Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

There are some rule changes, as it's my baby and there has been some... disappointing opinions in here. The thread is for cheering on picks, you deathride or you have civil conversations in the non-freo thread.

**** Port, **** Pies, **** Saints!!!!

Last edited:
I’ve always loved Cartlon. What a team. What a culture. What magnificence. I just love them so much and hope they all play so well. Just such fair, tough players. Especially Cripps. Go Blues. Go so hard.
Yeah "Crippa" is just so likeable, face and all.

Let's ****ing go you Baggers.

TDK injury has me concerned (cant help but feel Port keep getting unbelievably kissed on the dick with injuries and falling into the win by a goal) but if there's one thing you can be sure about, it's Port not beating a top 4 side. From the main board:

The record as coach is around 56% win rate but he’s:

41% in finals
0% in prelims
45% in showdowns
17% against top 4 sides
33% against top 8 sides
27% against former assistants (they know Ken can’t adapt his game plan).
35-3 against North/GC/St Kilda
That's a stunning indictment.

They were in all sorts of bother after Geeeebung drystroked them so fiercely. It took a bloke like Ken to steer them straight on to a simple plan to win winnable games. But wowee, the time, she is up.

That's a stunning indictment.

They were in all sorts of bother after Geeeebung drystroked them so fiercely. It took a bloke like Ken to steer them straight on to a simple plan to win winnable games. But wowee, the time, she is up.
Yeah, at this stage I do feel a bit bad for Port fans. Those stats are nuts

I feel compelled to shine a light on David Kings' wisdom :)sick:)...where he sagely described the benefit to Collingwood in folding their '24 tent, putting their best players in cotton wool now, "playing the kids" and thus getting an early start on preparations for the '25 season.

I feel compelled to shine a light on David Kings' wisdom :)sick:)...where he sagely described the benefit to Collingwood in folding their '24 tent, putting their best players in cotton wool now, "playing the kids" and thus getting an early start on preparations for the '25 season.
Even putting this thread aside it's a sunk cost for Collingwood as the trade is done. From their perspective it just looks slightly worse from their perspective if things go poorly for them but it won't impact them any further directly.

I’ve always rated Kingys thoughts and opinions on the game

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

He does love us! I knew it

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

My rabid hatred of AFL love child Carlton vs the Port death ride is leaving me very conflicted about who I want to win.
Frustrated Headache GIF by Kelly Clarkson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My rabid hatred of AFL love child Carlton vs the Port death ride is leaving me very conflicted about who I want to win.
I hope Carlton win....and so therefore Port lose. Deathride thread and all dat.........BUT..!

In early 2025 after close analysis, it's revealed that Prelim-finishing Carlton did some weird ball-tampering thing throughout 2024 and they are docked 60 AFL points, effectively ruling them out of finals contention for season 2025. There,

everyone wins eventually :D

The fact that you're conflicted, means you're coming around to the deathride wagon.

We've saved you a seat.

Assuming the Hawks can beat Carlton after the Blues have beated Port and Pies back to back, wait until you get the chance to cheer on West Coast and then maybe St Kilda in the last round.
I’ll be honest, I actually loathe Carlton way more than the Eagles right now. Which may change if we drop our bundle tomorrow night.

Ports run home is truely disgusting.

They'll be pushing shit up hill to make finals
Yep,
I hope we haven't completely broken Melbourne as we need them to get their shit together to beat Port & Collingwood plus be above them on the ladder. Melbourne making finals would be good too as a little insurance policy in case we are playing them at some stage.

Assuming the Hawks can beat Carlton after the Blues have beated Port and Pies back to back, wait until you get the chance to cheer on West Coast and then maybe St Kilda in the last round.
the season's fast ending with only a handful of rounds to go before the big 'F', the Deathride fixtures and just the fate of clubs we intensely dislike in and around that feels a bit.....screwy.

Oh well.

We just have to hopscotch the hate around with some supreme tunnel-vision, who we need to win and when. Hard lark this business though....

Remove this Banner Ad

Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

Back