Not open for further replies.

IDIG

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 3, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Post your team thread V.2 - if you dont comment, you dont get feedback

With the start nearing, i thought this thread would be a little bit more effective than the previous. Similar to the other one except:
- You must comment on someone else's team before posting your own, if you dont comment, you dont get feedback
- When posting your team you put a line or two about your thought process and who you are thinking of excluding/including (optional)
- Ensure you include how much $$ left

If you don't like this thread or the idea behind it, post in the other one :).

Here's mine, i'll comment on whoever's next.

B: Goddard, Shaw, Drummond, Cornes, Malceski, Raines, Hill (Grimes, Petrenko)
I'm thinking like last year, backs will struggle so have decided ill take the most risks here.

M: Bartel, Judd, Selwood, Gibbs, Petterd, Rich (Beams, Swift)
Think Selwood and Gibbs will continue to improve. Had Skippy but have gone for Petterd cos i needed the funds.

R: Cox, Ottens (Currie, Sellar)
Emergencies will need to be looked at.

F: Deledio, Richardson, LDavis, Fevola, Houlihan, Higgins, Ziebell (Sidebottom, Gumbleton)
Staying away from traditional big forwards in the early part. Davis is not someone id usually look at but going in with a diff strategy this year.

Cash: $12,500

With the start nearing, i thought this thread would be a little bit more effective than the previous. Similar to the other one except:
- You must comment on someone else's team before posting your own, if you dont comment, you dont get feedback
- When posting your team you put a line or two about your thought process and who you are thinking of excluding/including (optional)

I'm thinking like last year, backs will struggle so have decided ill take the most risks here.

Think Selwood and Gibbs will continue to improve. Had Skippy but have gone for Petterd cos i needed the funds.

F: Deledio, Richardson, LDavis, Fevola, Houlihan, Higgins, Ziebell (Sidebottom, Gumbleton)
Staying away from traditional big forwards in the early part. Davis is not someone id usually look at but going in with a diff strategy this year.

I like your backline, fairly similar to my own. I'm hoping Drummond can pull through his injury woes because if he does he should average well over 100. The only query about the mids is 2 geelong and 2 carlton. This is a serious problem if, like most, you will want to have Gablett in ur side by the seasons end. 3 mids from same side is a worry. Then again, you may not want Gary....your loss:p Cox and Ottens, well no problems there. Forward line looks solid, although IMO Pavlich is an absolute must. No Skipworth? Anyways hope i helped out in some way. Good luck this year.

Now for my own team:

Backs: B.Goddard, H.Shaw, C.Cornes, J.Drummond, A.Mackie, R.Houlihan, S.Hill (J.Grimes, J.Petrenko)

Mids: J.Bartel, C.Judd, K.Cornes, P.Hasleby, T.Tuck, D.Rich (D.Beams, M.Robinson)

Rucks: D.Cox, H.McIntosh (J.White, D.Currie)

Fwds: M.Pavlich, B.Deledio, A.Didak, B.Fevola, S.Higgins, H.Skipworth, J.Ziebell (S.Gumbleton, J.Grant)

Like IsDonIsGoodes, I have gone for some unique/risky picks in the likes of Drummond, Shaw, Mackie, Kornes, Didak.....but like we've all heard before, the risks is what wins this game. I have only about 2k left.
Thoughts??
SUF:)

I like your backline, fairly similar to my own. I'm hoping Drummond can pull through his injury woes because if he does he should average well over 100. The only query about the mids is 2 geelong and 2 carlton. This is a serious problem if, like most, you will want to have Gablett in ur side by the seasons end. 3 mids from same side is a worry. Then again, you may not want Gary....your loss:p Cox and Ottens, well no problems there. Forward line looks solid, although IMO Pavlich is an absolute must. No Skipworth? Anyways hope i helped out in some way. Good luck this year.

Now for my own team:

Backs: B.Goddard, H.Shaw, C.Cornes, J.Drummond, A.Mackie, R.Houlihan, S.Hill (J.Grimes, J.Petrenko)

Mids: J.Bartel, C.Judd, K.Cornes, P.Hasleby, T.Tuck, D.Rich (D.Beams, M.Robinson)

Fwds: M.Pavlich, B.Deledio, A.Didak, B.Fevola, S.Higgins, H.Skipworth, J.Ziebell (S.Gumbleton, J.Grant)

Like IsDonIsGoodes, I have gone for some unique/risky picks in the likes of Drummond, Shaw, Mackie, Kornes, Didak.....but like we've all heard before, the risks is what wins this game. I have only about 2k left.
Thoughts??

The only problems I can see are in the risks you spoke about. Drummond with the soft tissue problems, Heath with the head/mental problems.
Didak is not a risk, while I dont have him, he will be all australian and will improve on his average from last year.
Pavlich is a strange one, I have a feeling he may play more as a permanent forward this year, cutting his points, but thats just a feeling.
I see T.Tuck as a risk also, alot have him, but I can see most of the established Hawks mids scoring heavily ahead of him.

Not too bad at the moment, my team's all over the place I think;

Backs: Goodard, C.Cornes, M.Clarke, Mcphee, Houlihan, Raines, Hill
em: petrenko, rance
Tossing up between Marty Clarke and Johncock, apart from that quite happy with backs

Mids: Ablett (C), Judd, Pendlebury, Salopek, Hasleby, Rich
em: Ziebell, Beams
Salopek is my special, think it's his breakout year, I'm worried about having Haselby and Rich there at the moment.

Rucks: Petrie, Maric
em: J.White, Currie
It's between Hille and Petrie, with Maric as No.1. ruck at crows, improving on avg of 70.

