Post your team here - 2011 (Part III)

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting pretty happy with my team to be honest, thoughts?

Defenders: Adcock, Enright, Gibbs, Heppell, Trengove, Lower, McKernan (Puopolo, Toy, Coad)Midfielders: Swan, Boyd, Bartel, Goddard, Kornes, Curnow (Swallow, Gaff, Polec)
Rucks: Cox, Sandilands (Smith, Derickx)Forwards: Pavlich, Chapman, Riewoldt, Brennan, Yarran, Darling, Tapscott (Matera, Richardson, Harper)

Cash Left: $55,900

Will be focusing on upgrading my Rookie Defenders in the coming weeks as im not comfortable with the McKernan/Lower/Puopolo/Toy mix filling gaps.

Getting pretty happy with my team to be honest, thoughts?

Defenders: Adcock, Enright, Gibbs, Heppell, Trengove, Lower, McKernan (Puopolo, Toy, Coad)Midfielders: Swan, Boyd, Bartel, Goddard, Kornes, Curnow (Swallow, Gaff, Polec)
Rucks: Cox, Sandilands (Smith, Derickx)Forwards: Pavlich, Chapman, Riewoldt, Brennan, Yarran, Darling, Tapscott (Matera, Richardson, Harper)

Cash Left: $55,900

Will be focusing on upgrading my Rookie Defenders in the coming weeks as im not comfortable with the McKernan/Lower/Puopolo/Toy mix filling gaps.
Your midfield is very strong but you need to downgrade one of Swallow,Curnow or Gaff to get money to get a stronger defense (Trengove, Lower and Mckernan) or attack (Yarran, Darling, Tapscott).

Your midfield is very strong but you need to downgrade one of Swallow,Curnow or Gaff to get money to get a stronger defense (Trengove, Lower and Mckernan) or attack (Yarran, Darling, Tapscott).

Yep,

Thats the plan for the coming weeks. Focusing more on the Defense at the moment, somewhat happy with my forward line currently. Heaps of trades still in play (19)

B: Goddard, Gibbs, Scotland, Deledio, Duffield, Heppell, Lower (Stanley, Thompson, Toy)

C: Swan, Pendlebury, Boyd, Curnow, Swallow, Harris (Bewick, Iles, Jacobs)

R: Sandilands, Cox (Smith, Lobbe)

F: Franklin, Harvey, Riewoldt, Riewoldt, Petrie, Knights, Darling (Tapscott, Prestia, Richardson)

Have 495k in the bank but am fair way back at around 3400. I think if anything my biggest advantage comes from the job security of my rookies. Instead of Puopolo, Pederson, Hibberd, Wallis types I have got Thompson, Iles, Bewick and now Jacobs who I believe will play very often this year. Have kept the faith with alot of rookies that have got dropped or been injured like Prestia, Richardson, Bewick which I'm hoping will come back to reward me.

Richardson is a big worry - although he is playing ok in VFL from reports so he may get another chance soonish if he's lucky. Still from what I've seen of him, he shouldn't be playing AFL. At virtually any other club I don't think he'd be a chance but Scott seems very keen to give him the greatest chance possible to make it. Prestia is frustrating but has ability to score big and will definitely play again, just needs to take his chance. Toy is an annoyance, I knew he'd be in an out of the team this year with what McKenna said about rotating and also the fact that GC have many recycled players in defence. Was hoping he'd make more money but it seems McKenna is really getting him to work on his defensive game which is fair enough but frustrating for DT particularly when I think if released he has decent scoring potential. I also think Toy will be used as a sub quite often through the year too. He'll probably be my 10th back for the year who I hope won't play for me again although probably will.

Anyway my plan is to make 3 upgrades in the next 2 weeks, got to get in Geelong players before their awesome draw from round 15 onwards and I got to get rid of a few of my Gold Coast rookies.

Darling, Knights, Swallow, Harris, Tapscott, Stanley are the 6 in the hot seat at the moment. Bartel, Enright, Chapman are targets as well as a few others.

B: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Heppel, Adock, Enright, Lower, Toy, Thompson, Puopolo

C: Swan, Pendles, Boyd, Bartel, Goodes, Libba, Swallow, Harris, Conca

R: Sandi, Smith, McCaulley, Dericx(Anyone know when he's gonna play?)

F: Fyfe, Pav, Buddy, Darling, NRoo, JRoo, Knights, Tapscott, Prestia, Matera

Got 80K in the bank.

Conca -> Smith this week, then maybe Harris -> Hibberd? Not sure yet.

B: Gibbs, Deledio, Shaw, Fisher, Adcock, Heppell, Lower.
Duigan, Otten, Jacobs.

