Port Adelaide Best and Fairest

Remove this Banner Ad

PortFan

Rookie
Sep 18, 2003
Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide FC
Just had a look in the TV guide and on Saturday we get Port Adelaide B&F "updates" @ 7.29pm - 7.30pm, 8.30pm, 9.29pm - 9.30pm and 10.30pm.

When will Port fans get to see the whole thing? Crows B&F is on Friday night from 8.30pm - 10.00pm. Surely TV ratings aren't the reason for no full coverage?

Would love to sit down and watch it. Who do you all think will take out the awards on the night?
Here are my thoughts...
John Cahill Medal: Kane Cornes
Best Team Man: Kane Cornes
Best First Year Player: Danyle Pearce
Most Improved Player: Michael Pettigrew?

PortFan said:
Would love to sit down and watch it. Who do you all think will take out the awards on the night?
Here are my thoughts...

A few of us from the port board are going Saturday night, so I am sure that we can give you a run down at some stage, after we have recovered from our severe hangovers ;) :D

The frocks are more important.

From the Advertiser

Powerful dates are going potty

28sep05

IF the dress rocks, tell your friends. Lucy Gross, fiancee of Power player Kane Cornes, was stunning in a corseted number from Adelaide label Little Potty Red Shoes at the Brownlow medal count, and has gone back for seconds - along with a friend.

At the Port Adelaide best-and-fairest do on Saturday night, Lucy will don a sequinned, low-back, black silk-satin number by Little Potty Red Shoes designer Melanie Flynn (who also runs Rundle St boutique Locco Fashion).

Lucy has also inspired Power star Warren Tredrea's wife, Rachael, who will be wearing a lemon and chocolate number with a metallic leather trim by Melanie.

"The word has spread," Melanie smiles.

But no word yet on the frocks at the Crows best and fairest do on Friday night. . .

Meanwhile, Melanie has also turned her hand to bridal gear. She has designed a white, embroidered, calf-length frock for Adelaide fashionista Jessica Milne, who is set to marry Michael Lamprell in Fiji next Monday. When the pair return, Jessica will open a streetwear boutique called Wanted at Harbour Town.

- Carla Caruso

PortFan said:
Here are my thoughts...

I reckon Wakelin for the John Cahill Medal. I agree with the rest.

gbear said:
A few of us from the port board are going Saturday night, so I am sure that we can give you a run down at some stage, after we have recovered from our severe hangovers ;) :D

If I was in Adelaide this weekend I'd be there but alas my next trip to Adelaide won't be until the beginning of next season for a few games.

That said we'll have a few people representing the PAFC Top End Supporters Group there on the night and even though they are Adelaide based they help us out throughout the year by providing things we could never get the club to do for us.

Have a good night and make sure you and the others here attending post all the goss and pics from the night.

Do you think Neil Craig will be hanging around outside so he can give Hitaf another serve over the "Showdown snub"? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be definitely there. It will be a good night and I think it will be a close one between Warren Tredrea and Kane Cornes.
Best First Year Player Danyle Pearce/Ben Eckermann
Best Team Man Warren Tredrea
Best Finals Player Chad Cornes
Most Improved Player Adam Kingsley

Best & Fairest (1st): Kane Cornes
Best & Fairest (2nd): Warren Tredrea
Best & Fairest (3rd): Chad Cornes

Ford Fairlane said:
Do you think Neil Craig will be hanging around outside so he can give Hitaf another serve over the "Showdown snub"? ;)

I would have loved to have seen the initial serve as I could imagine Hitaf almost exploding with laughter listening to such crap on a night like that.

dreamkillers said:
I would have loved to have seen the initial serve as I could imagine Hitaf almost exploding with laughter listening to such crap on a night like that.

Could you imagine the grudge tag team match? The Rasheeds vs Craig/Hewitt with Miss Beccy the manager in the corner. The Fractured Friendship bout! I'd buy a ticket (and back the Rasheeds).

power_goddess said:
Best & Fairest (1st): Kane Cornes
Best & Fairest (2nd): Warren Tredrea
Best & Fairest (3rd): Chad Cornes

chad wont get 3rd his an excelent player but injury will stop him achieving it 3rd will probably be cassisi or another midfielder

Moosehead said:
chad wont get 3rd his an excelent player but injury will stop him achieving it 3rd will probably be cassisi or another midfielder

I predict your theory will be wrong cause Cornesy has only been injured in rounds 2-7 and round 19 and 12 our of 24 games including finals, he has been named best on ground. So I will be surprised if he can poll some votes in some of those games. It will not be much but it wil surely put him somewhere in that position. Every vote counts no matter how big or small they are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Port Adelaide Best and Fairest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back