emg: docherty ellis

mid: pendls mitchell murphy swallow hayes caddy
emg: clifton mcdonald

rucks: jacbos hmac
emg: giles stephensen

fwd: buddy martin brown hawkins winderlich porplyzia zorko
emg: trelor walsh

thoughts ?

Rucks are weak, I seriously doubt Jacobs/Hmac will average close to what Cox, Sandilands etc will. Obviously you have made up for that in the mids, but it's better to start off with a well balanced team, so you don't have to many mid pricers/rookies in one spot, which can lead to very bad weeks-including 0's.

My advice would be to downgrade say Hayes, Caddy and Winderlich to a rookie each, then upgrade say 3 of Gram/Hargrave/Hmac/Hawkins/Porplyzia.
Plenty of good premiums in each of those positions.

Also, keep an eye on Zorko/Treloar/Docherty through out the Nab cup, apparently they are under injury clouds.

Overall, your team needs some work, but if you are looking to be unique, then don't change it up too much. Just think you may have chosen a few to many mid pricers. For example, come mid season you will be losing points to teams with e.g. Franklin/Martin/Goodes/Fyfe/Johnson/Rioli/Cloke, while you have Franklin/Martin/Brown/Hawkins/Winderlich + two others

My team:
Goddard, Enright, Birchall, Broughton, Gilbert, Ellis, Spurr (Bugg, Morris)

Pendlebury, Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, Shiel, Stvens (Smith, Mitchell)

Cox, Mumford (Giles, Stephenson)

Franklin, Cloke, Martin, Rioli, Smedts, Zorko, Sexton (Panos, Kerridge)

Forward line is weak, and I will struggle in round 13 a bit with this team. Also need to research my rookies a lot better.

Was thinking about this, and I would like peoples opinions on whether the team above would be better with these changes
Birchall -> Lake
Pendlebury -> Hodge
Zorko -> Harvey

Also Fyfe dominated the Freo intra club match, and named to play in the nab cup. My opinion on him has been swayed from NO to maybe...worth considering??

Pretty happy with this for a first draft

Defence.jpg

I like the fact that you tried to make it look more plausible by having some midpricers/rookies in there....

DERP DERP. :thumbsdown:

Also, the fact that there are no numbers next to each player (i.e. it should have 1. next to Scotland, 2. next to Goddard, etc etc). Notice how Sandilands is the only player in his team to have a number designated to that position on the field? Add to this, an X icon below each player's score, instead of the Sub, Trade, Captain, Vice options.

Very poor effort.

If you're going to attempt fooling half of these people, at least make it more believable by having a couple more rookies on the field, and don't make the stupid mistake of naming the same player twice.

First draft, haven't taken into account the byes. Not entirely content with it as is, but thoughts appreciated.

DEF
Goddard, Deledio, Birchall, Grimes, Lake, Mohr, Morris (Smedts, Sierakowski)

MID
Pendlebury, Ablett, A Swallow, Barlow, Coniglio, Horsley (Clifton, Neale)

RCK
Mcevoy, Jacobs (Stephensen, Giles)

FWD
Franklin, Pavlich, Martin, N Riewoldt, Christensen, Winderlich, Treloar (Saad, Kerridge)

DEF
H. Scotland, B.Deledio, T. Armstrong, B.Goodard, M.Clarke, B.Ellis, S.Morris (M.Firrito, S. Darleyi)

MID
M. Boyd, N. Fyfe, J. McDonald, J.Melksham, C. Wingard,A. Morabito (S.Clifton, D. Shiel)

RCK
S.Mumford,I. Maric (J.Roughead,J.Giles)

FWD
L.Franklin, M.Pavlich, A. Goodes, D.Petrie, J.Riewoldt, C. Cornes, J. Butcher(J. Porplyzia, I. Foalu)

Thoughts???
I have gone with heaps of Rookies in the Midfield and loaded up in The Forward line and in the Back Line.

My first go around. Obviously going to change a lot before round 1. I haven't even looked at all the byes and stuff yet because it hurts my brain.