Fwds: Harvey, Deledio, Davis, Sylvia, Higgins, N.Krakouer, Henschel
em: Sidebottom, Dick
HELP, Sylvia, Higgins, Krakouer and Henschel, all been in and out of my side so far, not getting Lucas, wondering about J.Riewoldt or Skipworth.

14K of loose change left,

THOUGHTS?

Now for my own team:

Thoughts??
19 common players i think :D My thoughts are exactly the same with Drummond, if he can stay injury free he'll tear it up. Funny you say that about 2 cats and 2 blues in the midfield cos i was thinking that would be a problem, add Gazz and its a huge problem :D Have to think about that, i was tempted with Kerr instead of say Selwood but i think ive got enough risks already. I had Skippy but his disposal is terrible and with a couple of midfielders to come back in and a couple to hopefully step up, 22 games isn't a lock for him IMO (contrary to board beliefs).

To your team:
B - I wont comment on the others cos ive got them all lol. Mackie's name seems to popping up more often on here. He looks to be improving each year so could be a nice unique choice. Could have the odd big score as well.
M - Kornes is solid but i had him last year and he drove me crazy with his high poss lowish score games. Hasleby and Tuck are veryd ecent mid range players. So long as Hase can stay on the park he'll be well worth the risk.
R - McIntosh im not convinced with. I cant remember who i watched him play against but he looked very immobile, even for a ruckman. 50 ave at best id say from him esp with their other talls.
F - Pav id love to have and like u said he is a must. I just couldnt make it work. Didak i like, could be one of those years i think, seems like his less focused on doing the individual things and more on the team so far, only time will tell.

Hope that helps.

[/quote]
Tossing up between Marty Clarke and Johncock, apart from that quite happy with backs

Salopek is my special, think it's his breakout year, I'm worried about having Haselby and Rich there at the moment.

It's between Hille and Petrie, with Maric as No.1. ruck at crows, improving on avg of 70.

HELP, Sylvia, Higgins, Krakouer and Henschel, all been in and out of my side so far, not getting Lucas, wondering about J.Riewoldt or Skipworth.

14K of loose change left,

THOUGHTS?[/quote]

Looks to be a decent side M Clarke is a unique pick i havent seen much of him in other teams but the kid can play :thumbsu:
If thats brad dick on the bench maybe downgrade him to either Gumby or M brown to free up some cash to upgrade Maric but thats just my opinion... Also I think the Sylvia selection will pay off mainly because he really needs to step it up this year and having a midfielder as a fwd is always good.... Not sold on hentschell but other than that good work :thumbsu:

Now for Mine

Backs: Goddard, Gilbee, Shaw, Drummond, Myers, Houlihan, Hill (Petrenko, Dawson)
Recently had Smith but with the hammys downgraded to Houlihan ... Have had Drummond from day 1 and was beggin for low scores so no1 would get him but looks like that didnt happen :p Fairly happy with the backs

Mids: Bartel, Judd, Selwood, Gibbs, T Tuck, Robinson (Beams, Redden)
Only concern is having 3 Carlton players in the Mids but i will be looking to upgrade Robinson when he peaks so not too worried

Rucks: Hille, Kruezer (Graham, Spencer)
Fairly happy i guess... and yes no Cox :p (I am actually predicting an injury but thats another story ;))

Fwds: Reiwoldt, Goodwin, Deledio, J Brown, Veszpremi, Higgins, Henderson (M Brown, Gumbleton)
Only concern is that Roo and Brown are suffering from restricted pre seasons.. but then again when havent they. Had Brennan but with the quad upgraded to Goodwin

Overall pretty happy... thoughts?

IsDonIsGoodes

Backs; Some good picks here, but some risky ones as well, if you traded Grimes down to a 94k player you could almost eliminate a risk by upgrading either Shaw who has looked done as a SC’er or Drummond. But I suppose risks are a part of winning this game.

Centers: Very nice looking midfield, I don’t know much about Petterd but he must be doing something right for him to warrant a spot. Like you mention Gibbs and Selwood should be ready to fire, so some nice choices there and everyone has Rich so he is a cert almost for that spot.

Rucks; Good rucks, Cox is a proven SC star and Ottens should do some nice things. Hopefully won’t have to touch them for the season. You could try the double Sydney reserves tactic if you are unsure who to pick.

Forwards; Different approach but nice, Deledio is ready to go and Richo has been in great form now he plays up the ground. I think Davis is in for a big year so you got a good pick in him. Unsure on Fev, some weeks he will give you a monster score but the following 3 will be s h i t. Houli, Higgins and Ziebell are great choices for the lower price starters, Higgins is a must in my opinion.

Overall, pretty decent team and you should be pretty happy. Maybe a slight tweek or two before Round 1 and you’re set.

---------

Shut up Flanders

Backs:B.Goddard, H.Shaw, C.Cornes, J.Drummond, A.Mackie, R.Houlihan, S.Hill (J.Grimes, J.Petrenko)

Backs; Almost the same backline as IsDonIsGood so same comments would apply.

Centers; I’m liking this center line, hopefully Cornes gets off to a solid start this year as I think he started slow last year. I’m thinking about putting both Hasleby and Tuck in my centers myself. Same reserves as mine as well, I think they are two pretty decent cash cows.

Rucks; Exact same as mine across the line. I think it is great value and I hope I and you won’t have to touch this division for the year.

Forwards; Pav and Deledio are locks. Didak like you said is a risk but it could pay handsome dividends. I have Skipworth in my team too, I hope he fires he hasn’t looked to bad during NAB Cup.

---------

mattys123

14K of loose change left.

Backs; Different to most others I have seen, have you thought about Malceski instead of Clarke or Johncock? Just a thought.

Centers; Almost my midfield, don’t worry about Hasleby and Rich both should get good game time and Rich should rise in price, Hasleby should get some solid ball and hopefully rise in price too.

