port melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

It is live on the ABC.

PM off to typical start, trailing at 1/4time by 13 points.

Shore took a great grab while Grima was in everything in the first 15 minutes.

North Ballarat playing much better, but we have a lot more to get out of the side.

Lawrence fight count - 2.

Quarter time:

North Ballarat: 5.1.31

Port: 2.5.17

Port had the wind that quarter and didn't take advantage. NB haave some big bodied players that are causing problems and are running far better than we are. Grima's been good,Hale doing ok around the ground. Eddie has missed 2 easy ones.

Half time:

Port: 8.9.57

NB: 5.7.37

Great quarter by the Borough. Gill impressive with 3 goals. Grima,well,he just looks like a star in the making! Despite Eddie's wayward kicking I think he proved that he's a forward and I like the way he fights hard to keep the ball in the forward area. Both Claytons getting into it,Hale doing some good work and another pre-season into Perry could see him take some big strides next year. I wasn't all that taken by Josh Gibson last year but has improved a lot and has a touch of class despite one or two disposal errors. Will probably be drafted or rookied.

Eddie Sansbury is a natural forward, and to be perfectly honest I wish he'd gotten some more chances this season there, perhaps instead of bringing back Turtle every second week. Surprised with his kicking though, he's usually good around the sticks.

Watching Jezza Clayton makes me think he is very stiff not to play more senior footy. Gets the hard ball and conducts traffic - good footy brain and doesn't mind mixing it.

Hale gets better with every outing - a lot to look forward to

Anyone see Perry's dash out the backline? Shannon Watt would have been cringing at the sight.

48 point lead at 3/4 time.

David Hale has taken a few good marks. Steven Lawrence is an angry man and playing good footy. Josh Gibson in the back line is chasing everything. Apparently he will go to the draft camp when it is on. Callum Urch has not had a player on him this quarter. JClayton and Sansbury have also had good games. JClayton just keeps getting the ball and moves it on well.

A big win coming up for Port and a prelim final in a couple of weeks.

Three quarter time:

Port: 12.15.87

NB: 5.10.40

Good solid quarter by Port. Tackled hard and forced errors. Urch really looks the goods at this level and,tell ya what, there are a few I'd delist before even considering getting rid of Jezza Clayton! Some sort of footy genius this guy.

Joel Perry still needs some serious muscle but he has managed to keep North Ballarat's Saunders dead quiet. Saunders would probably be best described as a big fat country footballer.

Grima moves beautifully, always has time on the ball. Shore took some nice grabs, led well and did some relief rucking. Hale had about a dozen marks and looks a lot more confident at this level.

Missed it.. checked if we were on yesterday.. didn't even consider that we might be on TV today.. saw the highlights and stuff post match.. that was a mighty fine grab by Shore..

Good to hear Perry(was he at FB or CHB?) played well.. and Grima.. and Eddie was in the forward line.. and Urch.. and Hale sounds like he had a decent day.

Did Shore kick any goals?

Thanks people

Go Roos

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blaze Away said:
I have no confidence whatsoever in the match committee if J.Clayton can't be selected in our best 22.

Jezza should be picking up the JJ Liston tomorrow night I reckon.. he will definitely be up there again this year. Was rubbed out for 2 weeks last year, and still polled more votes than the winner David Robbins.

My smoky for the medal is Chris Obst.

The weeks rest might be good for Port, with a few niggling injuries. Ben Robbins knock to the knee didn't sound too major.

Ben Schwarze has an injured shoulder, not a broken collarbone, so hopefully he will be a chance to return.

Hamish will need to train himself back into form, as he wouldnt be eligble for Port Melbourne's reserves next week, who take on Williamstown this coming weekend. I wonder if Port will play Perry and Shore in that game.

He was dropped to Ports two's who have the week off (If they beat the towners next week they are straight into the GF) as the reserves is a final 5 competition.

He doesnt qualify for the Reserves, so he may well be finished for the year.

No problem...Hopefully if Harvey doesnt get back into the side (which I thought looked pretty settled today with an 11/11 split) then he has a big pre-season for next year. Ive been a bit critical of him this year.. Hopefully he can make me eat my words.

With a bit of luck both of Ports sides will get through to the GF. We will need every available Roos supporter if Tasmania make it in, because Optus Oval will be mostly empty :(

thanksteac.jpg

I went along.

'Twas a good game for depressed North supporters IMO. Port did what they liked for the most part.

Perry - VERY excited by his game. He has come along way recently. Confident, strong, smart and the brain of a defender. Punches hard, bit of angry (for a skinny teenager). I reckon he will be one of Nev's greatest accomplishments.

Shore - IMO, our next proper FF option. Super fast, good hands and despite a weird action, an excellent kick for goal. Plays FF smartly ie leads late rather than early, clears space well etc etc. Good display. Might just save him from the delisting he would recieve should some on here have their way :rolleyes: .

J Clayton - He is just a star at this level. Nothing he does surprises me at all.

Hale - Was only ok. Didn't look fit to me.

Urch - Little disapointed in Cal. He played well, but he was a little lazy at times and played like he thought the VFL was not the place for him. It is not, but I didn't like a few things. Still a gun though.

I was also impressed by Josh Gibson. He has improved 50% since mid-year.

A few Port players are not up to senior VFL finals though IMO.

onslaught said:
No problem...Hopefully if Harvey doesnt get back into the side (which I thought looked pretty settled today with an 11/11 split) then he has a big pre-season for next year.
So Harvey didn't make it into the side, even though there was a place available. Fair sign of where he's at.

Remove this Banner Ad

port melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back