Post your team here - 2011 (Part III)

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont know how you can justify trading those players DonsStorm

regular 50-80 from a premium just doesn't stack up anymore, it's costing me wins in the league matches.

They should be averaging 80-110 each week not 50-80. What a joke

all those Premiums re: Goddard, Gram, Enright & Pratt all have 2 weeks to prove themselves to me, anything under 80 from here on end will see them getting traded

This round my team will look like this:

B - Deledio, Gibbs, Adcock, Goddard, Rance, Puopolo, Hibberd (Stanley, Lower, Toy)
M - Swan, Boyd, Pendlebury, Cotchin, Goodes, Chapman (Harris, Parker, Polec)
R - Cox, Ryder (Campbell, Tippett)
F - Sylvia, Fyfe, Franklin, Stevie J, N Riewoldt, Darling, Petrie (Matera, Krakouer, Prestia)

$31,900, 14 trades remaining after this round.

Next week Ill look at Darling > Lynch & Lower > Fisher, Enright or Shaw

The plan is once Petrie has covered Cox's second bye in round 15 I will swap Goodes & Chappy to the forward line with Prestia and Krakouer the DP links there. That would bring Petrie and Lynch to the bench so I can downgrade them and easily pick up the top two remaining midfielders.

Backs: Gibbs, Deledio, Adcock, Goddard, Heppell, Rob Murphy, Lower ( Duigan, Stanley, Otten

Mids: Swan, Boyd, Anthony, Palmer, Dangerfield, Pittard (Jacobs, Hibberd, Bewick)

Rucks: Cox, Sandilands (Petrie, Campbell)

Forwards: Franklin, Pavlich, O'keefe, Riewoldt, Knights, Darling, Krackoeur (Tapscott, Matera, Richardson)

Money in the Bank: $247,800 Trades Left: 22 Overall Ranking: 2730

I'm thinking that with some strong trading over the coming weeks, I will be able too set my team up really well, with still a reasonable number of trades left for finals. I have also found that the Dual Positioning has actually come in handy covering for doughnuts. Thoughts?

Goddard Gibbs Adock Enright Heppell Duigan Lower
(Stanley, otten, Coad)

Pendlebury Montagna Bartel Higgins Conca Liberatore
(harris, polec, hibberd)

Cox Sandilands
(Smith, Bailey)

Sylvia Pavlich Goodes N.Riewoldt Green Knights Krakeour
(smith, matera, prestia)

$223k, 18 trades

Monty missing last week messed up my upgrade, this week I think I will go duigan/lower --> puopolo, conca/harris --> swan

regular 50-80 from a premium just doesn't stack up anymore, it's costing me wins in the league matches.

They should be averaging 80-110 each week not 50-80. What a joke

all those Premiums re: Goddard, Gram, Enright & Pratt all have 2 weeks to prove themselves to me, anything under 80 from here on end will see them getting traded

Enright, Pratt and Goddard are all averaging more than 80 with Gram on 79.57.

The 10 best backman are currently. As you can see only 1 is averaging over 100 so you're not going to get near your 110 average. If you want 3 Carlton players in your backline you can get an average of 90 - 103 if you have all of the the 7 best backmen. Most people will only have 1 person from each team in their backline. If you look at doing that the best you can have is 7 players with averages between 89-103

Gibbs - 103
Adcock - 98.29
Shaw - 97.29
Suckling - 96.5
Carazzo - 94.29
Scotland - 93.14
Deledio - 90.88
Fisher - 89.14
Enright - 87.29
Pratt - 85.00

B: Deledio, Gibbs, Adcock, Heppell, Gram, Lower, Puopolo, Stanley, Otten, Laidler
C: Swan, Boyd, Goodes, K Simpson, Goddard, Conca, D Swallow, Harris, A Smith
R: Cox, Sandilands, Smith, McCauley
F: Sylvia, Franklin, Knights, N Riewoldt, Petrie, Tapscott, Krakouer, Matera, Prestia, Richardson

$214,000
19 trades

unledcs.jpg

OUT

Enright, Gram, Goddard, Lower & Pratt

Crazy! I'm guessing you only just brought in Pratt as well.

Downgrade Lower, keep the rest and focus on another position.

unledcs.jpg

After next week my Forwards will be fixed, my Midfield & Rucks are already pretty good. Just need help with my defence as Goddard & Gram are playing well below their usual best. Also getting worried about Enright the last couple of weeks.

I dont care how many trades I need to use to fix the defence, I am trade happy anyway and I dont care about that, if I get )'s cos of injuries in the future then that is something I will have to live with.

As you can see, the players in the green boxes I will keep. The players in the red boxes I want to trade to get my defence alot better.

These trades will start in 2 weeks, as stated, I already have 2 trades set up for next week.

Any ideas fellas ?

OUT

Enright, Gram, Goddard, Lower & Pratt
Insanity. Most people would be looking to bring in these guys at some point over the next few weeks, not trade them out! On potential alone they are all great value. Then you factor in job security and the fact that nearly everyone else has them (thus nullifying any disadvantage that their form slumps bring) and you would be mad not to keep them!