Rucks; They are different. I hope you are right about Maric, you could have a steal on your hands.

Forwards; Umm, I’d put Ziebell down forward and put a 94k player in his center spot and put him on the ground up front. Then you could get rid of the biggest risk you have down front, and it won’t be Higgins I don’t think. Krakourer could almost become Skipworth possibly or as you said J Riewoldt, I am considering him myself.

---------

theCATSfromHELL

Backs:Goddard, Gilbee, Shaw, Drummond, Myers, Houlihan, Hill (Petrenko, Dawson)
Recently had Smith but with the hammys downgraded to Houlihan ... Have had Drummond from day 1 and was beggin for low scores so no1 would get him but looks like that didnt happen Fairly happy with the backs

Mids: Bartel, Judd, Selwood, Gibbs, T Tuck, Robinson (Beams, Redden)
Only concern is having 3 Carlton players in the Mids but i will be looking to upgrade Robinson when he peaks so not too worried

Rucks: Hille, Kruezer (Graham, Spencer)
Fairly happy i guess... and yes no Cox (I am actually predicting an injury but thats another story )

Fwds: Reiwoldt, Goodwin, Deledio, J Brown, Veszpremi, Higgins, Henderson (M Brown, Gumbleton)
Only concern is that Roo and Brown are suffering from restricted pre seasons.. but then again when havent they. Had Brennan but with the quad upgraded to Goodwin
Overall pretty happy... thoughts?

Backs; Like you have said very solid backline. I’d consider changing Dawson from emergencies though.

Centers; Nice center line. I wouldn’t be worried about the 3 Carlton players and if you are put Beams on the field, he might even get a game before Robinson?

Rucks; An injury to Cox hey, you would want to hope so. :p Hopefully Kruezer can improve on last year and same with Hille. I don’t know about the reserves, I think most are having trouble in this department. Like I said earlier, the Sydney option is there.

Forwards; I’d downgrade Roo to Boomer or Pavlich to start with. I’m 50/50 on whether I should get Brown early or wait, I would probably lean towards waiting though. Is Veszpremi going to get solid game time, I’m not so sure as I was/ am looking at the option too but having to think carefully about it.

Here is my team for everyone to comment on;

Backs; S Fisher, L Gilbee, C Cornes, J Adcock, N Malceski, R Houlihan, S Hill (Emg; A Rance, N Suban)

I like my backline, I think I rather Fisher than Goddard and Gilbee and Cornes should be set for big seasons. Adcock and or Malceski I am hoping will turn into keepers, at least one of them.

Centers; G Ablett, C Judd, S Pendlebury, R Griffen, P Hasleby, D Rich
(Emg; D Beams, M Robinson)

Gone with the obvious, Ablett and Judd are going to tear it up. Pendles is ready but I am worried he may get the tag each week. I hope Griffen can explode this season and Hasleby comes back to some good form for Fremantle.

Rucks; D Cox, H McIntosh (Emg; J White, D Currie)

I think this is what I am going with for the rucks. McIntosh is a risk but I have to take it, I've got the Sydney pair in reserves.

Forwards; B Harvey, M Pavlich, B Deledio, S Lucas, S Higgins, H Skipworth, J Ziebell (Emg; J Grant, S Gumbleton)

This is the line I am worried about. It is the two Essendon blokes to be honest, Lucas at his best is a 550k + player but after his injury and he is kicking on I really don't know. Skipworth has looked reasonable but again is there better options?

That is my team, I have $32,100 remaining so what do you guys think? :thumbsu:

Here is my team for everyone to comment on;

Backs; S Fisher, L Gilbee, C Cornes, J Adcock, N Malceski, R Houlihan, S Hill (Emg; A Rance, N Suban)

I like my backline, I think I rather Fisher than Goddard and Gilbee and Cornes should be set for big seasons. Adcock and or Malceski I am hoping will turn into keepers, at least one of them.

Gone with the obvious, Ablett and Judd are going to tear it up. Pendles is ready but I am worried he may get the tag each week. I hope Griffen can explode this season and Hasleby comes back to some good form for Fremantle.

Rucks; D Cox, H McIntosh (Emg; J White, D Currie)

I think this is what I am going with for the rucks. McIntosh is a risk but I have to take it, I've got the Sydney pair in reserves.

Forwards; B Harvey, M Pavlich, B Deledio, S Lucas, S Higgins, H Skipworth, J Ziebell (Emg; J Grant, S Gumbleton)

This is the line I am worried about. It is the two Essendon blokes to be honest, Lucas at his best is a 550k + player but after his injury and he is kicking on I really don't know. Skipworth has looked reasonable but again is there better options?

That is my team, I have $32,100 remaining so what do you guys think? :thumbsu:

Really liking the backline... solid mix of premiums and improvers. I think u r safe with having both adcock and malceski as 1 is definately bound to turn into a keeper this year.

Very solid midfield. Having Ablett from the start will definately be a big advantage in the earlier parts of the year. Ill have to watch Haselbys NAB challenge form but from what ive seen he seems to be a decent cash cow. Good emergencies.

Rucks are good. Mcintosh from what i hear looks set to recapture some of that 2007 form and Cox apparently is a must (except for me ;))

I wouldnt be too worried about your forwads as you seem to have a good mix of guns and improvers. Considering Boomer myself. The only question mark is Lucus... do u have some way of getting rid of him?

