Post Your Final Teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought long and hard about Shuey and Bastinac, and their round one performances seem to point to them staying around for a bit.

That could hurt howwever I really didnt mind spending a bit more to get some depth.

I see that you have gone with Trengove and Scully, I went with opposite in Bastinac and Shuey but I am worried about this a little bit. The good thing with the Mel players is that they WONT get dropped no matter how badly they play. This is awesome news, if Bastinac has a stinker game he could easily get dropped for someone who is on the fringe. The insurance of both Trengoveand Scully should make you breathe a lot easier, especially on a Thursday afternoon when the teams come out.

Great side! :thumbsu: Nothing like mine either, so i'm not just saying it's good cause you've got some of my players (only 17 of 30 which is hugely different!)

Yeah - started with one very similar to a lot of people. Then on a lot of thought went with my gut on some of the smokies. Didn't trust Hall (e nough said), H.Shaw (v.low scores when tagged), Medhurst (with Ball coming into the Collingwood side I punted that he wouldn't get as much midfield time as he did 2 years ago - granted Malthouse makes huge numbers of rotations so this might be wrong). These judgements could come to burn me (eg Shaw's high Rd 1 score).

I tried to reduce the number of injury prone players as much as I could (no Gray, for example). The tough one was ruck going two premium or 1 and 1x230k. Went with the former - although that meant $150k or so less to spend elsewhere. I am worried about the amount of $ that can be generated by cash cows for upgrades - so am probably heavily relying on my judgement on players stepping up. Probably one of the disadvantages for straying into a hybrid of the gun/rookie and mid-range improvers structure. Pretty happy with the rookies I did pick though.

But I am fairly happy with my team at the moment - proof of the pudding will be in the eating.

Blues_FC:

Not the best start... Especially with Mitch Clark's unexpected shitness... Also, the Bazza gamble certainly hasn't paid off in round 1, but I think that'll turn around in the coming weeks. In hindsight, I should have gone for Sandi and a mid-priced ruck, then upgraded hunt in the backline and upgraded one of my mid-price forwards.

Oh well... bring on round 2.

Was absolutely destroyed round 1

B: H Shaw, Hodge, Malceski, Enright, Goddard, Gram, Hunt (Macguire, Nason)
M: Mitchell, J Selwood, Thompson, Cooney, Trengove, Martin (Barlow, Bastinac)
R: Hille, Tippet (Warnock, Trengove)
F: Murphy, Pavlich, Dangerfield, Hitchcock, Gia, Hall, Gumbleton (Duncan, Franklin)

Registered 1901 points, $113, 600 left in the kitty. Am I doomed?

F: Murphy, Pavlich, Dangerfield, Hitchcock, Gia, Hall, Gumbleton (Duncan, Franklin)

why didn't you use up all your money or at least most of it??? could've upgraded one of your mids to a Ablett/Swan.
anyway, Franklin's back this week, so you won't have to play Gumby, Barlow should be on the field over Martin or Trengove and Tippett should improve on last week's score (now that Adelaide will have their rucks back, so he can play up forward for the whole game). not the end of the world.

Blues_FC:

Not the best start... Especially with Mitch Clark's unexpected shitness... Also, the Bazza gamble certainly hasn't paid off in round 1, but I think that'll turn around in the coming weeks. In hindsight, I should have gone for Sandi and a mid-priced ruck, then upgraded hunt in the backline and upgraded one of my mid-price forwards.

Oh well... bring on round 2.

LOL. Our teams only have 6 players different.

Not at all. You have a lot of players who didn't match their price this week, but that won't be a regular occurrence. Unfortunately your score looks worse than it really is because there were so many massive scores this week, but again, that won't be a regular occurrence. IMO there's merit to all of the players that you've selected, so have faith in your reasoning for picking them and ride out the early low scores.

Nothing wrong with leaving money in the bank either nooB, it'll make things much simpler later on when it comes time to upgrade or when you need to trade to remove injured players. I've have nearly 90k leftover and I'm quite happy with the side I've selected.