Scotland, Goddard, Enright, Waters, Lake, Ellis, Sierakowski (Smedts, Wilkes)

Swan, Ablett, Selwood, Ebert, Morabito, Sheil (Stevens, Sexton)

Cox, Mumford (Giles, Derickx)

Franklin, Cloke, Fyfe, Martin, Brown, Zorko, Treloar (Walsh, Kerridge)

$9,000 in the bank.

I know Eberts a bit of a joke, but I feel he might come good with more time where he wants it.

Ideas, opinions and death threats welcomed.

DEF: Goddard, Deledio, Birchall, Heppell, M.Johnson, Clarke, Ellis (Brown, Wilkes)

MID: Pendlebury, Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, Lucas, Shiel (Clifton, Gibson)

RUC: Jacobs, Giles (Stephensen, Derickx)

FWD: Franklin, Beams, Robinson, Martin, Christensen, Saad, Smedts (Treloar, Walsh)

$51,300 left in the cap.

Def: B, Goddard, G. Birchall, G. Broughton, J. Grimes, B. Lake, M. Clarke, B. Wilkes, (B. Smedts, S. Morris)

Mid: S. Pendlebury (C), J. Watson, L. Montagna, R. Sloane, K. Stevens, J. McDonald, (D. Shiel, T. Mitchell)

Ruc: A. Sandilands, S. Jacobs, (J. Giles, O. Stephensen)

For: S. Johnson, L. Franklin (VC), N. Fyfe, M. Robinson, D. Zaharakis, A. Saad, D. Zorko, (I. Folau, C. Dell'Olio)

This will probably change several times before the start of the season as I take note of performances in the NAB Cup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DEF
H. Scotland, B.Deledio, T. Armstrong, B.Goodard, M.Clarke, B.Ellis, S.Morris (M.Firrito, S. Darleyi)

MID
M. Boyd, N. Fyfe, J. McDonald, J.Melksham, C. Wingard,A. Morabito (S.Clifton, D. Shiel)

RCK
S.Mumford,I. Maric (J.Roughead,J.Giles)

FWD
L.Franklin, M.Pavlich, A. Goodes, D.Petrie, J.Riewoldt, C. Cornes, J. Butcher(J. Porplyzia, I. Foalu)

Thoughts???
I have gone with heaps of Rookies in the Midfield and loaded up in The Forward line and in the Back Line.

I like your strategy, but there are some real standout things that i reckon you just must change.

Players i'd drop;
Melksham
Fyfe (put him in FWD, unless you have a very specific strategy to use is DP)
Maric
JRoo
Cornes
Butcher
Morabito & Wingard - there might be cheaper rookies who are just as good.
Scotland (maybe, he could stay)

You need one of Ablett/Pendlebury/Swan
You can risk starting Giles, which will free up a lot of cash.
Look at picking up at least a couple out of Martin/Robinson/Zaharakis/Sidebottom

Hope that sort of helps.

Alright, thoughts on this team structure - just trying something new.

Don't worry too much about the players themselves, just the structure in a way - what do you think?

BACKS: Goddard - Grimes - Lake - Ellis - Darley - Brown - Smedts Sierkowski, Morris

MIDS: Swan - Pendlebury - Ablett - Murphy - Montagna - C. Smith Shiel, Stevens

RUCKS: Luenberger - McEvoy Giles, Stephenson

FWDS: Franklin - Zaharakis - Martin - Sidebottom - N. Riewoldt - Christensen - Treloar Cameron, Kerridge

TEAM NAME: BIG V SUPERSTARS
DEF: Goddard, Deledio, Heppell, Grimes, Lake, Clarke, Ellis (Morris, Brown)
MID: Swan, Ablett, Murphy, Shuey, Coniglio, Shiel (Treolar, Stevens)
RUC: Luey, McEvoy (Giles, Stephensen) basically a set-and-forget ruck combo barring injury.
FWD: Buddy, Goodes, Martin, Sidebottom, Christensen, Smedts, Walsh (Zorko, Rowe)
CASH LEFT: $48, 500

What do you think of my overall team and could Shuey have a breakout year in 2012 and is Coniglio worth it?