Overall nice team :thumbsu:

Backs;
S Fisher, L Gilbee, C Cornes, J Adcock, N Malceski, R Houlihan, S Hill (Emg; A Rance, N Suban)

Rucks; D Cox, H McIntosh
(Emg; J White, D Currie)

Forwards; B Harvey, M Pavlich, B Deledio, S Lucas, S Higgins, H Skipworth, J Ziebell
(Emg; J Grant, S Gumbleton)

$32,100 remaining

Backs are pretty strong not too much needs to be said about them, other than that I find it interesting that you have gone with Fisher over Goddard. Also, you might want to try to bring Grimes into the line-up, but if you can't afford it and need to either Grimes or Hill I'd pick Grimes. Mids are strong, extremely strong in fact.

Ablett, Judd and Pendlebury are definant keepers for the whole year (unless injury or suspension etc...) . Griffen is interesting as I think this could be his break-out year too, however I just can't fit him in the line-up. The injury-risk is with Hasleby but he has potential to be the best cash-cow in the game this year after his previous highs and the last few season's lows. Tuck could be a different option however as he has shown that in the pre-season he has been able to clock up some BIG scores. Can he do it in the H&A season? Well, I think he can and that's why I've gone with him. Each to there own a guess.

In the rucks not too much needs to be said about Cox. But McIntosh is another different and unusual prospect. He has shown this pre-season that he can go low and high very quickly. I don't think that he is a certain keeper but he may pay off. It will be interesting though if he can average the scores he did in '07 with him, Petrie and Hale in the team with Goldstein pushing for selection. The trade talk also wasn't great in the off-season so maybe some dispute with him an the club?

Harvey, pavlich and Deledio will all bring you the scores you need but. Pav is the safest of the key forwards to keep the high scores coming early in the season and not drop in price. Lucas is a player I want to avoid. However, I disagree that he is risy having Skipworth and him in the same area. Skipworth will play midfield and Lucas deep forward so I doubt they have any fear of being dropped for each other. It's good to be starting only one rookie in the forwardline (Ziebell) as having 2 is just too risky. Higgins you probably know all about so I don't need to lecture you on him. Overall, very nice team. Impressed by it. :D

Backs
Goddard, Drummond, Cornes, Houli, Malceski, Raines, Grimes
(Hill, Petrenko)

Happy with the backline with Goddard, Drummond, Cornes and Houli (posibly Mlaceski?) all keeperes. Raines, Grimes, Hill and Petrenko should all make me money. I'm very happy with my backline

Midfield
Judd, Selwood, Gibbs, Wells, Tuck, Rich
(Otten, Robinson)

Judd, Selwood, Gibbs and Wells I'm banking on being premiums. Wells is risky but the form he showed in the seacond half of 2008 has me convinced he can become a 100+ Supercoach Star. Once again, Rich, Tuck, Otten and Robinson should all make me some nice cash.

Rucks

Cox, Sandilands
(McEvoy, Currie)

My starting rucks are guns. Will not have to worry about them all season. Cox - enough said. Sandilands - enough said. Very happy with them.

Forwards
Harvey, Deledio, Chapman, Houlihan, Higgins, Skipwrth, Ziebell
(Grant, Walker)

This is the risky part of my team. Houlihan, Higgins and Skipwirth are all risks but I'm confident every one will pay off. Besides almost everyone has them all so if 1 falls off the rails I'm not really behind the pack. Chapman can rotate with Jonathon Brown doesn't really make a difference.

I'm happy with my team and have $33,300 left in the kitty. Thoughts?

Backs
(Hill, Petrenko)

Midfield
(Otten, Robinson)

Rucks
Cox, Sandilands
(McEvoy, Currie)

Forwards
(Grant, Walker)

Backs; You got a pretty solid backline I think. Drummond is a bit of a risk for his price but these risks can pay off very nicely. I don't know if you'd want Hill on the bench at 160k odd, but if you have the money go for it as he should make a lot of money.

Centers; Very nice centers, hopefully Wells explodes this season. Gibbs and Selwood should have huge seasons and easily get 100+ week in and out. Tuck has looked impressive and is a good pick there, I'm still undecided between him or Hasleby. I'd consider getting Dayne Beams in your reserves, looks very impressive during NAB and I'd like to think he would be rewarded with a spot in Collingwood's side.

Rucks; A lot of money has been spent here, but if you don't have to touch them and they are bringing the big scores I guess it is worth it.

Forwards; Harvey and Deledio are locks. I hope Chapman can get 22 games for you this season unlike last year. Your lower tier forwards have potential to bring you in a fortune with Houlihan, Higgins and the like.

Overall it is a nice looking team, it looks like you have heaps of gun players in there and guns to be like Gibbs.

Backs
(Hill, Petrenko)

Happy with the backline with Goddard, Drummond, Cornes and Houli (posibly Mlaceski?) all keeperes. Raines, Grimes, Hill and Petrenko should all make me money. I'm very happy with my backline

Midfield
(Otten, Robinson)

Judd, Selwood, Gibbs and Wells I'm banking on being premiums. Wells is risky but the form he showed in the seacond half of 2008 has me convinced he can become a 100+ Supercoach Star. Once again, Rich, Tuck, Otten and Robinson should all make me some nice cash.

Rucks

Cox, Sandilands
(McEvoy, Currie)

My starting rucks are guns. Will not have to worry about them all season. Cox - enough said. Sandilands - enough said. Very happy with them.

Forwards
(Grant, Walker)

This is the risky part of my team. Houlihan, Higgins and Skipwirth are all risks but I'm confident every one will pay off. Besides almost everyone has them all so if 1 falls off the rails I'm not really behind the pack. Chapman can rotate with Jonathon Brown doesn't really make a difference.

I personally don't have too much to critique as it is a fairly similar set up to my team however.

Backs: I think is is going to be a fairly strong area for all teams and the only thing I would be worried with is claiming that Drummond will be a keeper seeing as how he's never even nearly played 22 games in a season. But if you're happy with that then it is a good backline.

