Opinion Port Adelaide and their Prison Bars

Remove this Banner Ad

Won't lie, the display of prison bars by the Power is somewhat funny. It amounts to a lovely tantrum. Naughty Port!

It doesn't surprise me that the PAFC is stuck in an identity crisis. They've always had a chip on their shoulder, now taking their cue from a president who pretends to be a leader.

I hope that one day they'll accept themselves for who they really are, in all that glorious teal, but in the meantime I appreciate some laughs in an otherwise unfunny season of football.

Won't lie, the display of prison bars by the Power is somewhat funny. It amounts to a lovely tantrum. Naughty Port!

It doesn't surprise me that the PAFC is stuck in an identity crisis. They've always had a chip on their shoulder, now taking their cue from a president who pretends to be a leader.

I hope that one day they'll accept themselves for who they really are, in all that glorious teal, but in the meantime I appreciate some laughs in an otherwise unfunny season of football.
It will stop being funny when the AFL start giving in to their demands.

It will stop being funny when the AFL start giving in to their demands.

I didn't think that the League had acceded to their requests.

Power is simply being petulant, because they have no power at all.

I didn't think that the League had acceded to their requests.

Power is simply being petulant, because they have no power at all.
I don’t trust the AFL to uphold our rights. I believe that eventually they will start allowing concessions, little by little, they will give in to Port’s demands.

100% agree.
Port don’t want to wear this jumper twice a year, they want it for every game. They won’t stop there.
They want to be known as the Magpies.
It’s a hostile take over.

+1

You allow the Power to wear the prison bar jumper once, you will be kicking every Collingwood legend in the balls.

Dont ever set a precedent, dont ever allow it ever happen even once. Youre correct, they wont ever stop. They will eventually want to be change the name of their Club to Port Adelaide Magpies.

Next win we have lets change into their Magenta strip
Nah don’t make it something it’s not. It’s not a battle, not a war, we have the black and white stripes and they don’t have any claim to them. Getting down in the muck with the Power makes it look like there is actually something in dispute.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah don’t make it something it’s not. It’s not a battle, not a war, we have the black and white stripes and they don’t have any claim to them. Getting down in the muck with the Power makes it look like there is actually something in dispute.

Spot on. It’s all a bit of harmless noise that gets more eyes on Port. There is only one battle - and it’s Port Adelaide’s on-going fight for relevance in a two-team town where they are definitely the smaller.

For those really worried about protecting the “black and white” go take a look at Port Adelaide’s logo. No teal, lots of black & white stripes. Horse has bolted.

Playing Port over there in July. There will be more fun in the lead up to that.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can’t say I know much about Port Adelaide, however, I know this guy (while working in Sydney), who runs a fairly big fund. Anyway, he was telling me how his grandfather played with Port and how Port always saw Collingwood as their ‘cousin’ .

Yeah, that was true. When John Cahill came to coach Collingwood in the 80’s, it had that feel of a Port Adelaide favourite son going across to the big time.

There was the Alan Didak connection as well and probably a bunch of others.

Unfortunately the Pies didn’t really see it the same way and apparently screwed them over some way. So, maybe they see a rivalry that we aren’t even aware of.

Dunno what that was about. Probably something to do with Collingwood protecting its interests. Maybe we didn’t support their entry into the AFL? Wouldn’t surprise me.

Yeah, that was true. When John Cahill came to coach Collingwood in the 80’s, it had that feel of a Port Adelaide favourite son going across to the big time.

Dunno what that was about. Probably something to do with Collingwood protecting its interests. Maybe we didn’t support their entry into the AFL? Wouldn’t surprise me.

I've always felt that we had a stronger on-field connection with Norwood and Sturt.

PA have become complete tools about the jumper thing....AFL should strip the club of wearing Black and White for a month, teal only.

If they really want to wear black & white stripes...just merge with Collingwood.
They get their Black & White plus the Magpies name & emblem
We would be called the Collingwood Magpies.
11 games in Melbourne, 7 games Adelaide, 4 games interstate.

Last edited:

Russell Johnston & Stephen Clifford went across To Port.
Both big Port players 350+ games between them. Won 3 flags each.

Russell Johnston & Stephen Clifford went across To Port.
Both big Port players 350+ games between them. Won 3 flags each.

Correct, and the reason they went over there was they weren't very good.
Anybody who could walk upright could star in the SANFL.

Harlott JimmyBC

Just a heads up and a reminder to Pies fans that if Port posters are passively trolling you and liking and laughing at posts the moderators on here can ban/card them and also remove their liking privileges.

I had a good conversation the other day with your moderator privately on here jathanas that I would be interested in his feedback on this topic. Thanks.

Unlike my fellow feral neighbours in South Australia, I dont go to opposition boards and troll them on their own boards. Typical gutless move.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Port Adelaide and their Prison Bars

Remove this Banner Ad

Back