Discussion Potential Coach Replacements

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

they will announce the coach within 7 to 10 days?

it is obvious they dont want the new coach's input for trading week.
They must have something planned, they might want to keep everyone, or they might want to get rid of a few , who knows..

they will announce the coach within 7 to 10 days?

it is obvious they dont want the new coach's input for trading week.
They must have something planned, they might want to keep everyone, or they might want to get rid of a few , who knows..
It's obvious that we want to assess the candidates thoroughly. It's unfortunate that doing so means the coach will pretty much miss trade week, but that seems a better idea than rushing the process. Didn't we recruit THAT Essendon scumbag in haste?

yeah im not saying its good or bad, just that they dont want the new coach to have any say in its list management. At least for next year anyway.
I'm saying it's not a case of want, it's a case of 'we got dropped in the shite and it's necessary'

it was interesting to hear that there were originally 40 candidates...now you'd think down to 4-5 max - watters, hinkley, richardson, harvey and brown.

I'm saying it's not a case of want, it's a case of 'we got dropped in the shite and it's necessary'

i dont buy it, i think the club got spooked in the first interview process with all the rebuild and trade talk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee, GT, that makes YOU look bad, not the club.

Frankly, I couldn't be more impressed with the way that the club has gone about it. In the wake of Lyon's leaving, there was always the temptation to panic and just get SOMEBODY who was semi-decent. Media twits have only added to the pressure and confusion surrounding the process. Instead of just rushing into it, they have carefully, thoughtfully gone through a responsible process. The selection panel was excellent (as Kildonian has pointed out), and the process has been wide-ranging, slowly developing focus. They have allowed a range of professional potential coaches to give them new options and fresh ideas for the club, and have been slowly discerning which of those directions will be most successful in the future.

For all the imbecilic vitriol about Nettlefold on SS lately (especially by NH's latest incarnation :rolleyes:), I think he and Westaway have really shown themselves to be excellent value during this process.

Gee, GT, that makes YOU look bad, not the club.

Frankly, I couldn't be more impressed with the way that the club has gone about it. In the wake of Lyon's leaving, there was always the temptation to panic and just get SOMEBODY who was semi-decent. Media twits have only added to the pressure and confusion surrounding the process. Instead of just rushing into it, they have carefully, thoughtfully gone through a responsible process. The selection panel was excellent (as Kildonian has pointed out), and the process has been wide-ranging, slowly developing focus. They have allowed a range of professional potential coaches to give them new options and fresh ideas for the club, and have been slowly discerning which of those directions will be most successful in the future.

For all the imbecilic vitriol about Nettlefold on SS lately (especially by NH's latest incarnation :rolleyes:), I think he and Westaway have really shown themselves to be excellent value during this process.

I don't think Nettelfold etc are without fault - however yes, they have not pushed the panic button (externally) with this.

GT reminds me of a dumped ex-girlfriend. One that tries to humiliate and embarrass the ex and only succeeds in embarrassing themselves throughout their tantrums.

Have to agree with GT.

The only way to appoint a coach is to do it via a sham process like the time when he was appointed. Is that how you define true leadership?

Perhaps true leadership was when you gave the umps that verbal tirade on the eve of a finals series and caused unecessary distractions and whispers in the sky?

Yep, rightio GT... your cred is below zero on these matters, but I guess it hurts that you weren't on that list of 40, eh?

True leadership is not having a knee-jerk reaction to replacing a coach.

Now we know what Butterss was refering to when he said that there were people white anting the club. At least he has the dignity to ride off into the sunset and not comment.

How about you take a leaf out of his book? Or even Tim's or Stan's for that matter. Shyte, even Blight doesn't carry on like you do, and he has more reason than anyone to hate the club.

FFS, grow up, head down to Bunnings... get yourself a saw, a hammer, some nails and some 4x2 MGP10 structural pine... build yourself a bridge and move on... forever.

And in the event that you have a spare piece of 4x2... get your missus to give you a decent smack over the head with it. With a bit of luck, it might knock some intelligence into you.

Grant Thomas: A Wandering Idiot Looking For A New Village To Call Home.

FFS, grow up, head down to Bunnings... get yourself a saw, a hammer, some nails and some 4x2 MGP10 structural pine... build yourself a bridge and move on... forever.

Stain the pine you think or just leave it natural? I'd think a green tinge would suit.

What was the selection process for Blight, or Watson?
Lets grab someone we think we will be good.???

As far as I can recall...

GT was involved in getting Blight. Process: Throw a bag full of money at him. Yep, big win that one.

Watson: Sought by Plympton cos he wanted a coach which would bring success values to the club. Granted, I suspect the original plan was to have Trevor Barker eventually become coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back