C: Swan, Pendlebury, Judd, Selwood, Hodge, Kerr.
Swallow, Buckley, Smith

R: Sandilands, Cox.
Smith, McCauley.

F: Franklin, Pavlich, O'Keefe, Riewoldt. N, Riewoldt. J, Knights, Darling.
Tapscott, Matera, Richardson.

Got 150k in the bank.
Any tips appreciated, thanks in advance.

D: Deledio, Goddard, Gibbs, Broughton, Heppell, Lower, Puopolo - (Stanley, Toy, Hibberd)
M: Watson, Swan, Montagna, Mundy, Selwood, Jacobs - (Harris, Swallow, Bewick)
R: Sandilands, Cox - (Smith, Keeffe)
F: Franklin, Chapman, Goodes, Harvey, N.Riewoldt, J.Riewoldt, Darling - (Tapscott, Matera, Richarson)

Ranked 47k overall. Would love to get D7 sorted.

Defenders: Deledio, Gibbs, Adcock, Goddard, Shaw, Heppell, Lower (Stanley, Toy, Otten)

Mids: Swan, Bartel, Redden, A.Swallow, Sylvia, Jacobs, (Curnow, Harris, Iles)

Rucks: Sandilands, Cox (Smith, Gorringe)

Forwards: Fyfe, Franklin, Goodes, N.Riewoldt, Higgins, Knights, Darling (Tapscott, Matera, Richardson)

80k in the bank, will have to wait for teams to see what I need to do, will probably downgrade Otten to Puopolo and Lower to Scotland and then my back in pretty much set.

Thoughts?

D: Deledio, Gibbs, Shaw, Enright, Goddard, Heppell, Puopolo (Stanley, Toy, Lower)

M: Swan, Bartel, Boyd, Judd, Swallow, Liberatore (Harris, Bewick, I.Smith)

R: Sandilands, Cox ( Z.Smith, Keefe)

F: Franklin, Goodes, Chapman, Riewoldt, Petrie, Knights, Darling (Tapscott, Matera, Richardson)

Got 187k in the bank. Was going to upgrade Knights this week to Sylvia/Pavlich/Fyfe, but after his 116, I'm not too sure whether he's a keeper or not. He's been pretty consistant this year with just the one bad score.

Now it seems likely I won't be trading this week, and wait for Matera/Tapscott to max out and then do it. Also looking to bring Pendles in once Libba/Bewick/Harris/Swallow max out.

Any thoughts on what my priorities should be?

Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Duffield, Adcock, Duigan, Heppell, (Lower,Toy, L. Thompson)

Swan, Pendlebury, Boyd, Watson, Bartel, Libba, (Swallow, Curnow, Hibberd)

Cox, Sandilands, (Smith, Bathie)

Big Nick, Buddy, Goodes, Fyfe, Darling, Yarran,Tapscott (Prestia, Matera, Richardson)

Ranked about 800.

After wasting a couple of trades fixing bad rookie selections I'm reasonably happy with the team so far...

B: Deledio, Gibbs, Adcock, Enright, Goddard, Lower, Hibberd (B. Smith, L. Thompson, Toy)
M: Swan, Mundy, Heppell, Boak, Foley, Montagna (Harris, Iles, A. Krakouer)
R: Sandilands, Cox (Petrie, Smith)
F: Sylvia, Franklin, Goodes, Knights, N. Riewoldt, J. Riewoldt, Darling (Tapscott, Matera, Prestia)

Pretty happy with mine. I've wasted a few trades fixing up my rookies but I'm pretty settled with it now. I just pushed into the top 1000 last week.

B: B.Deledio, B.Gibbs, C.Enright, M.Suckling, N.Duigan, P.Puopolo, M.Hibberd
M: D.Swan, M.Boyd, S.Pendlebury, J.Watson, T.Boak, J.Kennedy
R: A.Sandilands, S.Mumford
F: C.Sylvia, M.Pavlich, A.Goodes, N.Riewoldt, J.Darling, K.Reimers, A.Krakouer

Reserves: N.Lower, J.Batchelor, A.Otten, D.Swallow, I.Smith, T.Liberatore, Z.Smith, R.Campbell, S.Higgins (hurry up c***), L.Tapscott, J.Pitt

16 trades left - gonna have to use one this week to find a def/mid rotater for my midfield bench.

Currently Mine is

Adcock, Enright, Goddard, Fisher, Deledio, Heppell, Puopolo (Otten, Duigan, Lower)
Swan, Selwood, Gibbs, Judd, Liberatore, Swallow (Harris, Krakouer, Buckley)
Cox, Sandilands (Smith, Moran)
Pavlich, Sylvia, O'Keefe, Franklin, Riewoldt, Knights, Petrie (Matera, Richardson, Tapscott)

Priority this week is to get another gun mid in for Swallow and possibly free some other cash depending on the downgrades available for the likes of Duigan and Harris. Then my forward line needs some love. 19 trades left at the moment and ranked 623

Hopefully Gibbs can go into the backs and Heppell becomes B7, meaning I'll need another 2 upgrades in the midfield after this week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My team has just come together this week, really happy with it at the moment. Ranked 3000 and looking for a solid push in the next 4 weeks when I'm hardly effected by byes. Defence is a little shaky still, so will look to sure it up in a few weeks.

