Discussion Potential Coach Replacements

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
tudor then watters. Anyone notice while tudor was with us we were a better team.

Sydney were better this year too. Especially their forward line. I originally thought Tudor wouldn't be a step forward because of the Lyon connection but Im coming around to this idea. Can't deny his results. Where ever he's been the side has been successful.

The drums are beating for Watters getting the Saints coaching job in the media over here, don't know if they actually know something or just are pumping up a WA candidate.

Would be happy enough with any one of Watters, Hinkley or Tudor. Got a feeling Watters could get the nod though.

I'll probably be made to look a fool now when Gary Ayres gets the gig.

Ayres has been out of AFL for too long to be effective.Interesting if Hinkley has pulled out.He keeps getting into the top 2 or 3 and then gets rolled at the last minute. Makes you wonder.Caught the end of Robbo yesterday on SEN and he mentioned that a player tweeted that he had 3km time trial with no football coach or fitness coach. Looks like the new coach will have little or no input into the trade selection which cannot be a good thing to walk into. When you look at Geelong last season they did it quick and Scott was into it very quickly.

Ayres has been out of AFL for too long to be effective.Interesting if Hinkley has pulled out.He keeps getting into the top 2 or 3 and then gets rolled at the last minute. Makes you wonder.Caught the end of Robbo yesterday on SEN and he mentioned that a player tweeted that he had 3km time trial with no football coach or fitness coach. Looks like the new coach will have little or no input into the trade selection which cannot be a good thing to walk into. When you look at Geelong last season they did it quick and Scott was into it very quickly.

Pelchin has been appointed as head of StKilda's football operations for several months now. He would have almost certainly done a full list asessment.
I'm wondering if Pelchin's appointment may have been as a result of poor drafting and too many "off the cuff" decisions by the coach. Could it be that lack of autonomy could be a reason some are withdrawing.

As we know, there were some clues for Geelong that Thompson was leaving.

I think it's more important that we get the right coach, than to get the coaches input into trade week. How much do any outsiders know about the younger players on the list, the ones who havent played much or any AFL.

MICK Malthouse is free to coach again in the AFL in 2013 - if he wants to.

A confidential exit agreement from Collingwood was struck by Malthouse's manager Peter Sidwell and Pies president Eddie McGuire on Tuesday.

Despite announcing his departure after Saturday's Grand Final loss, Malthouse was contracted to the club as director of coaching for three more years. Both parties have agreed not to disclose details of the annulment, but the Pies have been assured Malthouse will not coach elsewhere next year.

"All I'll say is this: Mick will be looked after in the manner that is deserving of a bloke that has been a sensation of the club," McGuire told the Herald Sun.

"Mick Malthouse is one of the greatest people I have ever met - not only in football, but in life. His contribution to Collingwood Football Club is immeasurable.

"He and (wife) Nanette will always be received at Collingwood as heroes of the club. We love him."

Malthouse will address the Magpie faithful for the final time at tonight's Copeland Trophy dinner.

The club is expected to unveil a special tribute to the man who coached it to five Grand Finals for one premiership over 12 years.

Here's an article that shuts down any possibility of Malthouse coaching us or being an assistant coach.

The drums are beating for Watters getting the Saints coaching job in the media over here, don't know if they actually know something or just are pumping up a WA candidate.

Would be happy enough with any one of Watters, Hinkley or Tudor. Got a feeling Watters could get the nod though.

I'll probably be made to look a fool now when Gary Ayres gets the gig.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/st-kilda-has-gary-ayres-in-mix/story-e6frf9jf-1226160721946

There is no mention on Tudor being a candidate for the coaching job.

An old colleague of Chris Pelchen tells me that Gary Ayres was interviewed today for the St Kilda coaching gig...

Doesn't mean he's got it by any means, but he certainly in the mix.

And from all accounts interviewed very well.

All candidates were interviewed yesterday and today. Watters was also this afternoon. Doesnt mean any of them have the job. Its the process.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll be fine for a head coach, all candidates are pretty good and we're sure to pick a winner. Of greater concern are assistants, we've got to pick up at least one and have pretty much missed the window on the assistant meat market.

I wonder if we could get one of the candidates as senior coach and another as an assistant coach? ie. Watters or Hinkley as coach with Ayres as an assistant or vice versa.

Not sure if any of them would be prepared to take an assistant role, although Ayres might just to get back into the AFL system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back