Review Positives & negatives vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Negatives. People blaming Drew for the loss. One of the few blokes who can hold his head up tonight.
Leaders kick goals when needed, not pass off (miss the pass too).

I'd rather he backed himself in every day of the week.

After an effort like that it really makes me wonder why I invest emotionally and financially in this club.

I've said this 100 times, we have a group of players where the majority of them are just happy to play AFL Football.

Im at that stage now.

650 is a lot to piss away every year for this rubbish.

Only North supporters know this feeling better than anyone. We are masters of this type of loss.

I'll go as far as to say, this was a typical North loss in the post Pagan era.

Im not sure how longer I can stay as a supporter. The last 2 years have drained every ounce of enjoyment I have for the game.

The young bloke has been telling me North is shit for years now. He has converted to basketball, might be time to join him.. Can't believe the shit we are being dished up.

No positives. No negatives. Just a bunch of capable but stupid, weak footballers, their loyal but misguided and naive coach and a dedicated bunch of fans who feel cheated buying into them. It's never going to happen for this group. I'll go next week but I'm kind of numb towards them.

Yeah he kicked 4 out of 9. He did his job.

Dean Laidley is twice the coach of Brad Scott, he knew how to get the best out of players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. Get the best out of whom?

Certainly not Wells. Certainly not Petrie.

Certainly not the 300 1st round draft picks he had access too.

Guy was a *******.

Absolutely no positives from this one, only one i could find was Max Warren debuting and that is scraping the barrel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously no football IQ amongst any of them. If you hack or soccer it forward near the boundary, don't do it on the bloody full, along the ground.
Seriously dumb footballers we have. Don't deserve to play finals ahead of Bombers and Crows imo. So disappointing

Surely we kick it out on the full more than any other team?

Long time reader, first time poster on the North forums but just have to say:

The level of knee-jerk in these bunch of posts is literally disgusting.
Whenever we pull through for a hard-fought win, there is nothing but praise for every man and his dog.
After any loss (regardless of how well the opposition played) it's "sack Scott", "we are f***ing useless" etc.

How about your first assess your ultra-reactive opinions before posting, and get behind your team that has showed so much promise in 2014.

I'll support and get behind my boys no matter what the result, anyone who doesn't should be ashamed to support our great club.
We can still very much be a threat come finals time.
Come off t mate. You must be a nicer person than I am. I too will support the guys no matter what, but we were putrid tonight and the most annoying thing was I knew it would happen. I could smell it from last week. I knew we'd lose tonight because it's so North Melbourne.

Sitting here tears in my eyes.

Positive - had two hours to get used to the idea of losing. I was sadder after the close games thrown away last year.

Negative - now I'm just mad instead.

Yeah that kick was a serious wtf moment, needs it's own thread and stickied too, probably our dumbest footballer for the last 15 years and this is an exclamation point on his career, wouldn't make the Bessiebelle hall of fame.

Yeah, it's certainly better to gift games to anyone and everyone taken within the top 30 who 'wants to play for North' regardless of effort.

That philosophy has worked so well. Light years ahead of Laidley not getting the absolute best out of Wells.

Yeah he kicked 4 out of 9. He did his job.
Not questioning his efforts, just saying a leader should be kicking those, especially a KPF like he is.
Swallow can also hold is head up high.

By the way, not everything here should be classified as advocating Laidley to return to the top job.

If anything, most here probably see Laidley as a good average coach who did a reasonable job for us at a damn tough time, not a world-beater by any means. A good strategist with a lot of man-management issues to work on.

Yes?

Cool.

So it's an indictment, then, that the current bunch are considered less capable than Laidley and co., not a yearning for a return to any halcyon days. An indictment on the current lot, and that's all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Positives & negatives vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Back