AFLW Port Adelaide vs Brisbane - Round 2 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

I have to admit to only watching the Power v tingles AFLW game very briefly and I assume this may have already been mentioned in the game thread, but the back of the Port guernsey looks like it could have been designed by a member of the sturt cheer squad.

I can understand the need for a difference from the jumpers used in the men's comp, but a contrasting number panel would have to look better than that very bland white numbers on a light blue background.

I have to admit to only watching the Power v tingles AFLW game very briefly and I assume this may have already been mentioned in the game thread, but the back of the Port guernsey looks like it could have been designed by a member of the sturt cheer squad.

I can understand the need for a difference from the jumpers used in the men's comp, but a contrasting number panel would have to look better than that very bland white numbers on a light blue background.
Screenshot_2023-09-03-19-36-57-42_06f55460662fbd2a0e57859aeb4099f0.jpg
Um like this contrasting number panel?

View attachment 1793301
Um like this contrasting number panel?
I could say I'm glad someone spotted my deliberate error ;), but even though I only watched very briefly I have to admit I must have had a senior's moment and somehow missed the `contrasting panel,' and the black numbers as well, but I did lose interest very quickly and flicked channels after no more than a minute or two and then just checked the scores occasionally.

That aside I'm staying with the `designed by a member of the sturt cheer squad' bit, but I will add they must still be going to primary school as that design is in my opinion absolutely dreadful, and I doubt I'm the only one who thinks the same, but someone had to put it out there and take the heat.

IN: S Syme
OUT: O Levicki

Round 2 Team Selection

B: A Borg 21, C Hammond 28
HB: M MacLachlan 16, H Dunn 24, J Cuthbertson 25
C: A Foley 3, E Phillips 1-C, E Boag 17
HF: J Mules 14, A Saint 8, G Houghton 27
F: J Teakle 15, H Ewings 12
Foll: M Scholz 29, A Dowrick 5, J Stewart 13
I/C: E O’Dea 2, Y Duursma 7, I Tahau 10, A Ballard 19, S Syme 20

Emergencies: M Keryk 26, J Simmons 32, K Pope 44

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: S.Syme
Out: O.Levicki (omitted)

Brisbane got done by Richmond last week who got utterly belted by the Crows last night, could we be a sneaky chance here, or will Brisbane have a point to prove?

Our pre-season form looks good and our draw opens up after this one, but it would be good to put up a good fight here and set up a day of wins against Brisbane.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Port Adelaide vs Brisbane - Round 2 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back