I don't say these things to be mean, controversial or pretend I'm better and know better. I just want to truth to come out and people to think more critically towards both sides of the debate. It's genuinely scary what took place and if I have to put myself out there and even be mocked by stating what I know to be true than so be it . Unfortunately people make up their mind one way or another and just mock the opposing views or just completely discredit and disregard. This usually dervives from a false place of righteousness that stems from a belief that they are getting legitimate information from authority figures like mainstream media. I assure you all I did not have any preconceieved ideas or agendas I just naturally question everything.

People need to realise even the creator of the MRna technology was completely against it being used as a vaccine for covid due to safety, they wanted kids and pregnant woman to get to it. My cousin who had to go to hospital because of it, the spike protein damaged his lungs and he had to go to hospital every month for a fair while to get oxygen and to try and undo the damage. Well the government didn't like that and told him he still had to get a follow up dose All for his health and safety. This is what made me start questioning as it made no sense and I started finding out all these other facts i mentioned previously. There are so many Avenues to go down that majority here are completely oblivous too.

All the best everyone if you've read my message and go onto look into it deeper I really appreciate you being open minded and listening. Dr John Campbell is a great starting point.
You know its funny.

Every single person who has said stuff along the lines your saying here always does the "i think critically and am just suggesting you open your mind" when in reality youre just as closed off as those your critcizing.

For every COVID denying or anti vaxxer you can find there are 10 specifically rebuking them, critically and with science.

Its not that people who got vaxxed and have no issue with it are oblivious weve all just picked a side, including you.

You know its funny.

Every single person who has said stuff along the lines your saying here always does the "i think critically and am just suggesting you open your mind" when in reality youre just as closed off as those your critcizing.

For every COVID denying or anti vaxxer you can find there are 10 specifically rebuking them, critically and with science.

Its not that people who got vaxxed and have no issue with it are oblivious weve all just picked a side, including you.
a former journalist who worked on a show like 7:30 report in the UK discussed the media's role in this after leaving the industry

The example given was economic, related to Brexit so involved economists.

She said, you'd ring around for economists to come on the show and discuss the topic for the segment.

You'd have 60 names ready to talk about the negative economic ramifications of Brexit within an hour.

You'd then spend 3 days looking for someone to come on and talk about the positives and find 1 person.

When the show airs those two economists are presented as equal representation of "both sides" of the story with no mention of how much one is an outlier in their field

You know its funny.

What's funnier is that 95% of the population took the "95% effective vaccine" and 95% of them caught Covid anyway, often more than once :drunk:

What's funnier is that 95% of the population took the "95% effective vaccine" and 95% of them caught Covid anyway, often more than once :drunk:
This kind of just shows that you don't understand numbers.

No, the mandates and the whole reason for most vaccines is to reduce the severity of the illness should you contract it.

This is why i listen to my doctor and not the internet.
Reduce risk and reduce load on healthcare

Not eliminate risk

But don't worry old mate won't accept that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes they absolutely did, hence the mandates.
Last time:

The vaccine does not stop you being infected with the SARS Cov2 virus. It reduces the chances a little.

If you are infected, it reduces the chances you will develop Covid-19, and it reduces the effects if you do develop it.

Across jurisdictions, it has been reliably shown to reduce chances of hospitalisation and death.

Unvaccinated: 15+ times more likely to end up in hospital.

There is some variation across demographics - e.g. age groups, health level, and people with pre-existing conditions (which you pick up as you age anyway).

These are not controversial ideas. They are the basic facts.

Last vaccine was June 2023, had COVID twice since then, both relatively mild, I put part of that down to the vaccines I've had.

Probably get one at the start of next winter unless I get COVID recently before that, then moving forward will reassess how it's going in the world and what more data is saying.

Was basically house bound for the better part of 14months after taking my 2nd shot of the vaccine, so no, I won't be taking another one.

Have no issues with people that think it's safe etc but when you go through what I did you tend to not love the idea of having any more.
And no one would advise you to have another?

Never had a vaccine and tested positive for Covid last October on a Saturday. Felt a bit shit for about 36 hours then went to work on the Monday.

I’ve had worse hangovers.
You're a hero.

Remove this Banner Ad

Poll: Will you willingly get a Covid vaccine in the next year or so?

Back