Port Adelaide v Geelong - in game thread

Remove this Banner Ad

BLOODY HELL :(

What could have been a ripping win to a deserving Geelong side on the road has turned into another boring home ground win for Port :mad:

Absolutely shattered. :(

Congratulations to Port though.

Really disappointed that we let this one slip (just like the Freo game). We had control of the game for the most part, but just couldn't get over the line.

Top quality teams would have finished Port off today, but i'm safe in the knowledge that we're heading the right way.

We've won 5 of the last 7, and the two losses have been close games away against Fremantle and Port.

Very proud of the endeavour and commitment of the boys, but by golly does it hurt. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great effort from Geelong, but geeez... how many mistakes did they make in the final minutes?

Missed shots at goal. Turnovers. Dropped marks. Smothered kicks. The works.

The match was there for the taking and they well... choked.

Lost by 4pts... missed opportunities cost us in the end. Sounded like a great game. wish i could have watched it. Well done Port.. bad luck Cats but keep your heads up boys (especially Josh Hunt, been one of our best for a cpl of months). Looking forward to the next few weeks & hope we keep being this competitive for the rest of the season. :)

This loss is gonna hurt. I hate, hate, hate losing, but I guess we have to lose sometimes. Some poor set shots and a couple of bad mistakes at the death knell killed us off.

Full credit to Port, they never laid down and were always hard at it.

And we have a tough task next week against the bullies, when you take into account our recent record against them.

Originally posted by Mark Viduka
The Chokers of the 90s played the Chokers of the 2000s and thats how it ended up. Who choked the less on the day.
One of these days you will definitely choke with the amount of irrelevant crap that comes out of your mouth. Did you really need to enter this thread just to post that rubbish?

Very shattered seeing that one slip by (yes, I'm a geelong supporter). Of course they fought hard but I'm sick of seeing all these honourable losses pass us by.

Umpiring was poor for both sides. Too many soft ones in front of goal, to many legit ones being let go:rolleyes:

Well done to Port. It was their home ground and at the end of the day that was probably the factor that got them (just) over the line.

I'm not going to be too hard on the boys for those late mistakes. I'm sure they're hurting just as much as us, but they will learn.

We are still very young by AFL standards, and will be better for the experience.

Well done to the boys, and congrats again to Port.

Originally posted by Scorpio

Umpiring was poor for both sides. Too many soft ones in front of goal, to many legit ones being let go:rolleyes:

Spot on.

Disappointed that we were, yet again, on the wrong side of the free kick tally, however neither team was favoured, and it didn't play a part in the result.

Remove this Banner Ad

Port Adelaide v Geelong - in game thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back