Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

There are some rule changes, as it's my baby and there has been some... disappointing opinions in here. The thread is for cheering on picks, you deathride or you have civil conversations in the non-freo thread.

**** Port, **** Pies, **** Saints!!!!

Last edited:
Crap weekend for the death ride, looks like going 0-3
Nov that bad considering teams we needed to win games to keep Collingwood out of te 8 and Port near the bottom of the 8 won. Both Collingwood ad Port have tough runs home so it could be a case of the wins of GWS, Bulldogs , Hawks and Geelong being important.

I'm so ****ing angry that Port is the only side in their last 100 games or whatever that the Dogs didn't show up for. What a bunch of campaigners.
I'm actually not surprised Carlton have shat the bed, didn't they do this in 2022 in the last game against the Pies to miss finals?! Albeit 1 point...but still!!

I honestly think they're overrated and K/O/T/D by umps, nowhere near as good as they're falsely "lauded". Shit for our deathride though, but honestly wouldn't be surprises if they dropped out the top 4. Bottlers.

I'm actually not surprised Carlton have shat the bed, didn't they do this in 2022 in the last game against the Pies to miss finals?! Albeit 1 point...but still!!

I honestly think they're overrated and K/O/T/D by umps, nowhere near as good as they're falsely "lauded". Shit for our deathride though, but honestly wouldn't be surprises if they dropped out the top 4. Bottlers.
Seem to not handle the expectation that well. Took them a couple of seasons to make finals for the same reason and now they seem to struggle with being expected to be a flag challenge.

Last year was a hail mary free swing with nothing to lose. This year anything other than a GF is a failure, at least from the outside.

Hopefully they've got enough left this week to end the Pies properly. A loss for the Pies and a win for the Dogs is as good as done given their %.

Pies should probably be favourites considering Carlton’s form & the fact it’s Pendles 400th.

The current record for 400th games is 5 wins, zero losses so there appears to be a team lifting element.

Death ride could be tough this week.

Always said Lachie was worth pick 1.

Weller?

Haha. I’d have Schultz back in a heartbeat. I actually feel bad he’s copping it when it’s not his fault others aren’t playing like 2023.
At the same time he walked out, so will be pumped to never see him play finals whilst we make regular appearances and sit alone at seasons end.

Could Pies lose premiership points over the new racism issue?

Imagine…
Black Widow Avengers GIF

Weller?

Haha. I’d have Schultz back in a heartbeat. I actually feel bad he’s copping it when it’s not his fault others aren’t playing like 2023.
At the same time he walked out, so will be pumped to never see him play finals whilst we make regular appearances and sit alone at seasons end.
Schultz is great, but NGL, I am really looking forward to getting that pick from the Pies.

If could end up 6-8. We took Young at 7 and Serong at 8. That's why I am excited.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schultz is great, but NGL, I am really looking forward to getting that pick from the Pies.

If could end up 6-8. We took Young at 7 and Serong at 8. That's why I am excited.
I'm nervous the Bloos are going to continue to absolutely **** us. No sniffs for Pies thanks. They should get the job done with McKay and it shouldnt matter even if they win but I need to concentrate my vibes on Port and relegate Pies to "happy with whatever from here" status

I'm nervous the Bloos are going to continue to absolutely **** us. No sniffs for Pies thanks. They should get the job done with McKay and it shouldnt matter even if they win but I need to concentrate my vibes on Port and relegate Pies to "happy with whatever from here" status
It should be a cracker to watch. Reckon both teams go for it. At full tilt this year, Blues are much better but we're right to be concerned they won't bring it or can't sustain it. Pies also have their number recently.

It's a good idea to lower the expectations on Port.

Knowing the AFL, they will just be stripped of their 1st and 2nd round picks instead. Bad luck that we own it.
In all seriousness last time they did this AFL used the points system as a punishment. I think they took a heap of points off GWS and basically took a first rounder off them.

I'd expect something similar except in the 2025 Draft. The AFL would probably need to ban Collingwood trading their first rounder too.

Premiership points mean **** all when you've missed finals. If anything it just improves your draft situation.

In all seriousness last time they did this AFL used the points system as a punishment. I think they took a heap of points off GWS and basically took a first rounder off them.

I'd expect something similar except in the 2025 Draft. The AFL would probably need to ban Collingwood trading their first rounder too.

Premiership points mean **** all when you've missed finals. If anything it just improves your draft situation.
Wait, they took draft points off them? When did that happen?

Get to the G on Saturday and boo Pendles.
****, that would be hilarious. Imagine a block of Tigers supporters in yellow and black just booing the crap out of the Pies. BT would have no idea what the **** is happening

Remove this Banner Ad

Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

Back