Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

There are some rule changes, as it's my baby and there has been some... disappointing opinions in here. The thread is for cheering on picks, you deathride or you have civil conversations in the non-freo thread.

**** Port, **** Pies, **** Saints!!!!

Last edited:
Yeah, both 2nds, last years was like 33 or something by draft night and this years will be 40+

Ah got ya…I didn’t move the first second backwards.

That last game at home is going to be something…hopefully by then they have imploded completely and we can pound the shit out of them, get Kern sacked and take pick 7 off them

Last edited:

Then leave the thread and don’t return!

I’ll never cheer on Carlton ever. Having said that I hate them enough to pretty much avoid their games. I used to be the same with West Coast except the last few years their games have been some quality comic relief.

I’ve just looked at the ladder and Port Adelaide’s record is 11-7.

On Saturday morning all that matters is whether they’re 11-8 or 12-7. I hope it’s 11-8 and will just give Carlton’s win as much respect as it deserves (by completely ignoring)*.

* - **** the AFL for making this game the Friday night one and making it relevant to my footy tipping comp.

I’ll never cheer on Carlton ever. Having said that I hate them enough to pretty much avoid their games. I used to be the same with West Coast except the last few years their games have been some quality comic relief.

I’ve just looked at the ladder and Port Adelaide’s record is 11-7.

On Saturday morning all that matters is whether they’re 11-8 or 12-7. I hope it’s 11-8 and will just give Carlton’s win as much respect as it deserves (by completely ignoring)*.

* - **** the AFL for making this game the Friday night one and making it relevant to my footy tipping comp.
Carn the Blues! (Except rounds 22, 23 and likely finals)

Carn the Blues! (Except rounds 22, 23 and likely finals)

I’ll put it this way there’s no way I’m getting happy about a Carlton or West Coast win. I’m not capable of doing so.

It’s a necessary evil for death ride I guess but I’ll only be happy about Port Adelaide losing. Carlton and West Coast can get ****ed. Hope they both never win a game again except against Port and Collingwood this season.

We’ve historically had more than our fair share.

Anyway, no injury chanting. Got it!
besides, it's more satisfying to see teams shit the bed at full strength anyway

I know the risk of losing to them is a frightening prospect but I can't stress how much I want to beat Carlton in a high-stakes final. Preferably in Melbourne.

I'd love to be 5 points down with 5 seconds to go and get an absolute bullshit call go our way with a 50 meter penalty giving us the win. I'd drink the tears.
You guys must live in a parallel universe to me
The VFL would never let these things happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, the next 2 weeks are the ultimate death ride games - where 2 of our death ride teams the ‘Captain Schultz Pies’ and the ‘Josh Carr in waiting Power’ will go down in consecutive weeks to the Princes Park paper baggers - the Cardboard kings - Carl-flog-ton…
After these two games are completed and the Walls prophecy is about to be assured - deathriders unite in prayer and grab a Judd doll, head down to St Pats in Freo and down the kaaarnt in holy water, cross yourselves, repent by repeating 10 hail Treacy’s and 20 holy Darcy’s - this will cleanse our souls of supporting the Poos for two straight weeks…

God will smile upon us, we take care of our own games, finish in second and……

End up with Pick 5 and 7….
And the Sainters are just poo…
Yeeewwww….

In the words of one hell of annoying Crows supporter and ok tennis player, that stole the svitcht from Mats Wilander 🇸🇪
COME OOONNN !!!!- LFG Freo
They are win / lose games. No matter the result we still win something.

This weeks key games.

Essendon vs St Kilda
It is more important Essendon get the win, than St Kilda get the loss here. We need the bombers and Hawks pushing up the ladder, so Port slides.

Hawks vs Adelaide
Sure Hawks must win this one.
We need the bombers and Hawks pushing up the ladder, so Port slides.

Collingwood vs Richmond
This is Collingwood's one easy game for the next 5.

Carlton vs Port
Hard to see Carlton losing this.

This weeks key games.

Essendon vs St Kilda
It is more important Essendon get the win, than St Kilda get the loss here. We need the bombers and Hawks pushing up the ladder, so Port slides.

Hawks vs Adelaide

Collingwood vs Richmond

Carlton vs Port

Adelaide to beat Hawthorn
Adelaide could win all their remaining games and still miss out on finals. But they can destroy other teams hopes in the process, and push Pies and Port down.

Richmond to beat Collingwood
Richmond may have circled this game as a win against Collingwood - Dusty even turned up for training this week.

Gold Coast to defeat Brisbane
We also need Gold Coast to keep playing, so they can push Collingwood and Port down the ladder. And they haven’t lost a home game this year.

I’m thinking picks 4, 6, 18 and 26

This weeks key games.

Essendon vs St Kilda

Hawks vs Adelaide

Collingwood vs Richmond

Carlton vs Port
Really not sure where I want the St Kilda game to go tbh.

If Adelaide win that means St Kilda's ladder position doesn't change.

If Richmond plays four quarters like the first three they played against Port they're a big chance against Collingwood imo.

If the other two results go our way I'd actually rather St Kilda win. If Collingwood lose to Richmond they're not winning again this season and if St Kilda win they'd only need one more win to draw level with Collingwood. The difference in percentage is 1-2% which is nothing - I'd expect St Kilda to have better percentage of they win two more games than Collingwood.

As I said a few days ago we want Adelaide winning as much as possible for four reasons:
  • Them staying above St Kilda
  • Them potentially rising above Collingwood
  • A win in the showdown would be another loss for Port
  • A win or two against top eight contenders makes Freo's life a little bit easier. It'd be nice if it was mathematically impossible to miss finals in 2 or 3 weeks.

Last edited:
Imagine turning Schultz into Cooper Simpson and 2025 ND pick 1,2 or 3.

That surpasses the greatness of the Weller Trade.

All will be forgiven for the
Neale>Hogan (2 years and 19 games)>Brandon Walker trade shenanigans
I watched a mock draft yesterday and it seems like most of the top 10's are basically all mids at this stage.
If we can't get any trades done this year, I wonder if the Collingwood pick packaged with Saints' second rounder would be enough to tempt the Eagles for their future first?

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

Completely understand the death ride but still not 100% convinced that a pick one spot higher or lower, on an untried player, in a supposedly even draft pool is more important than giving ourselves the best chance this year. I'll just take the thread ban over hoping Carlton win their next two games. We're still a chance for top 2 or 3 if other sides falter and we don't.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Completely understand the death ride but still not 100% convinced that a pick one spot higher or lower, on an untried player, in a supposedly even draft pool is more important than giving ourselves the best chance this year. I'll just take the thread ban over hoping Carlton win their next two games. We're still a chance for top 2 or 3 if other sides falter and we don't.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Will Smith Reaction GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

Back