Opinion Port Board 2024 Paris Olympics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Matilda's tipped out after today's 2-1 loss to the USA.

Jess Fox confirms her superstardom.

Bronze in the women's BMX freestyle to Natalya Diehm.

Sadly Logan Martin couldn't defend his Tokyo gold medal.

The men's triathlon was spectacular too, it looked like NZs Hayden Wilde had it in the bag in the final run to the line, the commentators were banging on about him non-stop, then GB's Alex Yee came from the clouds to run him down and take gold.

I suspect his ability to train in the Thames held him in good stead for the Seine. :p

Fox killing it again. What a star.

Was super into the Canoe Slalom semis last night so got up a bit early to watch the replay of the final this morning, and it's not up on Channel 9. Fox's run on it's own is, but not the whole thing, which is annoying, I wanted to watch the whole thing.

Her final event will be the Kayak Cross event (finals on 5th Aug), new event for this Olympics - looks like organised chaos, should be a great watch.

Outstanding performance by the French swimmer Leon Marchand last night, two gold medals in 200m butterfly & backed up in 200m breaststroke (Olympic record). The crowd was going nuts in the butterfly as he mowed the leader down, and in the breaststroke he had a good lead from the start.
I found myself singing a variation of the Brisbane song - “we wear Le blu, rouge & blanc”. Le wife was not impressed.

Her final event will be the Kayak Cross event (finals on 5th Aug), new event for this Olympics - looks like organised chaos, should be a great watch.

Kayak roller derby! Love it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love the skateboarders. You'd think the Chinese would be state trained within an inch of their lives while the Australians would be bogan kids who hang around skate parks all night, tag a few buildings, sink some red bulls, then go home and download from Pirate Bay. That's the true Olympic spirit. :D

I love the skateboarders. You'd think the Chinese would be state trained within an inch of their lives while the Australians would be bogan kids who hang around skate parks all night, tag a few buildings, sink some red bulls, then go home and download from Pirate Bay. That's the true Olympic spirit. :D
I knew I should've picked up a board.

Watching the rock climb and thinking the climbers look like spiders zooming up those wall faces.

But then I thought that would make them rock spiders and that's weird.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Port Board 2024 Paris Olympics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back