Midfield: Judd, Selwood and Gibbs are all excellent choices but I think with $33k left in the bank you could upgrade Wells to a Cornes or Boyd who are good consistent ball winners.

Rucks: Enough said

Forwards: Very good as long as the mid tier players can perform with some consistency which I hope they do.

Here is my team:

Backs:

Goddard, Gilbee, Cornes, Shaw, Houli, Houlihan, Grimes (Hill, Petrenko)

I feel this is a very solid defence provided Shaw can stay consistent and I may upgrade Gilbee to Fisher.

Midfield:

Judd, Pendlebury, S.Burgoyne, Dal Santo, Tuck, Rich (Anthony, Beams)

Good provided that Dal Santo is playing off the half-back line in which case he could rack up some huge numbers.

Rucks:
Cox, Hille (Graham, Currie)

I could upgrade Hille to Sandilands but I don't think there's going to be that much difference between the two this year.

Forwards:
Pavlich, Franklin, Chapman, Higgins, Skipworth, Ziebell, Walker (Ballantyne, M.Brown)

Easily the weakest section of my team but I could make some changes if I swap Chapman for Steve Johnson and then Franklin for Riewoldt but I'm still undecided on that. I keep changing my team almost daily so I may end up with that option.

$3,200 left over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know absolutely nothing about these games, but that teams looks alright.

Four solid backs and every mid looks really good. Two best rucks, so that will get you a fair few points. Two solid forwards, but as you said, you might need to do something about that.

Hope my expert advice was good!

Anyways, my team is;

BACK: Goddard, Enright, Ellis, Morris, Hurn, Raines, S.Hill, Maguire, Rance

MIDS: Bartel, Swan, Griffin, Cotchin, Masten, Ziebell, Swift, Beams

RUCKS: Cox, Petrie, McEvoy, Sellar

FORWARDS: Riewoldt, Pavlich, Franklin, Fevola, T.Cloke, Higgins, Heyne, Gumbleton, T.Walker

Not much process really. Wanted a few running defenders, a solid mid and ruck line. Really went all out on the forward line hoping that it pays off.

I know absolutely nothing about these games, but that teams looks alright.

Four solid backs and every mid looks really good. Two best rucks, so that will get you a fair few points. Two solid forwards, but as you said, you might need to do something about that.

Hope my expert advice was good!

Anyways, my team is;

BACK: Goddard, Enright, Ellis, Morris, Hurn, Raines, S.Hill, Maguire, Rance

MIDS: Bartel, Swan, Griffin, Cotchin, Masten, Ziebell, Swift, Beams

RUCKS: Cox, Petrie, McEvoy, Sellar

FORWARDS: Riewoldt, Pavlich, Franklin, Fevola, T.Cloke, Higgins, Heyne, Gumbleton, T.Walker

Not much process really. Wanted a few running defenders, a solid mid and ruck line. Really went all out on the forward line hoping that it pays off.

McGuire is a risk. I know he's cheap but he just may not stay on the park. If you could spare another 20,000 you could upgrade him for Jack Grimes who's going for about 188k. He's pretty well a certainty to play all year and may also score pretty highly. The only other thing IMO would be Fev. He'll score 150 one week then 30 the next. Ya can't depend on him. His points all come from goals which really makes him inconsistent in SC.

Overall, down grade Fev for someone like Lucas and upgrade McGuire.

Here's my team for all rip through :(

BACKS
H.Shaw, J.Adcock, M.Clarke, N.Malceski, A.Raines, C.Bartram, J.Grimes EMERGENCIES- S.Hill, A.Rance.

MIDS
B.Harvey, B.Deledio, C.Judd, N.Stevens, C.Morton, D.Rich
EMERGENCIES- D.Beams, M.Robinson.

RUCKS
D.Cox, D.Jolly
EMERGENCIES- J.White, D.Curries

FORWARDS
A.Didak, N.Reiwoldt, L.Thomas, M.Pavlich, R.Houlihan, S.Lucas, S.Higgins, EMERGENCIES- S.Sidebottom, J.Zeibell.

I'd like to find a replacement for Rance, any tips on that would be helpful. I'm pretty happy with the team though. The forward line is maybe a little top heavy but still ok.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Backs: I think is is going to be a fairly strong area for all teams and the only thing I would be worried with is claiming that Drummond will be a keeper seeing as how he's never even nearly played 22 games in a season. But if you're happy with that then it is a good backline.

Midfield: Judd, Selwood and Gibbs are all excellent choices but I think with $33k left in the bank you could upgrade Wells to a Cornes or Boyd who are good consistent ball winners.

Rucks: Enough said

Forwards: Very good as long as the mid tier players can perform with some consistency which I hope they do.

I feel that if Drummond can get those 22 games in that I have myself a 105+ points scorer. I'm quite happy with Wells as I think this is his break-out season.

EDIT: Looking over his previous years I realise that this is a very big if.

Backs; You got a pretty solid backline I think. Drummond is a bit of a risk for his price but these risks can pay off very nicely. I don't know if you'd want Hill on the bench at 160k odd, but if you have the money go for it as he should make a lot of money.

Centers; Very nice centers, hopefully Wells explodes this season. Gibbs and Selwood should have huge seasons and easily get 100+ week in and out. Tuck has looked impressive and is a good pick there, I'm still undecided between him or Hasleby. I'd consider getting Dayne Beams in your reserves, looks very impressive during NAB and I'd like to think he would be rewarded with a spot in Collingwood's side.

Rucks; A lot of money has been spent here, but if you don't have to touch them and they are bringing the big scores I guess it is worth it.

Forwards; Harvey and Deledio are locks. I hope Chapman can get 22 games for you this season unlike last year. Your lower tier forwards have potential to bring you in a fortune with Houlihan, Higgins and the like.