You should focus on upgrading Duigan to Shaw/Adcock/gibbs. Also, I'm considering offloading heppell. JS isn't brilliant @$300k, pretty likely to be rested at some point you would think, and BE is near 100 this round. H Shaw is in hot form at the moment, a 3 round mean of 117 vs Heppell's 74 - thats a 43pt boost on current form for $80k.

Enright, Pratt and Goddard are all averaging more than 80 with Gram on 79.57.

The 10 best backman are currently. As you can see only 1 is averaging over 100 so you're not going to get near your 110 average. If you want 3 Carlton players in your backline you can get an average of 90 - 103 if you have all of the the 7 best backmen. Most people will only have 1 person from each team in their backline. If you look at doing that the best you can have is 7 players with averages between 89-103

Gibbs - 103
Adcock - 98.29
Shaw - 97.29
Suckling - 96.5
Carazzo - 94.29
Scotland - 93.14
Deledio - 90.88
Fisher - 89.14
Enright - 87.29
Pratt - 85.00

Well Adcock & Suckling look like possibilities.

Gram --- Adcock
Goddard --- Suckling

thankyou for doing the post and posting top 10 averages for the defenders. I now know who I will trade in 2 weeks. Knowing my luck, Once I trade them out, they will start to score well in DT

Deledio, Gibbs, Adcock, Shaw, Heppell, Goddard, Stanley
(Lower, Otten, Jacobs)

Swan, Boyd, Sylvia, Montagna, Liberatore, Hibberd
(Curnow, Harris, Bewick)

Cox, Sandilands
(Z.Smith, J.Tippett)

Franklin, Pavlich, Goodes, N.Riewoldt, Darling, Petrie, Krakouer
(Matera, Prestia, Richardson)

My team is based around leagues not overall rankings.
Cash: $79,900
Trades: 18

Trades this week:

Lower --> Puopolo
Bewick --> I.Smith (Maybe not sure on I.Smith JS few weeks from now)

Trades in the next few weeks

Curnow/Harris --> Pendlebury
Matera/Richardson --> Mzungu

No trading after this for a few weeks. Plan on saving 8 trades for the last 4 rounds of the season.

Insanity. Most people would be looking to bring in these guys at some point over the next few weeks, not trade them out! On potential alone they are all great value. Then you factor in job security and the fact that nearly everyone else has them (thus nullifying any disadvantage that their form slumps bring) and you would be mad not to keep them!

You should focus on upgrading Duigan to Shaw/Adcock/gibbs. Also, I'm considering offloading heppell. JS isn't brilliant @$300k, pretty likely to be rested at some point you would think, and BE is near 100 this round. H Shaw is in hot form at the moment, a 3 round mean of 117 vs Heppell's 74 - thats a 43pt boost on current form for $80k.

well, all my backline have 2 weeks to prove their worth. This time next week my Forwardline will be settled. My Midfield & Rucks are already settled for the season.

So I only need to burn my trades on my backline

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 2 weeks my side will be:
Side will hopefully be:
B: Deledio, Goddard, Gibbs, Enright, Drummond, Mattner, Hibberd (Buckley, Stanley, Lester)
M: Judd, Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood, Mitchell, Harris (Mzungu, Smith, Rookie)
R: Cox, Sandilands (Petrie, Hale)
F: Franklin, O'Keefe, Goodes, J.Riewoldt, Harvey, Rioli, N.Riewoldt (Darling, Matera, Richardson)

My team currently:

B: Gibbs, Deledio, Heppell, Suckling, Adcock, Goddard, Lower (SMack, Stanley, Puopolo)
M: Swan, Rockliff, Sylvia, Fyfe, Selwood, Liberatore (Harris, Curnow, Buckley)
R: Cox, Leuenberger (Smith, Mccauley)
F: Pavlich, Goodes, Dawes, S. Johnson, N. Roo, J. Roo, Darling (Tapscott, Matera, Krakouer)

Planning to bring in Isaac Smith for Tapscott this week (or Curnow if Simon Buckley doesn't get the nod), then bring in Tom Lynch and GAblett next week. Not sure what to do with backs/forwards at this particular moment, may wait a few weeks to see whether the 'guns' are capable of fulfilling their potential...quite a few are being shown up by some of the better rookies/cheapies :rolleyes:.

My team this week:

DEF: Deledio, Gibbs, Heppell, Enright, R.Murphy, Goddard, Birchall (Lower, Batchelor, Puopolo)

MID: Boyd, Pendlebury, Goodes, J.Selwood, Liberatore, Sloane (Harris, Bewick, Hibberd)

RUCK: Sandilands, Cox (Smith, Moran)

FWD: S.Johnson, Knights, N.Riewoldt, J.Riewoldt, Rioli, Higgins, Krakouer (Darling, Matera, McKernan)

$157,600 in the bank.

Looking at my next few trades depends on Mzungu's availability. If he is named this week:

Darling/McKernan --> Mzungu
Lower ---> Shaw/Adcock

If no Mzungu, I will be upgrading Libba to Hodge this week, and sitting on one trade, looking at making the above two trades the following week.

