Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

There are some rule changes, as it's my baby and there has been some... disappointing opinions in here. The thread is for cheering on picks, you deathride or you have civil conversations in the non-freo thread.

**** Port, **** Pies, **** Saints!!!!

Last edited:
Port are now my least favourite team. One of the luckiest prelim teams I can remember.
At least now I can death tide conscience clear next week. All aboard the all Sydney GF - CHOO CHOO

Swans have to turn around 120 points on the last results and a 8-0 record or something stupid.

It's honestly bonkers how much has fallen Port's way this year.

They were terrific today.
The pressure was insane but the ball handling (especially) and forward entries for both teams were ****. Could have convinced me it was a Freo game (except both teams pressuring rules that out).

What I am referring to is Port's absolutely insane close game record this year.

I will literally go against my thread and have Port win if it means Hawks losing and I dont have to read 6 months of crying about them
The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

You know what you did

I’m not exactly sad the hawks lost. Top 6, I will be intrigued by their draw next year. Pick 14 for Barrass seems fair.

Disappointed for our pick from Port, but due to F/S academy our 2nd round picks in both years are in the 30s.
Assume someone can help and do the exact calculation:

Essentially 2x 2nd round picks (30ish + 30ish + Shultz) = pick 9 and pick 16

So hypothetically this trade in 2023 best to worst for Fremantle:
1. Pick 30+ Pick 30 + Shultz = Shai Bolton
2. Pick 30 + pick 30 +pick 11 = Shai Bolton
3. Shultz +pick 11= Shai Bolton

Every option has us keeping one first round pick either pick 10,11 or 17 assuming giving Richmond 2x first rounders.

… start the car ladies and gentlemen.

Those Tigers supporters ask for 3 we can just walk away. Vic media has been talking this draft up like a super draft we walk away and take the 3 picks. Shai can stay at tigers. West coast can’t afford him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sucks for the deathride, best we can hope for now is pick 16 given Port finished top 2 and are playing in a prelim. But I have to say, ** the hawks and ** Sam Mitchell

What if Geelong lose their prelim? Does winning the first final make them usurp Port? Or does it go back to H&A rankings?

What if Geelong lose their prelim? Does winning the first final make them usurp Port? Or does it go back to H&A rankings?
Port's revised finishing range being now 1-3. Lose next week then they finish 3rd, being the 2nd seed going into the finals (the other loser next week necessarily being a lower ranked finalist than them.... ie only Sydney being higher).

Port's revised finishing range being now 1-3. Lose next week then they finish 3rd, being the 2nd seed going into the finals (the other loser next week necessarily being a lower ranked finalist than them.... ie only Sydney being higher).
Yep - best we can hope for now is 16. We needed Sydney to lose last week. 14 would have been nice but now whether it is 16 or 18 doesn’t make much difference I feel.

We won't have that pick anyway, Richmond should be praying over it, we want Sydney to win and win the flag so we poach Warner from them and win the next three flags ourselves.
This. Warner should be our number one target this year. Poort have shown that an elite midfield can make up significantly for an average forwardline and defence.

This. Warner should be our number one target this year. Poort have shown that an elite midfield can make up significantly for an average forwardline and defence.
Well our midfield was totally elite this year.

Not saying boosting it with Warner wouldn't be good, but I wouldn't want to be neglecting our forwardline either.

Well our midfield was totally elite this year.

Not saying boosting it with Warner wouldn't be good, but I wouldn't want to be neglecting our forwardline either.
Yes it isn't as simple as the midfield being elite.

Port's midfield has a fantastic balance. If Johnson has improvement in him then ours does too, but Warner adds another dimension.

What Warner brings is rotational value. He's dangerous in other positions. Bolton as well. They impact in the forward 50.

I wouldn't agree with you arsesmart that grabbing Warner would be neglecting our forward line. He would enable our forward line.

I wouldn't agree with you arsesmart that grabbing Warner would be neglecting our forward line. He would enable our forward line.
I never said that it would. The post mine was in response to intimated putting the eggs in the midfield basket and not elsewhere.

Not sure on the case Port's midfield is particularly more balanced than ours. But there you go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

Back