Autopsy Post Mortem vs Norf (Pies 84 def by Norf 124)

Remove this Banner Ad

Shit structures in the centre bounces, that cost us the game make no mistake, too many players in the middle unwilling to get hands dirty.
Once again too many shitty little handballs that sold team mates under pressure, we have no spread from a contested situation so it is too hard to get separation.
We were pathetic tonight as a team, not too many guys had shockers individually but the same old story of working too hard for everything came to the surface again.

I don't even know where to start. Sometimes I wish I wasn't as invested in football as much as I am. I get really tired of losing and spending all week building up to our next game full of hope and excitement, only to feel deflated and dejected because of our performance. I wish I didn't care as much as I do.

These last two weeks have been painful, slow starts have resulted in us spending 8 of the last 8 quarters fighting an up hill battle that we've ultimately lost.

In trying to find some peace, I'll search for some positives, because I'm sure there will be plenty of negatives flooding the board in the coming hours and weeks.

Grundy was good again, Goldstein not quite the same man as last year, but still quality. Josh Smith did some nice things, thought he was burning out, but played his role. James Aish continues to build nicely. Maynard is really a live by the sword, die by the sword type. He wasn't our worst, I liked his game despite a lot of dissatisfaction from the rest of the board. Moore had a serviceable game. I'll give a mention to Nathan Brown too, who played a pretty tight game on his name sake.

I don't want to get too in depth on the negatives, but there's a few I want to touch on. Crisp, Varcoe, Blair, all have moments but aren't doing enough. Fasolo and Cloke may as well have not played. Howe was a butcher when the heat was up in the first quarter, Marley Williams just about had his worst game for the club, he needs to take a good hard look at himself after tonight. He's really gone backwards this year if I'm being blunt (yes I know he's had injuries). Midfield got out worked when the game was in its early stages, lack of pressure (on Wells especially) put the backline under more strain than it could handle.

As dumb as this might sound, regardless of only being 17 points down with 5 minutes to go, it already felt like 40.

What a lousy comment, he was the only forward apart from Darcy having a crack.
Our discipline and footskills cost us any chance.

Too many passengers tonight, we talked this game up but failed dismally across the board.

Good effort from Norf.
I must've been watching a completely different game to you. Darcy spent most of the first three quarters doing his best Ryan Lonie impersonation, not chasing, running only one way, falling off tackles. An up-to standard last does not excuse a very pathetic first three quarters.

Two weeks in a row it's the first 15 minutes where the game has been lost.
Some good signs from then on, we seriously were never making finals this years so it's all about player development anyway

On behalf of BigFooty, can I say we're all gutted you didn't get up. If North had buggered that up, it would have been glorious.

Oh and Darcy Moore is a jet
Look on the bright side you and everyone will now be able to laugh as they get smashed in the first week of the finals.

Chances are they'll again believe that they're a couple of 30 year old recruits shy of the flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bucks obviously told them to attack the man.

At qtr time in 1990 lethal told them forget the man... attack the ball.

I have always backed Bucks as coach, until tonight. He lost control of his team. I want Collingwood to start winning again.

I want Bucks out.

Shocking motivation for our players tonight... none of them know how to harness aggression.

That IS the coachs fault.

Thanks for the dreams Bucks, you're a Collingwood Legend forever.

Now lets go get someone like Bomber Thompson and start playing finals again.

Bucks you lost control of our club tonight.

Thanks... but you are out.

Tonight summed up where the CFC is at.

We are currently an average, inconsistent team, and we've lost respect in the footy world.

It doesn't sit well with me, I'm FILTHY with where we are at.

Can the leadership at the CFC please stand up and fix this mess ASAP!
We aren't average we are well below average.

Disagree effort was inconsistent and with some non existent. Too much left to too few. Pendlebury really should have had a break can't run and little penetration in his kicking.
Agree, Pendles looked cooked all night right from the start.. obviously carrying something. Not blaming him but our mids were smashed embarrassingly tonight. 8-0 center clearances at one stage... smashed like we were last week.

They got killed in the middle from the get go and it didn't look like any alterations were made until quarter time...

Divesay Divemas can eat a bag of roosters.

Hope Sinclair is ok. His brain has got to be scrambled after the last few months.

Grundy got schooled in the ruck and that is where it all fell down. Midfield got slammed. Allowed them to run onto the loose ball off the centre bounces far too often.

Sinclair has to learn not to run into things with his head.

Grundy was smashed in the ruck. Not good.

Cloke -- does he get dropped now? He was invisible.

Fasolo -- really disappointing tonight.

Blair -- a good game for a tryer.

Adams, Pendles, Treloar stood up as usual.

Oh well, year is over. I'd just like to see us play a more settled side for a while. Maybe a few changes, but basically our best 22. We need continuity more than anything. These player have to play together a lot to really start to click.

Two weeks in a row it's the first 15 minutes where the game has been lost.
Some good signs from then on, we seriously were never making finals this years so it's all about player development anyway
I'd go as far to say this is all too common over our last few years.

We just don't play good football consistently over 4 qtrs and it hurts both the supporters and the final results.

We stunk it up tonight badly and im sick of these shit losses. We get close then end up getting smashed. It would honestly not surprise me if we lose every game from here.

Fasolo was definitely the biggest disappointment for me. 4 touches and 2... yes 2 tackles!

If he's really taken the next step this year, we won't see anything like that ever again from him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Post Mortem vs Norf (Pies 84 def by Norf 124)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back