rick James

Cancelled
Suspended
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 8, 2004
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Just thought I'd mention how well the PA fans have handled losing Pickett, I've only seen one or two sourgrapes incidents since he left, which is surprising considering he was one of their favourite sons.

Well done.

I'm sorry the blokes gone. I doubt he was going to get back to his best at Port though. Best for him and Port that we parted company. I think in a new environment and with something to prove he'll have a great year at Melbourne. I'll certainly be more likely to watch their games this year in order to see how he's getting on.

Thanks for the memories Choppy.

I love that way Choppy plays. I thought his 2004 GF was sensational. I am very sorry to see him go and, like most Port fans, I hope that he does really well in the future.

I don't think he will be a gun at melbourne, rawhead.
There's really nothing we can do about him leaving though. It was probably better that he left. I saw him out during the week, drunk beyond recognition so many times during the season. Off field problems like that caused all of this IMO.

I think Choppy will play and fit in well down in melbourne where he can add some much needed hardness to there side.

He also has premiership experience.

Should be rotated off the bench next year and played through the midfield

I wish him all the best too. Looks like he is carrying a few extra kilos from the pic in the Advertiser today tho. Wouldnt be surprised if he has a top year next year. Wouldnt have happaened at Port tho.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PAFC2004 said:
I don't think he will be a gun at melbourne, rawhead.
There's really nothing we can do about him leaving though. It was probably better that he left. I saw him out during the week, drunk beyond recognition so many times during the season. Off field problems like that caused all of this IMO.

Now you're prepared to cut him down and slight his character, yet wouldn't say a word when he was drunkely smashing up cars. Charming.

You lot will squeal like stuck pigs when he runs through a Port Power player. I cant wait for it.

heheh i saw him out numerous times as well :D

absolutely smashed at the grand in glenelg.. did a round of tequilla shotties with him and a few mates one night there on a sunday night.. seen him at the cas a few times at bout 4 or 5 in the morning as well

he wont be any better at melbourne with an even bigger nightlife

Definetely no sourgrapes against Choppy, he needed a fresh start and i'd rather see him run through blokes with the Dees (as long as they aren't ours) then have his career drift into the abyss with us.

I think everyone from Port wishes Choppy well at the Demons.

Hopefully he can also clean up his disgraceful off-field antics as well.

Arabian Goggles said:
Now you're prepared to cut him down and slight his character, yet wouldn't say a word when he was drunkely smashing up cars. Charming.

You lot will squeal like stuck pigs when he runs through a Port Power player. I cant wait for it.

People like you just bagged him because he was at Port Adelaide.. You can Guarantee if he takes any of our players out 100% of all Port supporters wont be complaining as thats the way he plays.. be a interesting one though now that his not at Port he could probably smash a bloke in the face and get off..

Tredders66 said:
People like you just bagged him because he was at Port Adelaide.. You can Guarantee if he takes any of our players out 100% of all Port supporters wont be complaining as thats the way he plays.. be a interesting one though now that his not at Port he could probably smash a bloke in the face and get off..
Why do you bother replying to a ******** like him?? he is only here to stir port fans up, one of the most disgusting troll on bigfooty.

davey_magik said:
Good point rJ. Port fans are a lot better than a lot of other clubs on BF.

this is a untrue statement. They have good ones as do all clubs but they also have a abnormally large snipey bunch that jump at shadows. Perhaps you are in melbourne and dont realise it, but you arent getting much with byron pickett, he did nothing all yr. With apparently a poor attitude of being out late and not rocking up for training thats why they're happy to see the back of him. Mark didnt exactly play him to further his career either.

And total power i remember you said byron would get a first rounder, what happened>? :D

outback jack said:
this is a untrue statement. They have good ones as do all clubs but they also have a abnormally large snipey bunch that jump at shadows. Perhaps you are in melbourne and dont realise it, but you arent getting much with byron pickett, he did nothing all yr. With apparently a poor attitude of being out late and not rocking up for training thats why they're happy to see the back of him. Mark didnt exactly play him to further his career either.

And total power i remember you said byron would get a first rounder, what happened>? :D
We are still happy with what we got :D lonie and motlop for pickett and 14 :D

Toots Hibbert said:
I'm sorry the blokes gone. I doubt he was going to get back to his best at Port though. Best for him and Port that we parted company. I think in a new environment and with something to prove he'll have a great year at Melbourne. I'll certainly be more likely to watch their games this year in order to see how he's getting on.

Thanks for the memories Choppy.

here here

I will miss him

Remove this Banner Ad

Port Fans = Surprisingly mature

Remove this Banner Ad

Back