Overall it is a nice looking team, it looks like you have heaps of gun players in there and guns to be like Gibbs.

As I said above I'm really happy with Drummond as I think that if he can get a full season in he can be a 110-120+ points scorer, which is a bargain at his price. I took what you saaid about Beams and Chapman and have gone....

IN: Pavlich, Beams
OUT: Chapman, Otten

Now have $13,000 left in the bank.

Here's my team for all rip through :(

BACKS
H.Shaw, J.Adcock, M.Clarke, N.Malceski, A.Raines, C.Bartram, J.Grimes EMERGENCIES- S.Hill, A.Rance.

MIDS

RUCKS
D.Cox, D.Jolly

FORWARDS
A.Didak, N.Reiwoldt, L.Thomas, M.Pavlich, R.Houlihan, S.Lucas, S.Higgins, EMERGENCIES- S.Sidebottom, J.Zeibell.

I'd like to find a replacement for Rance, any tips on that would be helpful. I'm pretty happy with the team though. The forward line is maybe a little top heavy but still ok.

OK, so to follow the rules, lemme shove my oar in on your squad.

Backs: Risks, and upside, everywhere. Heath Shaw *I* believe got found out last year, and I am not touching him in '09. But if he recaptures his best, he scores WAY more than his price. Adcock is a seriously good footballer - another one I got torched by last year. Pity he's not a little cheaper. I like Malco and Raines, though. I think they're quality SCers provided they're on the park.

Mids: Boomer, Lids, Judd. That's A-grade quality right there. Stevo seems to be set for a different role this year, playing off half back. I suspect if he DOES play that role, he's going to eat up the stats. Could be a good move. Morton is an unusual choice, but not a bad one. Could be the difference-maker one needs! Rich-Robinson-Beams. I can't argue with that, cos it's how my midfield ends too! Those three look "most likely" to add $$$.

Rucks: Cox and Jolly pick themselves. I see you have a full Sydney backup plan. Solid. Whichever tall bloke is getting it done in Sydney, you're on it.

Forwards: Riewoldt WILL score heavily, but geez he's pricey. Pav is awesome. He's just about first picked in my SC team this year. Just a rock. Didak is an interesting one. Tremendous talent... does he put it up as a SC score though? Not sure. Great (and familiar) list of money-makers.

Here's my squad, at a point in time, given it's constantly jiggling and changing around.

Backs: Goddard, Newman, C Cornes, Malceski, Houlihan, Raines, Grimes (Hill, Suban)
Pretty happy with how this shapes up, provided Hoops and Raines are in the best 22 regularly. Surely one of Grimes/Hill/Suban can hold down spot #7.

Mids: Bartel, Judd, Gibbs, Foley, Masten, Rich (Robinson, Beams)
Bartel and Judd are money. I believe in Bryce Gibbs. Foley seems like value in a strengthened Tiges midfield, and the last three are the best bets I can see for making cash.

Rucks: Cox, McIntosh (J White, Currie)
Cox = awesome. McIntosh is risk/reward. Does the 2007 or 2008 version turn up? Very very talented, I think he'll be back in a big way. Provided Laidley doesn't screw it up. I've gone for cheap, double-cover from Swans backups. One of them should be deputy to Jolly.

Forwards: Harvey, Pavlich, Deledio, Lucas, Higgins, Skipworth, Ziebell (Sidebottom, T Walker)
First 3 are just good SCers. Then it's risk and money-makers. I'm getting very very cold feet on Lucas. Sidebottom looks good, and I'd be staggered if Ziebell didn't play most of the year. He looks ready.

I've got about $169k left to spend, and I'm fiddling around with what to do. Do I forget this Lucas experiment and buy in another $500k forward (Giansira, maybe)? Do I get the one defender I feel I'm missing - Sam Fisher? Do I realise that McIntosh isn't that good and buy Hille. I also can't believe I don't currently have Travis Tuck in there. Surely he's points this year. Naturally I will look to buy Hodge and Gary Jnr during the year. But not at their current, stupid prices. Anyone see superstar Aaron Joseph contain Ablett last night? I'm not buying at $700k+ unless I have no other option.

Selwood - he is a gun but for that price I'd go Mitchell, Dal Santo, Priddis (just joking),
Fevola - I'm still to-ing and fro-ing about getting this guy..
Hawks players - unless you think Hawks are going to do a 180 or head south - I'd pick at least one player - having said that I haven't got any Hawks player - but will aim to get Hodge during the year (and fortunately I'm leaving Duddy out of my team this year as there are arguably enough substitutes for Duddy in forwardline)

My Team (attempt no. 1,000)

B: Goddard, Mattner, Shaw, Cornes, Drummond, Houlihan, R (R,R) - not that I"m nostradmus - but Hodge replaces R - Week 8
M: Judd, Kerr, Masten, R,R,R (R,R) - Ablett and Bartel replace R's Week 6
C: Cox, Ottens (R,R)
F: Harvey, Pavlich,O' Keefe, Goodwin, Deledio, J.Brown, R (R,R) - Riewoldt replaces R - Week 7

Basically 6 rookies - I don't think I have the balls to do this - but for now maybe -

I'm thinking of getting S.Dew and Malceski but at $360K it's at the awkward price...actually I don't think this team can work...lol

Selwood - he is a gun but for that price I'd go Mitchell, Dal Santo, Priddis (just joking),
Fevola - I'm still to-ing and fro-ing about getting this guy..
Hawks players - unless you think Hawks are going to do a 180 or head south - I'd pick at least one player - having said that I haven't got any Hawks player - but will aim to get Hodge during the year (and fortunately I'm leaving Duddy out of my team this year as there are arguably enough substitutes for Duddy in forwardline)

