Opinion Positive aspects of the Adelaide Football Club.

Remove this Banner Ad

We gave Sloaney the perfect send off after he announced his retirement, spanking the other mob, followed by him being chaired off between a line of respect from both teams. That it was also Curtin's debut game made it even better.

You know what?
I must be the luckiest bloke in the world. I don’t have to worry about playing footy. I don’t have to worry about making footy decisions. In fact all I have to worry about is who I’m taking to the footy and what alcohol I’m sneaking in. I got the best job in the world.

You know what?
I must be the luckiest bloke in the world. I don’t have to worry about playing footy. I don’t have to worry about making footy decisions. In fact all I have to worry about is who I’m taking to the footy and what alcohol I’m sneaking in. I got the best job in the world.
Are you Ken Hinkley?

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Are you Ken Hinkley?

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Now that you mention it, I see the comparison. You reckon he’s got some rum in that can he’s always drinking from? If he does, I’ll take back everything I ever said about him!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am fully aware there are plenty of negative and disappointing parts of the Adelaide Football Club right now and those aspects get covered all the time in different threads. This isn't about sacking anyone or telling others how revolting the match day selection is.

However, as the saying goes, things are never as bad as they seem or as good as they seem. The Adelaide Football Club has quite a few good things going for it, but they get overlooked based on the position the club finds itself in.

Some of my positive aspects of the club right now...

Max Michaeleanney: He has had a fantastic start to his career and hasn't missed a beat. Potentially a future captain and someone who can play 300 games.

Mitchell Hinge: he's turned into a very reliable defender who can add run and dash from the half back flank. A great pickup as a delisted free agent.

Jake Soligo: his development as a pure midfielder showed some light to resurrecting the soleless midfield from the past.

Jordan Dawson: a fantastic player, leader, and captain who has won us and kept us in many games. Adore his development from half back to midfield to top 20 players in the AFL.

Izac Rankine: Like Dawson from Sydney, Rankine was a great recuit from the Suns, and his move onto the midfield has totally rounded out his game. His form this season has been his best football and now showing his true ability

Luke Nankervis, Josh Worrell, and Mark Keane: Overall, those 3 have had a good season. I think the Swans game was a poor game for Keane, but his forn and development have overall been a positive. Something to build on. He's turned onto a very good KPP. Worrell and Nankervis have not put a foot wrong since being given a chance.

The season hasn't gone to plan, but the Carlton win was amazing. Any showdown win is a great feeling of relief, and the victory over the Giants allowed for a big big sound to me made.

I'm am extremely sure you have seen plenty of positives that don't get spoken about.

We have got a great club that's just a but shit right now. It's not all shit. Let's hear your positive things from season 2024.
Didn't want to post this under your John Who account? Pretending to be anti Nicks when we all know you loved the two year extension?

What are your expectations for 2025 John?

To the OP, I've had some fun in here, thanks, and kudos (credit due for looking for positives :thumbsu:).

No need for me to post mine. I'd only be repeating those below in the very good post by Crow_68:
Positives for me:
AFLW team, always competitive
Thebbie, finally away from the wasteland that is West Lakes
Adelaide Oval
Roo off the board next season
Chapman the Fraud no longer around
Ned on the outer
Murray and Thilthorpe back
Rankine in the guts
Our Skipper
Max - future captain
Building a good core of youngsters despite our best efforts to ruin them
Balance of left and right footers, not sure any other team in the league has this.
This forum, a safe haven away from the Happy Clappers
2024 is not all bad, but overall would you say this has been a good year where the positives have outweighed the negatives? :think:
I would not.

You know what?
... and the best paid! Well summarised, thanks Nicksy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back