Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

There are some rule changes, as it's my baby and there has been some... disappointing opinions in here. The thread is for cheering on picks, you deathride or you have civil conversations in the non-freo thread.

**** Port, **** Pies, **** Saints!!!!

Last edited:
Jack Nicholson Yes GIF by The Taboo Group

Dump Yell GIF by Gogglebox Australia
Don't be a death ride bigot. You need to allow those who are exploring their death ride curious selves.

Be welcoming and you might see the change you want.

Coming in here to bang on about how you can't support West Coast or Carlton under any circumstances is akin to poshman posting in the vent thread - it just doesn't belong.
I'm willing to accept the cognitive dissonance.

If it makes you feel better I'll be swallowing my feelings and supporting Carlton against Port and Collingwood this time round.

It's so simple: there is this thread, and then there are other threads.

It's not a matter of "I think this", "I want that", "I can't get behind them". It's simply a matter of "I want this in this thread", "I want that in that thread".

Am genuinely perplexed at people's inability to understand this.

I hope we finish 2nd or 3rd (only because I don't see us getting to 1st). I hope Carlton are 3rd or 2nd. I hope we trash then in the first final either way - and they go out in straight sets.

And I hope Collingwood, the Saints, and Port all lose every game to see out the season

This thread ain't so hard to understand :p and perfectly serves my hatred of Carlton and the Saints, and my dismissive irrelevance of other teams as non-threats

Animated GIF

Not worried about a dead cat bounce? I'll be pissed if we cop the dead cat bounce from the eagles in the derby
If they are mathematically out of finals I don't care. Even if they finish 9th that is a massive win.

are we allowed to deathride Essendon just because they're arseholes...?! :think:Asking for a friend
Tell you're friend not in this thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I, personally really like Zurhar. As mentioned above, Zuurhaar would likely play so much better in our fwd line vs in North's. He's consistently been a dangerous threat throughout his career, despite the lack of team success.

I do agree that currently Banfield is producing strong performances in the same\similar role but kind of think Zuuurhaaar would help keep Banners on the wing more often and push out JOM as depth or to be redeployed.

I also do think that Zuuuurhaaaar is more loyal than we give credit for and will stay on over there so yay to Shai then instead.

The way the caps going up, kinda think we could get all of them in the end (minus Zuuuuurhaaaaar of course).

Last edited:
Hinkley sacked because they are mathematically out of the finals race. Fingers crossed.

The way this season is it wouldn’t surprise me if Port is in the eight with two weeks to go but finish 12th - that’s how close it looks atm.

I’ve said this without looking at fixtures btw. I know we play them round 24 but for all I know they’re playing Richmond or West Coast at Adelaide Oval in round 23.

I, personally really like Zurhar. As mentioned above, Zuurhaar would likely play so much better in our fwd line vs in North's. He's consistently been a dangerous threat throughout his career, despite the lack of team success.

I do agree that currently Banfield is producing strong performances in the same\similar role but kind of think Zuuurhaaar would help keep Banners on the wing more often and push out JOM as depth or to be redeployed.

I also do think that Zuuuurhaaaar is more loyal than we give credit for and will stay on over there so yay to Shai then instead.

The way the caps going up, kinda think we could get all of them in the end (minus Zuuuuurhaaaaar of course).
It’s apparent that you might only want him on the team for the unadulterated pure pleasure of listening to either the commentary team’s waxing, or the self gratification of screaming his name in the final quarter after a big day out of all things Zuuuuuuuuhaaaaaaaaar…. 😁

Fair enough!!

Ok, just looked at the draw..
Port will only win one more game for the season, the last game against us will confirm pick our shiny Pick number 8 or 9.

The Pies will only win one more game - injuries will catch up - finally …
Pick 6 or 7 coming our way…

Sainters win 2 more games…Adelaide go above them - Pick 22…

So to summarise:
Pick 6, 9, 16(Freo 1st) and 22

Holy shit balls we is minted !! Yeeeww
Finish in Prelim or get to a GF and we walk around like a dog with 2 dicks!!!

Port will only win one more game for the season, the last game against us will confirm pick our shiny Pick number 8 or 9.

So to summarise:

Inject this into my purple veins

I hope we finish 2nd or 3rd (only because I don't see us getting to 1st). I hope Carlton are 3rd or 2nd. I hope we trash then in the first final either way - and they go out in straight sets.

And I hope Collingwood, the Saints, and Port all lose every game to see out the season

This thread ain't so hard to understand :p and perfectly serves my hatred of Carlton and the Saints, and my dismissive irrelevance of other teams as non-threats

Animated GIF
with you on Carlton...

So to summarise:

Sorry to say but you've forgotten the two priority picks North got and traded last year.

Pick 22 would mean St Kilda finishes second last. As much as I'd love them to do that I really can't see that happening. The three teams that make up the bottom three are far too sh**e.

Pick 24 at best.

Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

Back