B: Goddard, Mattner, Shaw, Cornes, Drummond, Houlihan, R (R,R) - not that I"m nostradmus - but Hodge replaces R - Week 8
F: Harvey, Pavlich,O' Keefe, Goodwin, Deledio, J.Brown, R (R,R) - Riewoldt replaces R - Week 7

Basically 6 rookies - I don't think I have the balls to do this - but for now maybe -

I'm thinking of getting S.Dew and Malceski but at $360K it's at the awkward price...actually I don't think this team can work...lol

Backs look ok to me Mattner is a unique pick that could pull off as he pulled some good scores last year. Midfield Is hard to rate as you dont have the three others Kerr i think is very risky and i would steer clear of him. Masten is one i am thinking about as a 5th mid but i think rookies will score as much as him for a much cheaper price.
Rucks are fine as long as Ottens stays injury free you wont have to touch them the whole year. Goodwins one i would steer clear of also. His scores are only going to get worse im afraid. The rest not too shabby.

My team

Fisher Cornes Raines Adcock S Hill Petterd------Rance Suban

Really not Sure on petterd or Hill but i reackon as long as they shoot up in price ill cope

Bartel Judd Selwood Haselby Beames Rich----------Robinson Swift
Pretty happy here good foundation

Cox Simmonds------ Hampson Sellar

Will stay untouched fingers crossed

Pav Deledio J Brown Stokes Richardson Higgins Lucas-------Walker Ziebell

Strong line hopefully that can stay injury free and with higgins breaking out in a big way

Remaining salary 127 300 $

My team

Fisher Cornes Raines Adcock S Hill Petterd------Rance Suban

Really not Sure on petterd or Hill but i reackon as long as they shoot up in price ill cope

Bartel Judd Selwood Haselby Beames Rich----------Robinson Swift
Pretty happy here good foundation

Cox Simmonds------ Hampson Sellar

Will stay untouched fingers crossed

Pav Deledio J Brown Stokes Richardson Higgins Lucas-------Walker Ziebell

Strong line hopefully that can stay injury free and with higgins breaking out in a big way

Remaining salary 127 300 $[/quote]

Backline looks solid although you could probably do with a Goddard or Gilbee in there. I think your missing 1 backmen aswell, should be seven. Mids are decent, two rookies is a risk but i think you should be okay there. Cox and Simmonds are fine, leave untouched all year hopefully. Forward line is very very strong, cant really fault it TBH. Good team overall.

My team:

Backs: B.Goddard, L.Gilbee, C.Cornes, J.Adcock, M.Malceski, R.Houlihan, J.Grimes (S.Hill, J.Petrenko)

Mids: G.Ablett, J.Bartel, C.Judd, D.Cross, S.Higgins, D.Rich (D.Beams, M.Robinson)

Rucks: D.Cox, J.White (A.Graham, D.Currie)

Forwards: B.Harvey, M.Pavlich, B.Deledio, P.Chapman, H.Skipworth, J.Ziebell, M.Brown (S.Sidebottom, J.Grant)

It's probably one of the most risky teams that has been posted. My startegy was to basically go really high and really low. The number of guns in the team make it look a lot better than what the score is going to say. I think this team will change but it just looks so damn good.

BACKS

MIDS

RUCKS
D.Cox, D.Jolly

FORWARDS

I think your backline looks impressive with the only big risk possibly being Malceski, but I could be very wrong.

Your midfield looks strong but maybe at Nick Stevens price you'll be able to find a replacement who not only scores high consistantly but can pull off big scores at times of need.

Your forward line also looks good, not too sure how Dids is going to go SC wise because this is my first year on here, but besides that your forward line is one of the strongest I've seen on here..

Heres my team so far, I've taken quite a few risk's and I'm definantly looking to upgrade a couple of players during the season proper.

B: J. Bowden, B. Goddard, H. Shaw, C. Cornes, J. Adcock, A. Raines, J. Grimes (N. Suban, J. Petrenko)

M: J. Bartel, C. Judd, S. Pendlebury, P. Hasleby, R. Dyson, D. Rich (D. Beams, M Robinson)

R: D. Cox, M. Kruezer (J. Trengrove, D. Currie)

F: M. Pavlich, B. Delidio, M. Bate, Al. Davey, J. Anthony, T. Hentschel, J. Ziebell (T. Vickery, S. Sidebottom)

Any help with my rookie choices or possible upgrades would be neat

Backs: Goddard, Newman, C Cornes, Malceski, Houlihan, Raines, Grimes (Hill, Suban)

Mids: Bartel, Judd, Gibbs, Foley, Masten, Rich (Robinson, Beams)

Rucks: Cox, McIntosh (J White, Currie)

Forwards: Harvey, Pavlich, Deledio, Lucas, Higgins, Skipworth, Ziebell (Sidebottom, T Walker)

No Hawks players (for some reason I like mentioning it)
Solid team
Shouldn't Hill start before Grimes

Not messing around and going full Rookie/Gun strategy.. You reckon you will be able to bring in all the Guns come Round 6-7... putting a lot faith the rookies.. I would personally put in a least a few mid-pricers.breakout contenders in there.. Guess Kerr and Masten, Drummond will step it up.. but there very risky players... Kerr will do better, but will get hard tag every week.. Masten should do better.. but may get 2nd year blues, and Drummond well injury prone is a understatement.. but Ive put him my side also...I would revisit this personally.. But it may work for you.. so whos to say...

My Team.. still bit unsure.. whether have too much depth in DEF... theres too many good cheap mid-range options there.. Im not super clued up with supercoach.. so need some good sound advice..

Backs: Goddard, C.Cornes, Houli, Gilbee, Malcheski, Drummond, Raines
em: Petrenko, Hill
Loving the backline... but maybe too much mid-range depth.. Ive got Hill starting on the pine as.. I need a good emergency if Drummond or Cornes gets injured.. which will happen.. Planning on Trading out Drummond for Hodge at some point..

