News Port Adelaide's Next Generation Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Wayne Milera and Tyson Stengle were part of ours so it all evens ou—

I had to read that 3 times before I realised you weren't saying Tyson Stenglein. But he's from WA ...

200.gif

What's the closest he can live to Alberton yet be in our country NGA zone?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
WWT's or SA's country zone would be the closest to metro Adelaide and therefore if they were aboriginal kids would qualify for Port. SA's zone wouldn't be much past Mclaren Vale and Two Wells is part of WWT's country zone.

Multi-cultural kids can be metro based for SA and WA clubs.

This is the proposed changes to SANFL metro zone paper in June 2022. Don't know if they changed

On a tangent, does anyone know how Stuey's battle with leukemia is going? It must have been announced 5 or 6 years ago, I don't recall hearing anything since.

can someone please clarify the NGA rules, and if we have/will have acess to the cochrene boys.

No we don't currently have access to them. Explained on the previous page by RussellEbertHandball

Will stick this here as the Cochrane boys are more NGA than Father Son prospects.

Doug is the star, but Tom gets his time to shine here. This is from Saturday's U18 centrals v glenelg game at the bay.

Channel 9 News had a story about the Cochrane boys the day it broke in the Age and said Stuie has 3 boys. Will try and find that if 9 have put it up on twitter or other social media.

2 things I picked up from this video, not related directly to Tom.

First, the umpire near the boundary line throws his arms up for the play on call that it wasn't far enough after the one closest to the kicker called play on because he ran around the guy standing on the mark. Then that central umpire overrides the one by the boundary line and says it went 15m.

Second, Canadian singer Tom Cochrane had a big hit around the world in the late 1980's called Life is a Highway, and the caller refers to it and says he's on the runway.

Last edited:
Another Tom Cochrane the singer reference - his other big international hit from around the same time - was (my boy's gonna play in the) Big League. Which looks like Stuie will be saying for at least 1 of his sons.

My lad is 183cm and turned 13 in March... Wrist X-Ray suggesting he'll get to 194cm

Elite runner for his size on the footy oval currently, but gee whiz he's a baby giraffe sometimes. Definitely yet to grow into his body.

How do yall get these wrist X-rays. Just ask them to check while they’re x rating something else or the doc orders them?

Would have loved to have had one when I was a kid. I was a shortass all my life, then had some crazy growth spurt after 16. Not sure how much, but just have been 12-15cm spurt in a 6 month period, maybe more. Before that I was in and out of doctors complaining about my legs feeling like they were being torn apart from the inside. Kinda made sense later.

My baby girl is 93cm (last time I checked might be taller now) at 1 year 11 months, which is about the same gap between her and the 97th percentile as the 97th percentile has over the 50th. She’s going to be tall.

Seems like there would be a fair bit of a water under the bridge for us to get access to Stuey's sons, but it seems like a pretty fair bet that we'll have a chance of luring them back at some stage if not. Fingers crossed!

We won’t.

I also don’t think this is about us getting access to them. They would know it’s not going to happen.

I think they simply want to get into our nga academy and train with us.

I think it’s definitely a warning shot about where they might want to be in the future tho , like Jason.

can someone please clarify the NGA rules, and if we have/will have acess to the cochrene boys.

I believe this is just for training purposes. I dont believe we would have access to draft them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we can get Douglas Cochrane 2026 and Zemes 2027 we will make out like bandits.

Zemes will be easy to get due to being able to match bids on the NGA with the recent rule change.

Regarding Dougie that maybe a challenge but Im confident with our list management team they will make sure to get this done.

Lot to play out if his dad (Stuart) can show he has Indigenous ancestry therefore be able to participate in our NGA program and if the AFL alter the rules we could get him as an official NGA rather than just participating in our NGA program.
This is all a massive IF.

How do yall get these wrist X-rays. Just ask them to check while they’re x rating something else or the doc orders them?

Would have loved to have had one when I was a kid. I was a shortass all my life, then had some crazy growth spurt after 16. Not sure how much, but just have been 12-15cm spurt in a 6 month period, maybe more. Before that I was in and out of doctors complaining about my legs feeling like they were being torn apart from the inside. Kinda made sense later.

My baby girl is 93cm (last time I checked might be taller now) at 1 year 11 months, which is about the same gap between her and the 97th percentile as the 97th percentile has over the 50th. She’s going to be tall.

We won’t.

I also don’t think this is about us getting access to them. They would know it’s not going to happen.

I think they simply want to get into our nga academy and train with us.

I think it’s definitely a warning shot about where they might want to be in the future tho , like Jason.
There are a few bones that act like windows to how much growth you may have left. Radius (forearm) is one. Endocrinologists use it in case of growth hormone deficiency and Orthodontists like to use it to gauge how much growth so they can work out which appliance might be worthwhile and what correction they might be able to get - jaw growth or midface growth.

Usually get them around 9-13 years of age.

Zemes will be easy to get due to being able to match bids on the NGA with the recent rule change.

Regarding Dougie that maybe a challenge but Im confident with our list management team they will make sure to get this done.

Lot to play out if his dad (Stuart) can show he has Indigenous ancestry therefore be able to participate in our NGA program and if the AFL alter the rules we could get him as an official NGA rather than just participating in our NGA program.
This is all a massive IF.

Dougie for those who haven't seen him is a big rangey athlete they have behind the ball at present but goes though the middle very well and goes well forward as well. Could be like drafting a cross between Buddy and Bonts.

Even if Stuey establishes that he has indigenous heritage, i thought our indigenous NGA was just for training purposes, and we didn’t actually get priority access to the kids?

Remove this Banner Ad

News Port Adelaide's Next Generation Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back