Opinion Positive aspects of the Adelaide Football Club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nicks_out_now

Rookie
Jun 27, 2024
AFL Club
Adelaide
I am fully aware there are plenty of negative and disappointing parts of the Adelaide Football Club right now and those aspects get covered all the time in different threads. This isn't about sacking anyone or telling others how revolting the match day selection is.

However, as the saying goes, things are never as bad as they seem or as good as they seem. The Adelaide Football Club has quite a few good things going for it, but they get overlooked based on the position the club finds itself in.

Some of my positive aspects of the club right now...

Max Michaeleanney: He has had a fantastic start to his career and hasn't missed a beat. Potentially a future captain and someone who can play 300 games.

Mitchell Hinge: he's turned into a very reliable defender who can add run and dash from the half back flank. A great pickup as a delisted free agent.

Jake Soligo: his development as a pure midfielder showed some light to resurrecting the soleless midfield from the past.

Jordan Dawson: a fantastic player, leader, and captain who has won us and kept us in many games. Adore his development from half back to midfield to top 20 players in the AFL.

Izac Rankine: Like Dawson from Sydney, Rankine was a great recuit from the Suns, and his move onto the midfield has totally rounded out his game. His form this season has been his best football and now showing his true ability

Luke Nankervis, Josh Worrell, and Mark Keane: Overall, those 3 have had a good season. I think the Swans game was a poor game for Keane, but his forn and development have overall been a positive. Something to build on. He's turned onto a very good KPP. Worrell and Nankervis have not put a foot wrong since being given a chance.

The season hasn't gone to plan, but the Carlton win was amazing. Any showdown win is a great feeling of relief, and the victory over the Giants allowed for a big big sound to me made.

I'm am extremely sure you have seen plenty of positives that don't get spoken about.

We have got a great club that's just a but shit right now. It's not all shit. Let's hear your positive things from season 2024.

vb20nr.gif

To be fair I think you negative posters should leave this thread be as a safe haven, I expect it to flourish

We all understand the club is not in a good spot. We all get that, but there are 9000 negative threads to post that innuendo in.

If people genuinely care about the club, they should be able to find one or two positive aspects. Instead of the plethora of negativity that gets posted.

But it's very easy to tell who the trolls are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We all understand the club is not in a good spot. We all get that, but there are 9000 negative threads to post that innuendo in.

If people genuinely care about the club, they should be able to find one or two positive aspects. Instead of the plethora of negativity that gets posted.

But it's very easy to tell who the trolls are.
I actually agree in the premise of the thread and it should be left for positive posts

Rankine has become elite.
Fog has taken a step forward.
Soligo, Max, Rachele and Worrell are quality young players who could become A graders.
Nankervis, Dowling and Taylor are all showing potential despite being late picks.

Rankine has become elite.
Fog has taken a step forward.
Soligo, Max, Rachele and Worrell are quality young players who could become A graders.
Nankervis, Dowling and Taylor are all showing potential despite being late picks.
Thank you for showing respect to the thread by answering both a very reasonable response.

I'm liking the backline we're putting together. Has some speed, versatility and rebound.

Some talls Butts, Murray
Interceptors Worrell, Keane
Mediums Michalanney, Hinge, Hamill, Nankervis
With Curtin and Ryan in the mix

Now this is what I'm talking bout!!! 😎
My sorta thread!!

But it's too cold to go on the computer and I'm not typing it out on my phone, so it'll have to wait, soz.

We've persisted with classy Cook through some quiet games

I really like Cook and think he's got plenty out of the season.

He really looks like an AFL player and his performance justify his selection. Fantastic kicking, brilliant snd usually selflist gut running to get in the right spot.

He's got plenty going for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back