Any of you experienced guys know if I can expect this side to keep standing up after the first week, or did I get lucky scores for a number of them?

dtstartingteam.jpg

Any of you experienced guys know if I can expect this side to keep standing up after the first week, or did I get lucky scores for a number of them?

dtstartingteam.jpg

Pretty much copy+paste my team and change five players or so and we're identical. So yes. Should be good. (Though i don't have hille/gray/harbrow/duffy/bastinac)

Enright, Hodge, Shaw, Carazzo, Duffield, Broughton, Waters (Nason, Silvagni)

Swan, Green, Barlow, Scully, Trengove, Martin (Bastinac, Howlett)

Clark, Kreuzer (Warnock, McNamara)

Goodes, O'keefe, Pavlich, Giansiracusa, Franklin, Higgins, Dangerfield (Hitchcock, Roberts)

My thinking has been that with the lack of depth in the backs, rucks and forwards i'd prefer to have my team almost set in those positions. (Goddard and Riewoldt to add for Waters and Dangerfield)

Then in the Mid is where there is more depth of rookies, so I concentrated my rookies there.

Overall has allowed me 16 keepers so there is a possibility to blow an extra trade or two if i've missed any key rookies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enright, Hodge, Shaw, Carazzo, Duffield, Broughton, Waters (Nason, Silvagni)

Swan, Green, Barlow, Scully, Trengove, Martin (Bastinac, Howlett)

Clark, Kreuzer (Warnock, McNamara)

Goodes, O'keefe, Pavlich, Giansiracusa, Franklin, Higgins, Dangerfield (Hitchcock, Roberts)

My thinking has been that with the lack of depth in the backs, rucks and forwards i'd prefer to have my team almost set in those positions. (Goddard and Riewoldt to add for Waters and Dangerfield)

Then in the Mid is where there is more depth of rookies, so I concentrated my rookies there.

Overall has allowed me 16 keepers so there is a possibility to blow an extra trade or two if i've missed any key rookies.

Its actually quite a nice looking side, but I disagree with your statement re the lack of depth in the backline. I think you'll find that there were an abundance of cheap backmen this year, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of them turned into keepers, or at worst, a straight swap to a fallen premium. Thats just my take on it, but kudos for thinking outside the DT square.

Its actually quite a nice looking side, but I disagree with your statement re the lack of depth in the backline. I think you'll find that there were an abundance of cheap backmen this year, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of them turned into keepers, or at worst, a straight swap to a fallen premium. Thats just my take on it, but kudos for thinking outside the DT square.

Yeah that's a good point. By lack of depth I meant more along the lines of pure rookies.

I also tried to stay away from getting to many injury prone players after being burnt by raines, skipworth, hentschel last year, so that eliminated a few more of the bargain priced players. (although I didnt 100% stick to that rule).

what do you think of my starting line-up:

backs: buchanan hurley solomon milburn sheppard garland

midfield: x clarke sewell judd sylvia lovett-murray burgoyne

rucks: Mitch Clark (cap) petrie

fowards: johncock stokes burton wanimirri greenwood gray motlop

Some amount of terrible :thumbsu:

dtstartingteam.jpg

Backline sensational, midfield pretty good, Rucks good, foward line dirt. Sorry, dirt is too harsh. Its a pretty damn good forward line. I'm actually envious of your balance. Overall 9/10.

Sub Gray for Ziebell and its a 9.4

Good one mate!

there are a few players found consistently in peoples teams. most of these will be good, others i have doubts about whether or not they'll excell. i have not taken round 1 scores into consideration.

these are the non x-factor picks:
hunt, tippett, jack trengove, Mayne, Hille

instead:
malceski, jamar, shey, ballentyne, natinui.

come back at seasons end, and the bottom group will far outperform the above one.
Hope you followed your own advice..so far so good :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Post Your Final Teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back