Autopsy Post Game discussion Pies v Port. Down by 3

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm honestly more upset by how incredibly aggravating the commentary team was than how we played.
It's the first time I've watched the football with no sound
they were terrible

We committed too many numbers to inside the stoppage leaving Port players free on the outside to either take clean possession or tackle when we got it.

When we were chasing someone with the ball we'd have a player run off his man to pressure the ball character only for the ball to end up with that now loose man.

Finally we fumbled, slipped and laid soft tackles for much of the game. We showed a lot of effort, just terrible structure and decision making, not to mention poor execution.

Couple this with terrible team selection and we never stood a chance.

We are three games into our horror block for no wins. The game against West Coast is now a must win for us to make finals in my opinion.

If i see one mention of this "brave" bullshit, i'll lose it.

Disgusted, completely disgusted.

Elliott is a downhill skier, Cloke is just a liability - Langdon & Oxley are treacle slow - Marsh & Scharenberg get ready boys
We weren't good tonight but your last paragraph is just as terrible

Wow. I don't know what to say. A lot of things are inexcusable tonight. I'm one of the ones that defends this team without question normally.

But tonight, well, if we knew market was out a few days ago why didn't we have a suitable replacement for him.

I'm not taking a shot at draft because he's a kid, but it's plain to see he needs another pre season or 2 and till he builds up his strength base dry weather games - not his fault, but the people that selected him to play.

Witts and Grundy? Not tonight.

Bombing it in constantly, spoiling our own players, shit kicking, inability to play the game on our terms.

This is by far the most disappointing performance of the year.

Honourable losses are not honourable..... Inability to win close games is not a good trait. We are young so we will improve. Next week is a must win or we may as well plan for next year.

We need greenwood.

It was brave because the boys never stopped trying.

You are the worst kind of supporter Kappa. You expect perfection and when it enevitably does not occur you sink the boots in. You represent everything that is bad about Big Footy. It's games like this that I wish I had never heard of Big Footy because posters like you make the loses so much worse.

You spent the whole night whinging and crying Jmac, what a massive hypocrite you are.

I expect players to not drop chest marks or make incredibly stupid decisions regularly, I guess that's expecting perfection though coming from a genius like you. If you're going to cry all the time just leave, no one is forcing you to stay.

My Thoughts:

• Worst Game All Year. Beaten everywhere
  • Bucks Was Idiotic to Play Grundy Instead of Kennedy in the Wet. Lot to Answer For
  • Forward Line Non-Exsistent
  • Scumps gave us nothing
  • We where Beaten in the Midfield.
  • Adams was Good but Sucked in mentally in the 3rd qtr. Get a 1-2 Week Holiday
  • Pendles Got lot of the Ball but Ball Use in to Forward Line was Poor
  • Moore Tried but Hey did no Worse then some of the Other Players
  • Maynard was big in 2nd Qtr but Paniced Late in Game
  • Our Ball Use under Pressure is Pathetic
We have made it hard to make the Finals and what I saw tonight we could do what we did last year and Fade in the 2nd Half of the Season

Hate to say I told you so, but I told you so....

My mate and picked this 2 weeks ago during the 3rd quarter of the Freo game.

We said, two honorable losses and then we'll drop the game to Port.

Now we'll drop 4, maybe 5 in a row and season is over.

God I wish we had a buyout system in the AFL.

****ing Cloke... The gorilla forward days of AFL are dead you ****ing idiots. Case in point Witts tonight being continually scragged and when he retaliates even the slightest he gets penalised.

If Cloke ain't leading up the ground he's useless these days. 1 handball in 40 minutes of footy won't cut it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players had a crack and we had enough of it in the last to get over the line, but think it was poor game all round. 2 rucks worked well, but we had 1 tall too many in the side. Our structure looked so much better when Frost was off with concussion and it's unfortunate Broomhead got injured. The wet weather should have suited him and it meant we couldn't sub a tall.

How good was Sidebottom tonight he really found some nice form in the last half and in the last quarter he looked a class above everyone.

Port deserved to win the game. I am happy that we fought it out and at least we can take some encouragement from that. Premiership sides are built through the lessons learnt from nights like tonight. We need to look beyond this season.

Cloke is THE most overpaid player in AFL football.

Probably would of won the game if our match committee wasn't so stupid

Darcy Moore is CLEARLY not ready for AFL football.

De Goey should NOT of been the sub, was huge when he came on.

These were the PERFECT conditions for Ben Kenendy to finally be given a chance after dominating VFL footy all year, instead they chose a 2nd ******* ruckmen in a night horrible for talls. Mind boggling

If I was Kennedy I'd be close to walking out on the club, amazing how 1st year kids and ruckmen can just walk into the team after he dominates VFL footy every week
Give it up mate.

I bet you would have been the first to enjoy a victory had it come out way. Supporters like you disappoint me.

Darcy Moore will be better for the experience.

How many times did we have posters/supporters calling for young guys to be dropped, only for them to come good? Adams anyone?

Yes, Grundy for Williams confused me but it didn't cost us the match.

People are also forgetting how good Williams has been this year.

We committed too many numbers to inside the stoppage leaving Port players free on the outside to either take clean possession or tackle when we got it.

When we were chasing someone with the ball we'd have a player run off his man to pressure the ball character only for the ball to end up with that now loose man.

Finally we fumbled, slipped and laid soft tackles for much of the game. We showed a lot of effort, just terrible structure and decision making, not to mention poor execution.

Couple this with terrible team selection and we never stood a chance.

We are three games into our horror block for no wins. The game against West Coast is now a must win for us to make finals in my opinion.
Terrific post. Spot on

Wow. I don't know what to say. A lot of things are inexcusable tonight. I'm one of the ones that defends this team without question normally.

But tonight, well, if we knew market was out a few days ago why didn't we have a suitable replacement for him.

I'm not taking a shot at draft because he's a kid, but it's plain to see he needs another pre season or 2 and till he builds up his strength base dry weather games - not his fault, but the people that selected him to play.

Witts and Grundy? Not tonight.

Bombing it in constantly, spoiling our own players, shit kicking, inability to play the game on our terms.

This is by far the most disappointing performance of the year.

Honourable losses are not honourable..... Inability to win close games is not a good trait. We are young so we will improve. Next week is a must win or we may as well plan for next year.

We need greenwood.
We need to pull a Port and swing the axe.
5 plus changes based on performances tonight.

what about Grundy on the wing with about 2min to go.
Yeah that was a shocker too, especially when they took a goal off us for Witts doing the exact same thing and slinging in the contest :mad::mad::mad::mad:

But the high tackle on Oxley was just standard everyday stuff you always pay

Pretty sure my neighbor thinks theres some serious domestic violence going on in my house, wont be suprised if the cops come knocking.

Horrible coaching tonight Bucks. Horrible. From the selection table, to allowing Broadbent to do as he pleases all night, to allowing Toovey to even exist.

Terrible. Season done.

Please don't come back when we are winning games and make the finals.

Why would you bring in a ruckmen as a late change when its pouring rain...

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Post Game discussion Pies v Port. Down by 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back