Very happy with how my team is travelling!

In 2 weeks my side will be:
Side will hopefully be:
B: Deledio, Goddard, Gibbs, Enright, Drummond, Mattner, Hibberd (Buckley, Stanley, Lester)
M: Judd, Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood, Mitchell, Harris (Mzungu, Smith, Rookie)
R: Cox, Sandilands (Petrie, Hale)
F: Franklin, O'Keefe, Goodes, J.Riewoldt, Harvey, Rioli, N.Riewoldt (Darling, Matera, Richardson)

Cam Richardson is on the outer at Kangaroos, I would at some point over the next month trade him out for Ian Callinan.

On the upside, Callinan is woth only 80k and can play both forwards and in the midfield. So you can change him with Isaac Smith anytime you need an extra player in either the mids or forwards

There is 16 weeks left. You don't "burn" trades.

You save them because you'll need them later on.

yeah I know I was sort of kidding but on my mind. I have 2 trades to do next week and that is all for now, barring more Premium LTI's.

I'm saving 7 for rounds 18-24

Enright Goddard Gibbs Deledio Heppell Adcock Puopolo Batchelor Stanley Hibberd

Swan Selwood Pendles Boyd Pavlich Libba Savage Jacobs Prestia

Cox Ryder Smith Mccauley

Sylvia Goodes Dawes N.Riewoldt Knights Franklin Darling Krak Matera Richardson

Will upgrade Libba and Savage over the next 3 weeks and swing Pav forward, last upgrade will be Stanley for Fisher after his 2nd bye. Then I can worry about stupid Ryder :D

My team at full strength after this weeks trades will be -

Deledio - Gibbs - Adcock - Goddard - Shaw - Heppell - B.Smith
Bench = B.Jacobs - Toy - Lower
Swan - Pendlebury - Watson - Bartel - Montagna - Martin
Bench = Liberatore - Hibberd - Mzungu
Cox - Smith
Bench = Petrie - Derickx
Sylvia -Johnson - Rioli - N.Riewoldt - J.Riewoldt - Dangerfield - Darling
Bench = Matera - Krakouer - Prestia

Had 2 very bad weeks but im confident my team will bounce back. Have chosen not to get rid of Watson so hopefully he only misses a few weeks.

One thing i am happy about is my DPP options.

Cam Richardson is on the outer at Kangaroos, I would at some point over the next month trade him out for Ian Callinan.

On the upside, Callinan is woth only 80k and can play both forwards and in the midfield. So you can change him with Isaac Smith anytime you need an extra player in either the mids or forwards

IMO no need to burn trades on 3rd subs (ie lester and Richardson) they wont be needed and Im covered for the remaining rounds. It was useful to get over those initial triple bye rounds though. Its kind like the 4th Ruck of previous years, no need to worry really.

Gibbs Goddard Deledio Adcock Murphy Heppell Hibberd Lower Toy Otten
Boyd Murphy Bartel Stanton Thomas Liberatore Foley Harris Iles
Cox Sandilands Smith Bailey
Fyfe Franklin Goodes Johnson Riewoldt Darling Krakouer Tapscott Matera Prestia

Got 160k in bank and 15 trades remaining.

If the gods smile on my team and i cop no injuries by Round 12 i will have bought in Swan, Chappy, Enright and Sylvia:cool:
Big if.......

Gibbs Goddard Enright Rawlings Fisher Carrazzo Puopolo (Stanley Batchelor Coad)
Boyd Pendlebury Stanton Rockliff Thompson Buckley (Smith Krakouer Harris)
Cox Sandilands (Smith Mccauley)
Fyfe Chapman Johnson Goodes Franklin Knights Darling (Matera Prestia Harper)

Line up for this round. Bolded look to be keepers for now.

Only real dillemna is do I start Buckley, Krakouer, Smith or Matera.

Team is

Defenders

Deledio, Gibbs, Adcock, Goddard, Heppel, Lower, Puopolo
Jacobs, Toy, Hibberd

Mids

Swan, Boyd, Bartel, Redden, Montagna, Libba
Swallow, Weller, Smith

Rucks

Cox, Sandi
Smith, Tippett

Forwards

Chapman, Pavlich, N Riewoldt, J Riewoldt, Knights, Krakouer
Matera, Tapscott, Prestia

This week ROK (replace Knights) and Mzungu will more than like come in or Suckling (replace Toy or Lower) and Mzungu.

Thoughts and criticism more than welcome!

Gibbs Goddard Delidio Suckling Adcock Stanley Duigan (Lower Otten Coad)
Swan Boyd Mundy Mitchell Redden Harris (Curnow Smith Liberatore)
Cox Sandilands (Smith Gorringe)
Sylvia Fyfe Johnson Franklin N Riewoldt J Riewoldt Darling (Matera Krakoeur Prestia)

Need a few underforming premiums to lift seriously. To complete team looking at bringing in:

Shaw, Fisher
Pendlebury, Ablett/Selwood, Mzungu
Chapman/Pavlich, T Lynch

Remove this Banner Ad

Post your team here - 2011 (Part III)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back