Pozzo's analysis on AFL club supporters!

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Re: Pozzo's analysis on AFL club supporters!

Originally posted by riccardo
I am tempted to take offence to one point in particular - St Kilda are not the "most unsuccessful Victorian club still around".
We won our last premiership after Geelong and Melbourne won thier last ones (St Kilda 66, Geelong 63 Melbourne '64) Footscray has only been in 2 GF's to our 5 (one victory each) and none since 1961 (us 4 since then), we have had the most (or close to the most) Brownlow Medals for a Vic. club, and we currently hold the 3 trophies we contend for mid-season (Vs Bulldogs, Hawthorn and West Coast).
And we had 11,000 members signed up on Saturday, and its bound to be more now. Looks like Saints fans aren't that hard to find after all.

Its as simple as...Geelong have won more premierships...Melbourne more premierships...Footscray less wooden spoons

Re: Re: Re: Pozzo's analysis on AFL club supporters!

Originally posted by la47
Its as simple as...Geelong have won more premierships...Melbourne more premierships...Footscray less wooden spoons

I was mearly stating facts. We are not the most unsuccessful Vic. team still in existance. There are other teams facing the chop before us, who have arguably been more successful during certain periods, but looking over the course of time, the only thing making us less successful than the others is the wooden spoon tally. Melbourne and Geelong may have more premierships, and the Dogs more spoons, but they aren't much to write home about right now, are they? My point was, we have had a greater degree of success over the last 30 years than these 3 clubs with regards to the points I made.
Blanket statements like "they are the least successful, blah, blah, blah" often do not address the pertinant facts. This is what I was pointing out.

Originally posted by pozzo
WEST COAST
The most popular of the West. Being successful in the 90s, West Australians developed a passion for them early in their career.
Ethnicity: No dominating race.
Supporter Base: Large.
Dislikes: Fremantle, Hawthorn.
Just to complete your education Pozzo, West Coast fans couldn't give a rats arse about Hawthorn. If we had to quote rivalries (and we consider all 15 other clubs rivals) they would be Freo and Essendon.

cmon thrawn, what have i done to u? i gave u 3 votes on the best poster thing, i dont deserve this.

... you dont deserve this because you gave him 3 votes? Maybe its because he is a really good poster you gave him 3 votes?

Originally posted by la47

FEWER premierships, not less. Grrr

dunno why everyone is gettin so cut up and defensive about this post. it is nothing more than mere stereotypes of the supporters of afl clubs, that were probably given days back when football was at its peak.

so far, in a thread i thought would be quite enjoyable, and one i enjoyed writing, i have not had one positive reply.

I don't know why you are surprised. People might have enjoyed your thread if it was funny. You might have got a positive reply if you had a positive contribution to make. But mostly you just bagged clubs, and got it dead wrong while doing it.

Example:

pozzo: ADELAIDE: the urine being thrown last year!

Actually, that was just a made-up rant from Eddies yes-men. No urine thrown about at all, only porkies.

pozzo: COLLINGWOOD: Most of the time they lead the memberships.

Actually, they don't. Adelaide do.

pozzo: ADELAIDE: Dislikes: Port Adelaide, Collingwood.

Well, at least you got that right.

But it would have been even more correct to post -

ADELAIDE: Dislikes: Port Adelaide, Collingwood, nongs like pozzo with idiotic attitudes.

Hope this helps explaining to you the reasons for the poor reactions to your post mate !

Pozzo's Analysis on supporter of the AFL clubs.

SYDNEY SWANS
Another kind of supporter hard to find, even in Sydney. Unlike Brisbane, Sydney residents have no reason to follow the Swans just yet who haven't really had much success.
Ethnicity: No dominating race.
Supporter Base: Low.
Dislikes: No real dislikes.

That is so totally wrong!

Made the Grannie in 96. 3rd last year. Swans supporters are all over NSW. I bet you have never spent any serious time in Sydney. We hate Norf & Eddiewood.

dunno why everyone is gettin so cut up and defensive about this post. it is nothing more than mere stereotypes of the supporters of afl clubs, that were probably given days back when football was at its peak.

so far, in a thread i thought would be quite enjoyable, and one i enjoyed writing, i have not had one positive reply.

I know you got Sydney's wrong, and from what I have been reading, you got all the others wrong too.

[QUOTE

ADELAIDE: Dislikes: Port Adelaide, Collingwood, nongs like pozzo with idiotic attitudes.
[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't it be

ADELAIDE: Dislikes: Victoria, Victoria, Victoria and Port Adelaide

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ur a 24 year old picking on a 14 year old. **** its 37 degrees man, go to the beach or somethin. u would have a car. if it wasnt for work experience u could bet ur ass i wouldnt be on here, n u can bet ur ass i would never be on here giving **** to some1 10 years younger than me!

Sorry, but you're playing with the big kids now, pozzo - don't give it if you can't take it!

(And WRT Brisbane, it may be more correct to say SOME (latecomers, mostly) are probably new too the game as rugby has been the dominant sport up north. There are a great many who have never followed rugby league - I'm one; and many who have long been converted to the great Aussie game.)

Originally posted by JeffDunne

Shouldn't it be

ADELAIDE: Dislikes: Victoria, Victoria, Victoria and Port Adelaide

I said what I said.

JeffDunne posted the bit about "Dislikes: Victoria, Victoria, Victoria".

JeffDunne said that, not me.

Pozzo's Analysis on supporter of the AFL clubs.

WESTERN BULLDOGS
As you hear very often, this team is the poorest, one of the most unsuccessful and one of the lowest supporter bases in the AFL. A supporter base targeted for the western suburbs of Victoria who mostly have better things to do than go to the football... like shoot up :rolleyes: .

I was gonna call you a ******* but for a 14 year old kid that's not half bad for a giggle, you've sure got up some noses.

Soon you'll be smoking the pot instead of stirring it!

Originally posted by TheWackedYak
I was gonna call you a ******* but for a 14 year old kid that's not half bad for a giggle, you've sure got up some noses.

he'll proberly ask u how u smoke a plant pot ;)

Originally posted by ok.crows
What would make you think that ?

considering being ethnic is from when your background is one other than the main country folk, australian is not an ethnicity.

Originally posted by TheWackedYak

is that sposed to be a metaphor or somethin to mean somethin like soon i'd be getting whats coming rather than bagging other ppl?

is that sposed to be a metaphor or somethin to mean somethin like soon i'd be getting whats coming rather than bagging other ppl?

you'll find out one day;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Pozzo's analysis on AFL club supporters!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back