Game Day Pr(O)logue Round, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointingly, I didn’t think as a club we would after all of the talk out of the club in the off season about getting back and the rest but if we think it’ll just happen, we will join them list of many losing GF teams to disappear the following year and I reckon we have drunk the bathwater particularly a number of individuals including Rayner and Cameron. The latter has just been arrogant tonight and given a bath.
He would've had 4 if he'd converted easy shots.

I think in hindsight the first quarter ended up being a curse more than a blessing. Human nature to get ahead oh yourself after that and with Charlie’s miss to take it out to 50 odd, it’s like we thought that’ll do us for the night. It’s hard to get back up after a mindset like that.

It’ll take something to win from here, especially being down our most deadly kick.

As an aside, having Gardiner - a guy who beat Curnow in a final - playing forward while Payne gets dominated down back is a poor decision by the coaches. Should have absolutely put Dizzy down back on Charlie.

Go back and watch the last ten minutes of that quarter and watch Berry closely, not one clean possession.
Berry is not very bright and his disposal is terrible.

I think in hindsight the first quarter ended up being a curse more than a blessing. Human nature to get ahead oh yourself after that and with Charlie’s miss to take it out to 50 odd, it’s like we thought that’ll do us for the night. It’s hard to get back up after a mindset like that.

It’ll take something to win from here, especially being down our most deadly kick.
Excellent take. We went into cruise mode and couldn't get the revs up after that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back