Mids: Bartel (C), Judd, Pendlebury, T. Tuck, Hasleby, Rich
em: Robinson, Beams
Pretty happy with this.. some good undervalued SC players.. Not set on Tuck. hes not the best SC player by the looks .. But at that price he should see a good increase in price.. to be traded out for Ablett later hopefully..

Rucks: Cox, H-Mac
em: Graham, Pyke
Would love to have Hillie.. but the word is he going to miss RD 1.. due what happen last night.. So tentative.. as i wouldnt have a good back-up ruck to cover him.. So im going H-Mac.. to hopefully trade in Hillie at some point.

Fwds: Pavlich, J Brown, Mcphee, Higgins, N.Krakouer, Skipworth, Houlihan,
em: J Grant, M Brown.

Forward line is not the Strongest. but players i have represent good value for money.. Im like Mcphee in Forward line.. he is undervalued after last year in forward line averaged.. 73 SC in foward line last year and 95 In defence preceding year.. Got 90 last week IN NAB back in DEF...Might swap J brown for deledio.. though..

So what do you reckon.. Do i need more depth in the FWD line.. more Key Fwds.. Alot of the Higgins/Skipworth/Houlihan/krakouer.. will be traded out for a Gun at latter stages of season..

One question do FWDs in SC fluctuate in price as much as DT...?????

Not messing around and going full Rookie/Gun strategy.. You reckon you will be able to bring in all the Guns come Round 6-7... putting a lot faith the rookies.. I would personally put in a least a few mid-pricers.breakout contenders in there.. Guess Kerr and Masten, Drummond will step it up.. but there very risky players... Kerr will do better, but will get hard tag every week.. Masten should do better.. but may get 2nd year blues, and Drummond well injury prone is a understatement.. but Ive put him my side also...I would revisit this personally.. But it may work for you.. so whos to say...

My Team.. still bit unsure.. whether have too much depth in DEF... theres too many good cheap mid-range options there.. Im not super clued up with supercoach.. so need some good sound advice..

Backs: Goddard, C.Cornes, Houli, Gilbee, Malcheski, Drummond, Raines
em: Petrenko, Hill
Loving the backline... but maybe too much mid-range depth.. Ive got Hill starting on the pine as.. I need a good emergency if Drummond or Cornes gets injured.. which will happen.. Planning on Trading out Drummond for Hodge at some point..

Mids: Bartel (C), Judd, Pendlebury, T. Tuck, Hasleby, Rich
em: Robinson, Beams
Pretty happy with this.. some good undervalued SC players.. Not set on Tuck. hes not the best SC player by the looks .. But at that price he should see a good increase in price.. to be traded out for Ablett later hopefully..

Rucks: Cox, H-Mac
em: Graham, Pyke
Would love to have Hillie.. but the word is he going to miss RD 1.. due what happen last night.. So tentative.. as i wouldnt have a good back-up ruck to cover him.. So im going H-Mac.. to hopefully trade in Hillie at some point.

Fwds: Pavlich, J Brown, Mcphee, Higgins, N.Krakouer, Skipworth, Houlihan,
em: J Grant, M Brown.

Forward line is not the Strongest. but players i have represent good value for money.. Im like Mcphee in Forward line.. he is undervalued after last year in forward line averaged.. 73 SC in foward line last year and 95 In defence preceding year.. Got 90 last week IN NAB back in DEF...Might swap J brown for deledio.. though..

So what do you reckon.. Do i need more depth in the FWD line.. more Key Fwds.. Alot of the Higgins/Skipworth/Houlihan/krakouer.. will be traded out for a Gun at latter stages of season..

One question do FWDs in SC fluctuate in price as much as DT...?????

Backs: Very nice! real nice solid backline. Should bring up huge scores very regularly.

Mids: Nice combination of Keepers an players who i think could bring in some extra cash to upgrade later down the track. Not much more you could do there looks very steady across the board.

Rucks: Same combos been seen in quiet a few teams with Cox. Not really much to comment on but atm i prefer kruezer i think he does a lot more ground work then other ruckmen.

Fwds: Get rid of Mcphee. If he keeps getting moved around i doubt we will see him hitting any score around the 80 mark. krakouer is an interesting one haven't seen him in a lot of teams but he could do well this year. He is having a good pre season. All in all solid team an solid fwd line.

My team

BACKS: Malceski, Drummond, B. Goddard, S. Fisher, R. Houlihan, S. Hill, A. Rains (EMG: Z. N. Suban, A. Rance)

I like my backs i really think its stable and could deliever some real big scores. Only delima i'm having atm is bring in Cornes for drummond but that means i got to trade gia down to brennan or anyone cheaper such as BJ.

MIDS: G. Ablett, C. Judd, B. Gibbs, D. Cross, T. Tuck, D. Rich (EMG: M. Robinson, T. Swift)

My favourtie part of my team. I love my 4 preiumums an i think tuck and rich shold do deliver some good scores which will allow me to upgrade them later down the track

RUCKS: Simmonds, Hille (EMG: Currie, Meesen)

I prefer hille over cox. I think hille can deliever the same scores that cox can at a much cheaper cost. This is going to be hilles year! Simmonds should keep his 70 odd avg from last year imo.

FWDS: B. Harvey, Pavlich, B. Delideo, Higgens, Giansricusia, Skipworth, Zeibell (EMG: S. Sidebottom, M. Thorp)

As i mentioned before, the little delima i have with gia/brennan (or any fwd under 500k) has got me stumped. I like my fwds, but i think they could have been stronger, but i can always upgrade the lieks of skippy an higgens.

Bank: $300 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back