Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

There are some rule changes, as it's my baby and there has been some... disappointing opinions in here. The thread is for cheering on picks, you deathride or you have civil conversations in the non-freo thread.

**** Port, **** Pies, **** Saints!!!!

Last edited:
Death, taxes and Gold Coast being disappointing.
The suns are a fake club. They should be wound up. I don’t believe they will ever ever play finals. Light years off it.

All the draft picks in the world can’t buy a soul. I reckon the AFL have sunk $150m into that team and all for nothing.

As for the deathride I’ve kinda lost interest since it appears we will be giving these picks to Richmond for Bolton and maybe baker regardless. Does it really matter if we end up with 7 or 9 or 10? It’s tigers fans that should be in here deathriding really.

The suns are a fake club. They should be wound up. I don’t believe they will ever ever play finals. Light years off it.

All the draft picks in the world can’t buy a soul. I reckon the AFL have sunk $150m into that team and all for nothing.

As for the deathride I’ve kinda lost interest since it appears we will be giving these picks to Richmond for Bolton and maybe baker regardless. Does it really matter if we end up with 7 or 9 or 10? It’s tigers fans that should be in here deathriding really.

GWS are equally as soulless IMO. Doesn’t change anything that’s they’ve been more successful. No fans. No one cares.

These clubs play in two team states and still sell games to alternative venues. Enough said.

Also reckon you’re way off with $150million sunk into the Gold Coast tbh. Add a zero to that at least.

There is such a vibe around pendles 400th here in Melbourne this week. This is like a GF for the pies. I can’t see them letting Carlton spoil the party unfortunately.

Blues have a lot to play for, not only beating a rival, but top 4.

Not sure Pies have the cattle, or the cohesion. I think the Pies will have a crack, but would be surprised if they win. Need to start well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely finishing top 4 or even top 2 takes precedence over whether we get pick 7 or pick 9 from Collingwood, or pick 12 v pick 14 from port?

I’m not sure about the rest of you but winning in September is far more important than winning in October or November.

Serious footy clubs win in September. Let’s leave the October and November victories to the Gold Coast suns, and the Stephen silvagni and Adrian Dodoro types.

Port and pies victories today please, to do the Fremantle footy club a big favour.

If you asked JL or any of our players who they would prefer to see losing both games tonight and they won’t hesitate to give you the same answer - our direct rivals Carlton and Sydney.

Blues have a lot to play for, not only beating a rival, but top 4.

Not sure Pies have the cattle, or the cohesion. I think the Pies will have a crack, but would be surprised if they win. Need to start well.
Maybe so. It’s a 50:50 game at best for me. I’ve been rather taken aback by how poor Carlton have been in recent weeks. Absolutely rudderless against port with a real lack of on field leadership last week.

The pies haven’t been much better but the emotion of a club legends 400th has to count for a lot.

If we had ever managed to get Mundy to 400 I’d expect our boys to run through brick walls to win him that game.

Surely finishing top 4 or even top 2 takes precedence over whether we get pick 7 or pick 9 from Collingwood, or pick 12 v pick 14 from port?

I’m not sure about the rest of you but winning in September is far more important than winning in October or November.

Serious footy clubs win in September. Let’s leave the October and November victories to the Gold Coast suns, and the Stephen silvagni and Adrian Dodoro types.

Port and pies victories today please, to do the Fremantle footy club a big favour.

If you asked JL or any of our players who they would prefer to see losing both games tonight and they won’t hesitate to give you the same answer - our direct rivals Carlton and Sydney.
This is the death ride thread.

Where picks take precedence over anything.

the lord of the rings GIF

All we need is Brisbane dropping one more game and we take care of our end. Winning these last 4 is well within our capabilities. We haven't had a big win streak this season so getting 6 on the trot now is the perfect run into a real tilt. No difference between finishing 1st and 2nd aside from who you play in week 1.

If we can't beat 2 middling sides on the road and win our last 2 at home with what's at stake then what are we doing?

confused schitts creek GIF by CBC

But this is the death ride thread.... where we death ride things...

I feel like the Deathride thread is a bit like an S & M dungeon. You sorta wanna peek in, see what it's all about but the moment you come in and have to sit down, you immediately start feeling uncomfortable, sweaty & salacious.

Then afterwards you feel kind of dirty and emancipated all in one go, depending on the outcome.

Sad times brothers & sisters, sad times..

Remove this Banner Ad

Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

Back