Roast Port Adelaide's failure to do a HIA assessment on Aliir - [AFL confirms both players FAILED concussion tests on Monday]

Remove this Banner Ad

It's like something out of a black comedy, laughably bizarre.

Honestly, this nails it. And then the media boys all seeing the absurdity of it, but being all PC and playing the AFL line to not ruffle feathers.

I can't wait to see the part in this movie where the actors playing Ken and his doctor explain how a HIA was not necessary for that kind of head hit and the explanations for his lifeless arms as he was falling.

And then the scenes at the club through the week as they teach Aliir Aliir who he is and what football is again after his memory is completely wiped. I mean this could be an absolute gem...

The NRL has independent doctors making these calls. Not club doctors being pressured by coaches.
Even if it wasn't a club doctor being pressured, there is nothing stopping the club doctor shopping for a Dr Nick Riviera type who will make determinations the club want to see.

It's time for the AFL to bring in independent game day Doctors to diagnose and make calls specifically relating to concussion. Clubs can have their own Doctors for any other injury.

Even if the doctor made an error, wouldn’t the coach want to question the decision? It wasn’t a behind the play incident. Everyone at the ground saw it. Bring him back on in 5 minutes was on Hinkley as well.
Hinkley is obviously complicit in this mess.

I'd assume 99.9% of us here making comments aren't doctors, but for the Port Dr to come out and say there was no head clash really has to be taking the p155.
99.9% of us are not Doctors, but if I came across a decapitated body I'd still believe he is dead even if a Doctor tried to tell me he's alive.

Obvious things are obvious.

So was he concussed ?

Or did the doctor make the right assessment ?
Usually a doctor would do A concussion test after a head knock to assess if there is concussion or not. This test was not done. Allir was back on after 6 mins. Compulsory concussion tests should be fine for ALL head knocks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can her club (don't even know who she plays for anymore) allow her to do that while contracted? Ollie Wines copped so much s**t for going wake boarding in his off season, then Harris is going off to go get willingly punched in the head and there's crickets? Sounds hypocritical to me.
Talk about deflection.

The doctor said a HIA was not required, not that there was no head clash.

You don't need a HIA for every head clash.

I'm not defending the decision, but just calling out the false info.
Really???? A HIA should be done for ALL head clashes. I work for a hospital and they do CT for anyone that comes in with a head clash/strike.

How is that the AFLs fault?

Does she need the AFL to tell her that getting punched in the head isn’t good for her head?

She chased the money.
Yet another deflection from Port fans. Disgusting

Hinkley talking about Aliir being the “same aliir” shows he’s misunderstanding the issues - lots of players are just a bit dazed but fine within 20 minutes and are being subbed out with concussions. It’s not like they’re all walking zombies who can’t look at a bright light for a week after a concussion.
Wilful misunderstanding from a fossil desperate to keep his job. With Dimma on his way to the Suns, he knows he will never be considered for another vacancy at his age.

How can her club (don't even know who she plays for anymore) allow her to do that while contracted? Ollie Wines copped so much s**t for going wake boarding in his off season, then Harris is going off to go get willingly punched in the head and there's crickets? Sounds hypocritical to me.
AFLW players are not paid all year round. They’re seasonal. Entirely different to AFL men’s players

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Port Adelaide's failure to do a HIA assessment on Aliir - [AFL confirms both players FAILED concussion tests on Monday]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back