Post your Speedtest.net results

Remove this Banner Ad

Have been with Adam Internet for 10 years. Obviously they were bought out by iiNet recently. In the last month connection has gone to absolute shit. This is me today:

5104304658.png

I live in South Brighton, and I'm about a kilometre from the exchange. ****ing third world disgraceful.

Have been with Adam Internet for 10 years. Obviously they were bought out by iiNet recently. In the last month connection has gone to absolute shit. This is me today:

5104304658.png

I live in South Brighton, and I'm about a kilometre from the exchange. ******* third world disgraceful.

Yeah that upload is pretty bad. Might we worth a call to Adam and get them to run a line test.

Yeah that upload is pretty bad. Might we worth a call to Adam and get them to run a line test.

Tried that - they reckon it might be my previously-never-a-problem modem :rolleyes: so I will check that out and then ring them back. Reading stuff on the web about how their service has gone recently I'm not holding my breath.

5104304658.png

I live in South Brighton, and I'm about a kilometre from the exchange. ******* third world disgraceful.

at work :

5106383476.png

for the lulz, i work in a place called "Technology Park" in SA, FMD.

And to top it off, my Virgin iphone says

ping 57ms
dl 62.91
ul 6.85

seriously, WTF? Australia, the land infrastructure forgot

image.png Off my phone but on the computer this is also the best I can get. I live in a rural area I'm with iprimus. Also just got Foxtel play. Foxtel speed test said my internet is to slow for Foxtel play but it works ok anyway. Can't believe in this day and age how far behind Australia is. I don't even pick up 3G on my iPhone and they are getting ready to roll out 5G

5148814032.png

Optus cable here. Drops to around 60-70 Mbps during peak. Thought it would be shit during peak like Elroo when I got it, but it's not.

Unlimited data on 100 Mbps is awesome

I have moved house from an area covered by HFC which was giving me slower speed than I am now receiving on a very congested ADSL system.

Old HFC speedtest;

Old HFC Capture.PNG

My new ADSL2 which gives me faster speeds than my old HFC but I can still go hours with zero ability to access due to congestion on the ADSL system;

ADSL Capture.PNG

Note: It just took 3 attempts to upload my post due to the internet speed!

I have moved house from an area covered by HFC which was giving me slower speed than I am now receiving on a very congested ADSL system.

Old HFC speedtest;

View attachment 226527

My new ADSL2 which gives me faster speeds than my old HFC but I can still go hours with zero ability to access due to congestion on the ADSL system;

View attachment 226528

Note: It just took 3 attempts to upload my post due to the internet speed!

I'd take the former, unless I was a heavy downloader/streamer. The first setup would yield better gaming and general browsing response times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd take the former, unless I was a heavy downloader/streamer. The first setup would yield better gaming and general browsing response times.
The ADSL speed is very random. Only 20 minutes after I posted the test above I tried a 2nd time and had zero internet for 45 minutes. Tried through 3 devices and nothing for the 45 minutes then it uploaded the test page and we got a 6Mbps outcome!

getting NBN installed next week, so gonna chuck up pre NBN and post NBN speeds to compare them.

5ag9qqp.png
What sort of plan are you getting on NBN?

For whatever reason I couldn't post my speedtest results ... but I get about 16Mbps down / 0.5 Mbps up on a TPG "offnet" plan (meaning, I'm not actually using TPGs ADSL2+ lines)

What sort of plan are you getting on NBN?

For whatever reason I couldn't post my speedtest results ... but I get about 16Mbps down / 0.5 Mbps up on a TPG "offnet" plan (meaning, I'm not actually using TPGs ADSL2+ lines)

Currently with Telstra (which I hate) so not sure what speed I'll be getting, didn't ask them.
Don't know too much about the NBN in general, but I'm getting the box that's on the outside of the house to the powerline installation, not sure if this is standard?

But I will share the speeds on here after it's installed.

Currently with Telstra (which I hate) so not sure what speed I'll be getting, didn't ask them.
Don't know too much about the NBN in general, but I'm getting the box that's on the outside of the house to the powerline installation, not sure if this is standard?

But I will share the speeds on here after it's installed.
There are a couple of different flavours (not sure what Telstra is offering mind you)
But with TPG for example, there is a max 12Mbps plan, 25Mbps plan and 100Mbps plan

The connection itself depends on what's available in your area. I know someone who works for the NBN and they have fibre to the premises (FTTP) which was the "standard" under the old Labor government

The Libs changed things to make the standard FTTN (fibre to the node) which are the boxes you might see in your street. It'd be worth checking what you are getting, plan-wise

fttn-cabinet.jpg

There are a couple of different flavours (not sure what Telstra is offering mind you)
But with TPG for example, there is a max 12Mbps plan, 25Mbps plan and 100Mbps plan

The connection itself depends on what's available in your area. I know someone who works for the NBN and they have fibre to the premises (FTTP) which was the "standard" under the old Labor government

The Libs changed things to make the standard FTTN (fibre to the node) which are the boxes you might see in your street. It'd be worth checking what you are getting, plan-wise

fttn-cabinet.jpg

They were meant to send the paper work to me during this week sometime (for memory i think the salesperson on the line said to me I was able to get the faster speed (what ever that'll be) as my area has only recently got NBN up and going, but I'll be making sure I read the fine print when I get my paper work in mail.

Remove this Banner Ad

Post your Speedtest.net results

Remove this Banner Ad

Back