Post Round 11: What did you learn from the round?

Remove this Banner Ad

footycool

Premiership Player
Suspended
May 30, 2009
Etihad or MCG
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory, Newcastle United
-Dons are struggling
-Apparantly the Demons have won the GF this weekend
-Blues are damn good
-Top 4 set
-Dogs shot

Top 4 set. 5 and 6 will be West Coast and Sydney. Essendon, Fremantle and St Kilda will fight for the bottom 2 spots in the 8. Put a fork through the rest.

Fyfe is the new Hird.
Broughton back to his DT best.
Josh Gibson is a rock.
Jarrod Roughhead is possibly Hawthorn's most important player.

not much we didn't already know.

There's 4 contenders and they all have their strengths and weaknesses. There's not much between them and it will come down to having players fit in September and getting it done on the day.

That footy sucks when the Tiges arent playing. i thought for a moment that it was september! :(

Top 4 set. 5 and 6 will be West Coast and Sydney. Essendon, Fremantle and St Kilda will fight for the bottom 2 spots in the 8. Put a fork through the rest.

tiges and Melbourne are still in with a shot other than that, totally agree.

Melbourne and Tigers both beat Essendon, Richmond beat freo and drew with Saints. its not as clear cut as your assesment suggests.

The Hawks have another gear. I am very pleased about this
Melbourne are very hot and cold
Carlton continue to prove my blinded hatred for them wrong, they are a quality outfit
People continue to spell JARRYD Rougheads name wrong ( ;) )
As someone stated last week, the longer the season goes, the worse our rnd1 loss to Adelaide looks.
Mondays are much better when you're side has won

-Dons are struggling
-Apparantly the Demons have won the GF this weekend
-Blues are damn good
-Top 4 set
-Dogs shot

I agree. Celebrations were way over the top. They beat a highly overrated side by 5 plus goals after playing a very ordinary first half. Go figure.

*Geelong, Hawthorn, Collingwood in no order then a gap. Carlton then a gap to 4 or 5 teams that will be just making up the numbers whoever falls in the 8 out of them.
* Zac Smith could take over from Simon Madden as the best Ruckman I have seen.
*Adelaide have to sack Craig A.S.A.P. I'm sure I said this a few weeks back.
*Doggies have some serious issues to deal at years end, but blind Freddy can see that.
* And as mentioned, Roughy is the key for the Hawks possibly going all the way.

And where is the gap between Hawthorn and Carlton? Two premiership point gap? :confused:

Big, big chance Carlton can nab 3rd from them next week... some gap there....

Your talking points I'm talking ability, Hawthorn play their best footy they are better than your mob.

And where is the gap between Hawthorn and Carlton? Two premiership point gap? :confused:

Big, big chance Carlton can nab 3rd from them next week... some gap there....

I dont see a gap. The blues have got better since they lost to the pies and that game was closer than the score suggested.

The blues suffer from a perceived on paper weakness that they are short a KPP player at each end, but in reality they play a style that gets it done. Similar to the Hawks backline myth and the Geelong tall forward myth.

Games aren't played on paper

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont see a gap. The blues have got better since they lost to the pies and that game was closer than the score suggested.

The blues suffer from a perceived on paper weakness that they are short a KPP player at each end, but in reality they play a style that gets it done. Similar to the Hawks backline myth and the Geelong tall forward myth.

Games aren't played on paper
Exactly, and don't forget the Hawthorn ruck myth, 3rd less hitouts conceded this year after versing port, sydney, geelong and others.

* Cyril Rioli is a genuine star at AFL level
* Essendon aren't as good as everyone was making them out to be
* Fremantle played the most insipid quarter I have seen this year, turning a 26 point lead 2 minutes into the final quarter, into a 22 point loss
* Adelaide need to part way with Neil Craig
* Carlton MUST change their clash jumper at the end of the year

Your talking points I'm talking ability, Hawthorn play their best footy they are better than your mob.

Seems like you're talking potential.

Potentially, Hawks can beat anyone. But so can Collingwood and Geelong, so that is a moot point. And as it stands, they are only 2 points ahead of Carlton, and it is very likely that they can leapfrog them. That is certainly not indicative of any "gap".

I agree. Celebrations were way over the top. They beat a highly overrated side by 5 plus goals after playing a very ordinary first half. Go figure.

Agreed, we beat a team of no names who peaked in the first month of the season.

The celebrations were way over the top.

I was disappointed with our game and we should've given them an Adelaide like belting.

* Cyril Rioli is a genuine star at AFL level
* Essendon aren't as good as everyone was making them out to be
* Fremantle played the most insipid quarter I have seen this year, turning a 26 point lead 2 minutes into the final quarter, into a 22 point loss
* Adelaide need to part way with Neil Craig
* Carlton MUST change their clash jumper at the end of the year

Well theres one thing we can all agree on:D

Seems like you're talking potential.

Potentially, Hawks can beat anyone. But so can Collingwood and Geelong, so that is a moot point. And as it stands, they are only 2 points ahead of Carlton, and it is very likely that they can leapfrog them. That is certainly not indicative of any "gap".

Potential? The 3 sides I named above the Blues have won Premierships in the last few years. They are proven:thumbsu:

Potential? The 3 sides I named above the Blues have won Premierships in the last few years. They are proven:thumbsu:

But we are talking about this year, not what happened a few years ago. Otherwise, I could talk about Hawthorn's subpar efforts last year and the year before (when they didn't even make the 8). But those aren't relevant to now, because Hawthorn are playing a lot better. The season isn't finished yet and you claim there's a gap, when the ladder says otherwise. So far, Hawthorn's performances this season aren't too far ahead of Carlton's, and that is a fact. If you're going to claim a gap, then show something to substantiate it (and no, saying that "team X has premiership players" isn't really an argument - so do WC).

I know it's been said before so many times, but the having the bye sucks shit so bad:(

Anyway

*Tom Scully will be in the top 3 of the comp in 5 years
*Angus Monfries isn't worth the pick 14 he was taken with, stop celbrating like the worlds on fire when your teamates did all the work for you
*Collingwood and Geelong are plodding along very very nicely
*Hawks and Blues playing in scinntillating burts of footy
* Im never tipping Adelaide again

Remove this Banner Ad

Post Round 11: What did you learn from the round?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back