Teams Post your official starting team for 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully i will crack the top 100 this year after 2 years in a row (2010 and 2012) of coming in the 150th range
Team name has always been Blueboys changed it to mrpig this year

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    86.7 KB · Views: 165

B: Goddard, Gibbs, Duffield, Hanley, Pittard, Goodes (Stevenson, Heath)
M: Swan, Ablett, Watson, Cotchin, S Selwood, B. Hill, Wines, O'Meara (Viney, Mitchell)
R: Cox, Longer (Blicavs, Naismith)
F: Zorko, Rockliff, Monfries, Bewick, Karnezis, Macaffer (Dwyer, Rowe)

Forward line was never really satisfied with as well as M6, went with Hill over Whitfield which hopefully pays off. Forward line looks like I may have messed up but got the trade to fix it. Kommer very much on the radar if Hill fails after 2 rounds.

k6ZN9Tp.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have NFI, crap internet where I work... so was stuck with:

Gibbs, Goddard, Yarran
Pittard, Goodes, terlich (Stevenson, Heath)

Swan, Ablett, Pendles, Murphy,
Scooter, Wines, K. Mitchell, Whitfield (Omeara, Viney)

Cox, Blicavs (Leuy, Currie)

Franklin, Rocky, Zorko,
Wright, Karn, Varcoe (Neade, McCaf)

Prob have 3 issues straight up with the performances of Scooter, Whitfield and Yarran giving me a headache. Unfortunately I didn't get to see Whitfield's game so really unsure why he was so average. Scooter and Yarran I can understand. All 3 could easily tonne up next week... which doesn't make me feel too good about using trades on them, but these trades have less value now so... might as well protect my capital.

team2013.jpg

Some very strong sides in this thread so far.

BACKS: Pretty stock standard with the exception of Hibberd. Hopefully he can bounce back from a pretty average game. Still confident he can pan out well for me.

MIDS: Again reasonably standard here. Scooter Selwood was someone who I had all preseason so was very disappointed with his first up performance. Moloney only just got the nod over Embley and that looks to be a great choice so far. No Kane Mitchell is pretty risky but I have a feeling he will be the sub tomorrow and there is some concern about his overall JS. So Matt Jones gets a go in my side. Scored very well in the Rd 4 preseason match and looks like he could stay in the Melbourne side with a few good performances under his belt. Again a sub/JS risk with Jones but I'm hopeful that he will be able to play a full match.

RUCKS: Really wanted Kruezer over Smith but in the end the Salary Cap stopped me from getting him in.

FWDS: A few big uniques here in Lewis & Harper. Wasn't confident on starting any forward rookies this year hence the 4-2-2 setup. I know some people will want a reason why I selected these two so here go's : I feel that Lewis is seriously underrated in the Hawks midfield and can pull out some big scores. Has averaged 90ish consistently over the last 5 years or so and should be able to at least achieve that again. Harper has so much talent and with Harvey out for the first 6 weeks and getting older, I reckon the Harper will play his role for at least the first 6 weeks and hopefully beyond.

Good luck to everyone for this year (and let's hope these first round scores bloody improve...)

Team name DS_TROYERS

Have finished in top 1000 last 4 years, last year blew out a bit but was focusing on league.

Have gambled with a few mid pricers this year which against the grain of what i normally do.

Watts, Lucas, Moloney and Longer all speculative picks that i think will still pay off.

BACKS: GODDARD, GIBBS, HARTLETT, WATTS, PITTARD, GOODES ( Stevenson, Terlich )
MIDS: SWAN, ABLETT, PENDLEBURY, DANGERFIELD, MOLONEY, LUCAS, WINES, VINEY ( O'meara, Crouch )
RUCKS: COX, LONGER ( Currie, Naismith )
FWDS: FRANKLIN, ZORKO, ROCKCLIFF, MARTIN, KARNEZIS, MACAFFER ( Nead, Martin )

Backs - Goddard, Gibbs, Heppell, Hartlett, Pittard, Goodes (Stevenson, Heath)

Mids - Swan, Cotchin, Dangerfield, Murphy, Rischitelli, Wines, O'meara, Viney (Mitchell, Kommer)

Rucks - Kruezer, Blivcas (Daw, Currie)

Forwards - Bartel, Zorko, Rockliff, Martin, Watts, Karnezis (Macaffer, Dwyer)

$172 200 in bank.

Hmm it's like some sort of bizzarro world in this thread with more teams without Ablett than with. When did all this happen? In 90% of the teams in the Rate My Team thread and on the other DT sites Ablett was as much a must have as Swan...or did I miss something in the last few days that caused so many people to jump off the little master? Not trolling, I swear. Thread just looks odd with so many Ablettless teams this year.

I too have had a poor start and would take 1900 right now if it was offered.

Goddard Gibbs Hartlett Pittard Goodes Stevenson Heath Frost

Decided on the 3/0/5 structure after much agonising and went for Hartlett over Heppell. Frost was there purely to use coin elsewhere.

Swan Beams Pendlebury Deledio Dangerfield Wines Viney M. Jones Crouch O'Meara.

Probably could have up-graded Crouch seeing he wasn't named, but thought he'd probably get a game in round 2. Three Collingwood players is probably a risk, but it may pay off.

Cox Longer Blicavs Moller.

Kreuzer sat in R2 for a while, but I wanted a strong forward-line due to the lack of viable rookies.

Bartel Zorko Rockliff Robinson Kennedy Karnezis Macaffer Neade

I thought this was a strength, but under performing premiums are already an issue.

Hmm it's like some sort of bizzarro world in this thread with more teams without Ablett than with. When did all this happen? In 90% of the teams in the Rate My Team thread and on the other DT sites Ablett was as much a must have as Swan...or did I miss something in the last few days that caused so many people to jump off the little master? Not trolling, I swear. Thread just looks odd with so many Ablettless teams this year.

yeah - he was in my team until i had a fabulous idea of going two lesser premo's...
doh...

Final team:

Goddard, Gibbs, Hartlett, Pittard, Goodes, Stevenson (Heath, Terlich)
Swan, Ablett, Cotchin, Pendlebury, Deledio, Mitchell, O'Maera, Viney (Wines, J.Anderson)
Maric, Longer (Blicavs, Daw)
Franklin, Cox, Rockliff, Martin, Varcoe, MacCaffer (Neade, Lee)

Italics not playing round 1.

Had Leuenberger all preseason and only went Longer because it was a safe bet and didn't have the balls to pick just Blicavs. If it wasn't for the Cats/Hawks game being on Monday it probably would've been different. Also had Boyd in the side before Pendles until his injury news a few days ago.

At this stage Longer and Lee are gone next round.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams Post your official starting team for 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back