Def: Adcock, Goddard, Heppell, Enright, Gibbs, Puopolo, Hibberd (B.Smith, Lower, Coad)
Mid: Swan (C), Montagna, Murphy, Thomas, Goodes, Ward (Jacobs, Bewick, Harris)
Rucks: Sandilands, Cox (Z.Smith, McCauley)
Fwds: Sylvia, Franklin, Fyfe, Riewoldt, Darling, Higgins, Krakouer (Tapscott, Matera, I.Smith)

15 trades left and $110,000 in the bank.

B Lids, Gibbs, Adcock
HB Heppel, Goddard, Shaw
C Cotchin, Swallow, Curnow (soon to be traded)
HF Fyfe, N Reiwoldt, Knights
F Didak, Goodes, Darling
R Sandi, Swan, Selwood

I Cox, Lower, Bewick, Yarran

Rest of Squad
D Stanley, Toy, Otten, Swallow, Harris, Illes, Smith, Petrie, Matera, Hurley, C Richardson

Backs: Deledio, Gibbs, Adcock, Shaw, Enright, Goddard, Lower
(Stanley, Toy, Otten)

Mids: Boyd, Pendlebury, Bartel, Montagna, Libba, I Smith
(Swallow, Harris, Hibberd)

Rucks: Cox, Smith
(McCauley, Cunrow)

Forwards: Sylvia, Franklin, Goodes, Johnson, Riewoldt, Darling, Krakouer
(Tapscott, Matera, Harper)

Bank: $264,300, 18 trades left.

Would obviously love to go McCauley to Sandilands but I'm $20,000 short. I'm hesitant to trade Smith as his breakeven is -15 for round 10 and if I do it leaves me short on the bench in my rucks.

I could go McCauley to Goldstein?

Ahhhh what to do? May have to cop a 0?

Backs: Deledio, Gibbs, Adcock, Shaw, Heppell, Goddard, Hibberd (Stanley, Thompson, Puopolo)
Mids: Swan, Boyd, Judd, Pavlich, Montagna, Liberatore (Swallow, Harris, Smith)
Rucks: Sandilands, Cox (Smith, Tippett)
Forwards: Franklin, Goodes, Chapman, N Riewoldt, J Riewoldt, Darling, Petrie (Tapscott, Matera, Richardson)

BACKS: Deledio, Gibbs, Adcock, Suckling, Heppell, Goddard, Puopolo (Lower, Batchelor, Toy)
MIDS: Swan, Pendlebury, Boyd, Selwood, Murphy, Krakouer (Harris, Prestia, Hibberd)
RUCKS:Sandilands, Cox (Smith, Mcauley)
FORWARDS:Sylvia, Franklin, Goodes, Rioli, Knights, Riewoldt, Darling (Tapscott, Matera, Harper)

Current Rank: 1126. Only 14 trades and 15k in the bank.

Will be looking to turn Harris to Ablett and Knights to Chapman in the next 3 weeks. Leaving me with 10 trades and 2 upgrades required.

unledcs.jpg

After next week my Forwards will be fixed, my Midfield & Rucks are already pretty good. Just need help with my defence as Goddard & Gram are playing well below their usual best. Also getting worried about Enright the last couple of weeks.

I dont care how many trades I need to use to fix the defence, I am trade happy anyway and I dont care about that, if I get )'s cos of injuries in the future then that is something I will have to live with.

As you can see, the players in the green boxes I will keep. The players in the red boxes I want to trade to get my defence alot better.

These trades will start in 2 weeks, as stated, I already have 2 trades set up for next week.

Any ideas fellas ?

OUT

Enright, Gram, Goddard, Lower & Pratt

Deledio - Goddard - Gibbs - Heppell - Adcock - Stanley - Lower
Hibberd, Toy, Smith

Swan - Pendlebury - Chapman - Boyd - Swallow - Higgins
Savage, Harris, Jacobs

Cox - Sandilands
Bailey, Smith

Franklin - Sylvia - Reiwoldt - Rioli - McGlynn - Darling - Matera
McKernan, Richardson, Krakouer

$26,000

So much repair work needed. Need to make a call on Rioli / Higgins. Matera, Stanley, Harris, McKernan, Lower are all ripe to be traded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Post your team here - 2011 (Part III)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back