Player v Player
Goodes v Fyfe
Heppell Suckling v
Mac v McEvoy v H Kreuzer
Zaha v Sidebottom
Christensen v. Brown

Any advice would be excellent.

Don't worry too much about the players themselves, just the structure in a way - what do you think?

BACKS: Goddard - Grimes - Lake - Ellis - Darley - Brown - Smedts Sierkowski, Morris

FWDS: Franklin - Zaharakis - Martin - Sidebottom - N. Riewoldt - Christensen - Treloar Cameron, Kerridge

I don't like it. Playing four rookies in the backs just seems way too risky. I would rather play more of them in the mids and maybe have Giles or Stephensen on the field than do that to my backline. If you pick the wrong rookie mid you can easily trade them to the right one, since there are always plenty to choose from.

I think there issomethg in this idea, but you've maybe gone a bit far. I'm all for midpricers in the backs (but NO WHERE ELSE) because there are a few every year who become keepers.

So, it is a reasonable gamble. But you've not given ourself much flexibility by going so hard at it. If it was me, I'd lose one mid and ensure you have a third keeper in the backs. Go 3/4/2/5.

I think there issomethg in this idea, but you've maybe gone a bit far. I'm all for midpricers in the backs (but NO WHERE ELSE) because there are a few every year who become keepers.

So, it is a reasonable gamble. But you've not given ourself much flexibility by going so hard at it. If it was me, I'd lose one mid and ensure you have a third keeper in the backs. Go 3/4/2/5.

Yeah, this won't be my team, but I think each year presents a new winning formula in a way, perhaps this year, it's cheap backs?

See how we go...

heres my 1st crack at it:

B: Deledio, Birchall, Johncock, Davis, M.Clarke, Ellis, Spur (Smedts/ Seria)

M: Ablett, Mitchell, S.Thompson, Gibbs, Shuey, Coniglio (Shiel/Mitchell)

R: Cox, Lueneberger (Giles/Stephenson)

F: Buddy, Fyfe, MArtin, Waite, Brown, Zorko, Treloar (Kerridge/Rowe)

Any feedback would be great!

heres my 1st crack at it:

B: Deledio, Birchall, Johncock, Davis, M.Clarke, Ellis, Spur (Smedts/ Seria)

M: Ablett, Mitchell, S.Thompson, Gibbs, Shuey, Coniglio (Shiel/Mitchell)

R: Cox, Lueneberger (Giles/Stephenson)

F: Buddy, Fyfe, MArtin, Waite, Brown, Zorko, Treloar (Kerridge/Rowe)

Any feedback would be great!

No to johncock, Davis, Shuey (even though I love him) and Waite.

Although Waite might be ok, he just is injury prone.

Backs
Goddard, Carrazzo, Suckling, Mackie, C. Howard, M. Clarke, Docherty (Ellis, Smedts)

Mids
Ablett, Murphy, Swan, Deledio, D. Martin, Caddy (McDonald, Miles)

Rucks
Mumford, Cordy (Giles, Stephensen)

Forwards
Franklin, J. Brown, Zaharakis, Hurley, Rohan, Porplyzia, Skinner (Zoeko, Walsh)

$2000ish left

Thoughts? May try to upgrade Hurley somehow and the rookies may change a bit.

What do you think so far bro's?

B. Goddard / B. Deledio / S. Burgoyne / M. Johnson / B. Lake / S. Darley / B. Ellis
B. Smedts / S. Morris

M. Boyd / G. Ablett / M. Barlow / P. Dangerfield / J. Winderlich / S. Coniglio
C. Wingard / D. Shiel

D. Cox / J. Giles
S. Rowe / O. Stephensen

L. Franklin / A. Goodes / D. Zaharakis / D. Martin / H. Ballantyne / J. Brown / S. Reid
D. Zorko / A. Treloar

Remove this Banner Ad

Post Your Team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back